Love this time of year!!!

Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Christmas is coming, long dark nights, shutting yourself in a cosy house with a good book/tv programme/film, less people being loud and obnoxious outside, hot meals...bliss!

Anyone else a fan? I plan on curling up with series one of The Hour this weekend as I missed it originally and want to see what everyone is raving about in time for the second series. How are you spending your autumn/winter nights?

Comments

• IvorChestikoffIvorChestikoff Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Christmas is coming, long dark nights, shutting yourself in a cosy house with a good book/tv programme/film, less people being loud and obnoxious outside, hot meals...bliss!

Anyone else a fan? I plan on curling up with series one of The Hour this weekend as I missed it originally and want to see what everyone is raving about in time for the second series. How are you spending your autumn/winter nights?
    Yep, me over here! I love it too. Only a day or two ago I mentioned this to somebody here (adding that I hate summer - worst time of year for me :( ) and got the usual reaction. But hey, we're in a minority, so what. This is our time now :D
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i LOVE early dark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I love it too! And it's my birthday this month :)
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it too! And it's my birthday this month :)

Well, you know what they say about people born in November. You were probably a mistake from Valentine's Day.

;):D
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, me over here! I love it too. Only a day or two ago I mentioned this to somebody here (adding that I hate summer - worst time of year for me :( ) and got the usual reaction. But hey, we're in a minority, so what. This is our time now :D

I hate summer too. Too many people around being too noisy and I just don't like the humidity. Much more comfy now it's cooled right down. :)

We do seem to be in a minority from reading other threads about this, so lets stick together! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Room for another winter lover in this cosy thread?

I hate summer, I hate the humid weather, I hate BBQ's, I hate lawn mowing, I hate that the sun gives me headaches

I love cosy clothes, I love bed socks, I love hot stews for tea, I love putting the lights/fire on at 3.30pm, I love watching the snow fall,I love to be able to see outside without the need for sunglasses, I love it all from october to april!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Huge fan here too the rain keeps the noisy kids in my street indoors :D peace and not a bouncing football all day long to be heard :D

Love being snug as a bug on these cold nights :D far better than summer where it's too bright at night and you want to sleep in the freezer to get cool :D
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Room for another winter lover in this cosy thread?

I hate summer, I hate the humid weather, I hate BBQ's, I hate lawn mowing, I hate that the sun gives me headaches

I love cosy clothes, I love bed socks, I love hot stews for tea, I love putting the lights/fire on at 3.30pm, I love watching the snow fall,I love to be able to see outside without the need for sunglasses, I love it all from october to april!

Talk about kindered spirits - are you me?

Autumn/winter is glorious and I look forward to it in the way most people look forward to summer. Spring is alright too, although I'd like it more if it didn't mean summer was coming. :p

There is just something lovely and comforting to me about bundling up in warm clothes or snuggling under extra bed covers, and shutting the curtains early each evening.

I'm really going to enjoy the next four or so months! :)
  • Ruby94Ruby94 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Yes!!!! Me too!!!!

I think I've got the opposite of S.A.D. - my mood lifts the minute September hits.
    Forum Member
    Ruby94 wrote: »
    Yes!!!! Me too!!!!

I think I've got the opposite of S.A.D. - my mood lifts the minute September hits.
    Though it's rare (much more so than 'normal' SAD) there is such a thing as reverse SAD, apparently. I'm sure I have it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13546925

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/07/01/6984639-sad-in-the-summer-sunshine-depression-rare-but-real?lite

http://www.everydayhealth.com/depression/when-summer-makes-you-sad.aspx
    Forum Member
    Talk about kindered spirits - are you me?

Autumn/winter is glorious and I look forward to it in the way most people look forward to summer. Spring is alright too, although I'd like it more if it didn't mean summer was coming. :p

There is just something lovely and comforting to me about bundling up in warm clothes or snuggling under extra bed covers, and shutting the curtains early each evening.

I'm really going to enjoy the next four or so months! :)

oooh sounds just like me... we should start a fanclub :D

Although I do admit I dread the ice that covers the pavement's some mornings I am not blessed with ability to walk on ice.. when I approach I can almost hear it say 'step on me and I will make your bottom dent the pavement' hehe
  • JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you know what they say about people born in November. You were probably a mistake from Valentine's Day.

;):D

you know what they say aboute september babies? drunken christmas mistakes :D
    Ruby94 wrote: »
    Yes!!!! Me too!!!!

this is me! once september hits i get very excited.

i much prefer autumn/winter to spring and summer. i find the summer very boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best time of the day is closing the curtains early evening and shutting the night out.

And Hot chocolate with a splash of baileys,you just cant have that mid summer!

Just recieved a wonderful king sized duvet and covers from freecycle,even thou we only have a double bed it means we both get plenty of duvet this year! Awesome isn't the word!

Time to dig out the fleecy blanket for evening snuggles in front of the TV :D
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    I like it, the build-up to Christmas and everything, but I also think thank goodness it's over when January comes. I don't like the dark nights at all, I love the summer, sitting outside the pub in the evenings and not having to wear loads of clothes.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hate it. Worst month of the year, especially after such a lousy summer.

Spring seems so far away.

Endless months of grey, wet, miserable, cold days ahead.
    Forum Member

Spring seems so far away.

Endless months of grey, wet, miserable, cold days ahead.
    Bring it on! :D
    Forum Member
    zombie wrote: »
    Best time of the day is closing the curtains early evening and shutting the night out.

And Hot chocolate with a splash of baileys,you just cant have that mid summer!

Just recieved a wonderful king sized duvet and covers from freecycle,even thou we only have a double bed it means we both get plenty of duvet this year! Awesome isn't the word!

Time to dig out the fleecy blanket for evening snuggles in front of the TV :D

mmmm hot choccy with baileys *drools*

ahh I love the winter snuggles on sofa..I have a little single duvet so my LO can snuggle & a nice thick blanket I keep on the back of the sofa.. then the two of us snuggle up fire on.. enjoying a lovely family film ..marmite on toast mountain (eg big plate of marmite on toast instead of popcorn movie munchies) and the sound of rain or hail on the windows.. mmm heaven :D the worst part being turning fire off and legging it upstairs before we get cold.. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do like the last 3 months of the year and the Christmas atmosphere. Trouble is, come January, joyous feelings are soon replaced by those of a damp squib. All that money spent, now the bills come rolling in, the weather is cold and is a good 5 or 6 months before we can expect any decent weather and light evenings again.

On the bright side ...
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep me too. Greatest joy is getting home to the smell of the slow cooker slowly simmering a nice casserole or curry

Oh, and flannelette sheets
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so romantic. I just need somebody to share it with.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I enjoy it too, I love the cosiness of this time of year. Only until Christmas and New Year though. Once they're out the way I can't wait for Spring to arrive.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love certain things about all the seasons!

I def love this time of year - Halloween and Bonfire night all done and the promise of Crimbo just around the corner.

We're currently awaiting the arrival of our first baby so things are extra cosy and special for us at the moment....
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been through my remaining paid leave to find I've got four weeks left.

That's December taken care of then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I was the only one! I hate summer, it's such a disappointment unlike winter - you know what you're getting this time of year :p. It's much easier to enjoy now the blooming fireworks are over and done with. And the flip-flops, ugly "roman sandals" and just bare feet disgusting-ness season is over and done with until next year!
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I don't dislike any time of the year, just individual days.