Guardians Of The Galaxy

MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
Forum Member
So Chris Pratt has been cast in the lead role of the Star Lord in Guardians Of The Galaxy.Its a bold choice by Marvel to go with a unknown name but typical of their usual approach!

I'm unsure about this film as it will be totally different to any other Marvel superhero film so far.Its due to be released on the 31st July 2014

Comments

• AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me the selling point of this movie is director James Gunn. It's a bit like getting David Lynch to direct Return of the Jedi.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Yeah it is a different choice for the director but he may just be the right guy for the job!
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Guardians of the Universe are in control of the Green Lantern Corps :eek:

Marvel suck :p
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I know literally nothing about The Guardians of the Galaxy except they're part of the Marvel universe.

So I wikipedied them. I am none the wiser.

Thanos has something to do with them tho. One or two of them help the Avengers to defeat Thanos ??
    Forum Member
    I think it is part of Marvel Phase Two plans to include them in the introduction of Thanos as we head towards Avengers 2

By the way Marvel have relaunched the Guardians Of The Galaxy comic this week for anyone who wants to get to know the characters before the films comes out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I think it is part of Marvel Phase Two plans to include them in the introduction of Thanos as we head towards Avengers 2

By the way Marvel have relaunched the Guardians Of The Galaxy comic this week for anyone who wants to get to know the characters before the films comes out!

I'm certainly confused now.. the Guardians of the Universe are a DC creation! :eek: :o:confused:

Do you mean the Guardians of the Galaxy? :eek:
    Forum Member
    This thread has always been titled Guardians Of The Galaxy as I started it but its an easy mistake to make!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    This thread has always been titled Guardians Of The Galaxy as I started it but its an easy mistake to make!

I was a tad 'tired and emotional', apologies Motthus :o
    Forum Member
    It's ok no worries as it was late!
    Forum Member
    Glenn Close is rumored to be joining the cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 29,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two words: rocket. Racoon.....:D
    Forum Member
    Yeah he is the part of the film that will be interesting to see how they do and also they have yet to announce who will voice him!
    Forum Member
    Benicio Del Toro has been cast in an unnamed part in Guardians Of The Galaxy.He has signed a multi film deal like Samuel L Jackson!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even though I'm a comic geek, my knowledge of minor Marvel characters is weak (I've always been DC). Who is Karen Gillan likely to play?
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure myself even though I'm a comic book geek and Ive been reading the relaunched Guardians Of The Galaxy comics
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    This is one hell of a cast they are putting together. Established names, up and comers. i was initially hesitant about the film but with each announcement my expectations are continually being raised.
    Forum Member
    So John C Reilly has joined the cast as Rhomann Dey who is a human agent that deals between the Guardians and SHIELD on Earth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member

First bit of casting that I'm really uninmpressed by. I got bored of her quickly on Doctor Who. I really can't see her as a villain in a comic book film.
    Forum Member
    I don't think she will be a major villain as I think it's more likely that she will be a hench woman to the main villain!
    Forum Member
    So Karen Gillen has shaved her head for the role of Nebula in Guardians Of The Galaxy and they showed the trailer at Comic Con!

Appartently its very funny and there is a distinct Indiana Jones vibe to Chris Pratt character Star-Lord.Also 'Hooked on a feeling' was the musical cue for the trailer and Rocket Racoon was seen but not heard.The trailer appartently has a strong humourous tone throughout it.Hopefully they will release the trailer online!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pic of bald Karen: http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/jcrx_album/971894_10200143060291615_58235449_n_zps9930af6d.jpg

Doubt there would be many actress' up for that!
    Forum Member
    I guess they didn't give her much choice as she either did it or they would recast the role!

It's not as if Karen Gillen is a big name in Hollywood!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It better be a bloody good film to make up for doing that to Karen.
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to seeing this film and I can't wait until the first trailer is released!