Iron Man 3

123457»

Comments

• deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marly Z wrote: »
    Can someone describe what happened in the post credits clip?
    As the movie begins, Tony is narrating to someone about his life as Iron Man.
    After the credits, we see it's Bruce Banner that he's been talking to as a 'therapy' session. Unfortunately throughout the chat, Bruce has fallen asleep effectively rendering Tony's 'session' pointless. But then Bruce refutes that he isn't that kind of doctor that Tony wants him to be.

EDIT: reply added a bit too late :D
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like the line where he says something along the lines of him not having the right temperament to be a shrink.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back and whilst it was enjoyable it was (and this may sound stupid) very silly. I mean I know the last two had its moments of silliness, and that is obviously fine in a film like this, however this one really took an extra leap with it.
    Especially when you consider the villains. The first two films were just men. You had Jeff Bridges and Mickey Rourke. There "powers" were just modifications (Iron Man Suits and whatever it was Rourke created) but they were still just people. This one stepped it up to a supernatural level which I guess its fine after the events of Avengers but for an individual Iron Man movie didn't really click for me.

Sir Ben was fantastic until the reveal which even though I have no idea about Iron Man lore kinda irked me a bit. Kingsley was incredibly menacing and I don't think the filmmakers quite realised what they had, a film with Kingsley's Mandarin would easily been enough to carry the film, no Pearce necessary! Though I do think the whole Pearce giving the media a target was a clever plot point.

And the final issue I have was the friggin suits!!!! Jeezus it felt like no matter what a suit was there. And it could attach no matter what and now he doesn't even have to be in the goddamn things. It's now remote control. He can make them attach to anyone and blow up on command and just walk in to them. There was no danger as you just a new a bloody suit would be somewhere near to save the day.

I dunno there was just something not right, like they just plucked concepts from thin air at times.

Little better than 2 but miles behind 1 for me. I'll be surprised if Man of Steel isn't better.

It did feel though like they were trying to make something new and develop the story rather than just a cash in for a lead up to Avengers 2.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something?

Wasn't The Mandarin supposed to be the big baddie in this movie?

He was hardly used, so I suppose he is being set up for another film?
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ERM.. Wasn't it revealed at the end who the Mandarin was?
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I missing something?

Wasn't The Mandarin supposed to be the big baddie in this movie?

He was hardly used, so I suppose he is being set up for another film?

You were missing something
    you were lead to believe that he was the big bad,but in reality it was Aldrich Killian
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You were missing something
    you were lead to believe that he was the big bad,but in reality it was Aldrich Killian

I don't mean in the film, I mean in the promotion of the film.

Where were the rings that were mentioned?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JaiJai wrote: »
    ERM.. Wasn't it revealed at the end who the Mandarin was?

Just because Guy Pierce's character said he was The Mandarin, doesn't mean he was him.

Isn't one of the Mandarin's powers that he can influence other people?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Just got back and whilst it was enjoyable it was (and this may sound stupid) very silly. I mean I know the last two had its moments of silliness, and that is obviously fine in a film like this, however this one really took an extra leap with it.
    Especially when you consider the villains. The first two films were just men. You had Jeff Bridges and Mickey Rourke. There "powers" were just modifications (Iron Man Suits and whatever it was Rourke created) but they were still just people. This one stepped it up to a supernatural level which I guess its fine after the events of Avengers but for an individual Iron Man movie didn't really click for me.

Sir Ben was fantastic until the reveal which even though I have no idea about Iron Man lore kinda irked me a bit. Kingsley was incredibly menacing and I don't think the filmmakers quite realised what they had, a film with Kingsley's Mandarin would easily been enough to carry the film, no Pearce necessary! Though I do think the whole Pearce giving the media a target was a clever plot point.

And the final issue I have was the friggin suits!!!! Jeezus it felt like no matter what a suit was there. And it could attach no matter what and now he doesn't even have to be in the goddamn things. It's now remote control. He can make them attach to anyone and blow up on command and just walk in to them. There was no danger as you just a new a bloody suit would be somewhere near to save the day.

I dunno there was just something not right, like they just plucked concepts from thin air at times.

Little better than 2 but miles behind 1 for me. I'll be surprised if Man of Steel isn't better.

It did feel though like they were trying to make something new and develop the story rather than just a cash in for a lead up to Avengers 2.

I agree with this view so much I actually signed up to comment on this thread.

I only saw the film on Wednesday but I wasn't overly impressed with it. After watching it I ventured onto imdb expecting people to have pointed out flaws and general annoyances about it but instead all I saw was people claiming others were idiots if they didn't think it was the best film ever made. Granted it had a few funny moments (and not laugh out louad moments, just chuckling 'huh' moments) but it was nothing special.

As Deserana says, the Mandarin had the makings of a great villain, and the suits annoyed the hell out of me. Why on earth when he and Pepper and the other one was getting shot at in his house did he not bother just bringing them up and destroying the helicopters? Given it was being shown on tv, any terrorists seeing that would have gone to toilet right then and there! Why did he feel the need to wait so long to have them show up.. as soon as it was clear Jarvis was on the way out I'd have sent for them. And anyone who says they were blocked in by the rubble of the house for the latter of these points: they're iron man suits, surely they could have blasted through it.

Also, once again as Deserana said, once the suits were there at the end, it was just a bit blah... no matter what he was being caught - seeing him outsmart Guy Pearce like he did the woman in the dinner would have been a better idea for the climax. Also, as for the suits flying everywhere, the one time he genuinely needed it one couldn't have just picked up Pepper whilst she was moving across the site on the crane?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to the previous two films I felt disappointed by this one mainly because Iron Man was hardly in it.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Got it on Blu-Ray :)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching, after buying it in Sainsbury's today.
    I give it a solid 7/10 at least.
    I won't go into spoilers, but there was nothing to be disappointed about. Trailer misleading, so what ?
    Lack of Iron Man, no there wasn't really.
    My only gripe if it can be one, it seemed a bit more smartarse camp and I had to suspend my rational thoughts more so.
    Then again it is a Marvel comic book film.

All 3 films are fine, but the first is still the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best part of this film is in the end credits, that speaks volumes about the film as a whole.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Hated Iron Man 1 & 2 but loved 3. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Watched this over the weekend. Have to say I really bloody enjoyed it. Felt a lot tighter script-wise than the last one, and I enjoyed the wise-cracking a lot. First is probably still the best, but this was lots of fun. Both me and Missus_El thoroughly enjoyed it, and felt it a worthy blockbuster Marvel film. :)
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt like 2 but loved the first one and this one.:-)
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this last night. I enjoyed it, but starting to get a little bored of the cocky and smarmy character of Tony Stark (or is it RDJ's acting?) and there were plenty of plot holes and stupid things happening to make it a solid action movie. It was still better than Iron Man 2 though but nowhere near as good as the original.