Options

Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/Susynor/status/331894505726951424/photo/1

Says this picture was taken May 7, It is a leaner DM. And I don't think we've seen Louisa in that outfit before. Seems like a publicity photo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those Louise Jameson fans (Louisa's mother), it was just announced that Lou won Best Actress from The Offies (The Off West End Theatre Awards). These awards recognise and celebrate the excellence, innovation and ingenuity of independent theatres across London. Louise Jameson is the very definition of a working actor to me. She is out there every day performing, writing, recording, directing. She's not a big name, but is so dedicated to her craft and tireless in her broad selection of roles and vehicles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »

Says this picture was taken May 7, It is a leaner DM. And I don't think we've seen Louisa in that outfit before. Seems like a publicity photo.

Sorry that one is quite ancient. From way back in Season 2, I think,, I am pretty certain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 399
    Forum Member

Hi everyone,
    I've been lurking for a few months, but have been following DM since 2009. I love all the commentaries. This picture NewPark is quite old. I'd say at least back to Series 2 or 3. Love all the pics of the filming. Thanks!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I was thinking. I think the car filming is close to the woods filming. (correct me if I'm wrong) So do you think its the wedding car that breaks down and they spend their weeding night in the woods? :eek: I hope not. I want them to at least get ONE night alone for shenanigans. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzieblue wrote: »
    Finally got a few photos of mine up - the quality isn't very good as most were taken with an iphone, but I tried to make up for it with some explanation. Eh.

http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/mazzieblue2013/library/

Hi mazzieblue. Your photos are great! Would you like to share them on the blog (docmartinseries6.blogspot.com) or would you prefer to keep it amongst the forum members?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've only had 5 series so far. So, yes, S6 (filming now) will air in the fall, usually starting in Sept. it would seem but no confirmation that I know of yet on the date.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doc_Martin_episodes
    I can only hope the series overview is accurate with its dates.

Yes, my typing error. S6 not S7! Maybe wishful thinking from me....re:S7...:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sincere Thanks to Everyone who is posting such great pics

Giving me food for thought...

I wonder whose idea that haircut was in the first place ?

And

Surely there is a musical in MC...he moves so very well for such a big hunk of a man ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking. I think the car filming is close to the woods filming. (correct me if I'm wrong) So do you think its the wedding car that breaks down and they spend their weeding night in the woods? :eek: I hope not. I want them to at least get ONE night alone for shenanigans. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't put that particular scenario past them -- it sounds like something they would do! But let's hope not....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't put that particular scenario past them -- it sounds like something they would do! But let's hope not....
    NewPark, were you able to use the link (or whatever) to actually see them in the back seat of the limo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing. We'd need to get rid of the chauffeur somehow. Why? Well, we just want DM and LG to be alone, especially if this is their wedding night. We could send the driver off walking down the road to seek help. DM and LG get impatient and think they'll take a shortcut through the woods to get to the village. They get lost. Pony shows up and leads them out. Subtract one limo driver. Add one pony.

Okay, I need to just shut up now. I'm working a Lassie/Flicka/Flipper scenario into DM, which is crazy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    Shop girl, does that house next to the surgery have a greenhouse as in these miniatures? The house is lovely but not sure we ever see that side of it as it is high above Roscarrock Hill.

There are really two white houses to the left of the surgery, with a greenhouse or greenhouses at the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if I squint (and hope), the guy standing on the right side of the pony-photo, looks a lot like the cameraman standing in front of the Rolls. Hmmm?
    I think you're right. Looks like it is the same fellow. Which means, we're in for a pony scene!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Shop Girl View Post
    Not a spoiler or anything. A miniature makers group recreated Doc Martin's Village. Amazing! (From Sydney, Australia)

Start here and check out all the pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gramary...n/photostream/

= = =

I "shamefully" took a screen snap of the surgery and blowing up the image can I see a male figure in a gray suit (Doc Martin), a brunette woman in a blue skirt (Louisa) and at the Doc's feet.... wait for it... a dog. :)

Rob

You're right, Rob! Thanks for that info. I had to do the same.
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But thank goodness he's not wearing a onesie!

LOL! :D
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

NewPark - I have seen a version of this picture on the Doc Martin Online Therapy page. The version I found is on their bestselling album Meet Me in Portwenn Your picture shows more of Louisa - wearing hip hugger pants with a little bare:eek::eek:skin showing above it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Okay, I need to just shut up now. I'm working a Lassie/Flicka/Flipper scenario into DM, which is crazy.

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    LOL! :D

Unfortunately, when I think of a "onesie", it's even worse than the photos someone posted here. Their photos looked sort of like a version of mechanic's overalls or a "Snuggie." Bad enough, but when I first heard the word "onesie" used a year or two ago, it was in reference to the horrible thong thingie both Borak and Jim Carrey wore that stretched from crotch to neck. To clarify, Borak and Carrey did not wear the same onesie at the same time - that really would be the onesie of all onesies. Oh, the picture in my head gets worse and worse!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, when I think of a "onesie", it's even worse than the photos someone posted here. Their photos looked sort of like a version of mechanic's overalls or a "Snuggie." Bad enough, but when I first heard the word "onesie" used a year or two ago, it was in reference to the horrible thong thingie both Borak and Jim Carrey wore that stretched from crotch to neck. To clarify, Borak and Carrey did not wear the same onesie at the same time - that really would be the onesie of all onesies. Oh, the picture in my head gets worse and worse!

Borak's onesie swimmers were horrific!
    Brad Pitt's onesies in the photos are awful! I can't believe the whole idea of celebrities wearing these in public isn't a big joke on us! :o
    Mind you some of the women make them look pretty glamorous. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark, were you able to use the link (or whatever) to actually see them in the back seat of the limo?

Yes, I did see them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    Sincere Thanks to Everyone who is posting such great pics

Giving me food for thought...

I wonder whose idea that haircut was in the first place ?

And

Surely there is a musical in MC...he moves so very well for such a big hunk of a man ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:rolleyes:

A musical? Oh, yes, he could do it. We know he can carry a tune and has a kind of sweet singing voice. I can see him dancing too.

Which haircut? The Doc's? Didn't MC say he based it on a lot of busy surgeons he encountered when planning the role? Low maintenance hair.
  • Options
    SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A musical? Oh, yes, he could do it. We know he can carry a tune and has a kind of sweet singing voice. I can see him dancing too.

Oh, yeah! And that brings us back to Conniej's Song and Dance Man video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgrVsXnMP9o

Just makes me smile ear to ear to see him dancing, especially at the island ceilidh. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **Greta** wrote: »
    Yes, my typing error. S6 not S7! Maybe wishful thinking from me....re:S7...:D

Yes, I know what you mean about the wishful thinking!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found this on the American Public Television FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/AmericanPublicTelevision?hc_location=stream

"Doc Martin Fans: Over the last week and a half, American Public Television has collected some great questions from you about the Doc Martin television series. Due to the wonderful response, we want to share your questions and observations with the cast and crew. To get more of your burning questions answered, American Public Television is extending the submission period to May 20. If you haven't posted a question yet, please add yours now!

Next month, American Public Television will visit the Doc Martin set armed with these questions. Check back for more details in July to see if yours were included."

Scroll further down to see the original posting asking for questions. I've asked mine. I know you all must have something to submit.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Shop Girl View Post
    Not a spoiler or anything. A miniature makers group recreated Doc Martin's Village. Amazing! (From Sydney, Australia)

I "shamefully" took a screen snap of the surgery and blowing up the image can I see a male figure in a gray suit (Doc Martin), a brunette woman in a blue skirt (Louisa) and at the Doc's feet.... wait for it... a dog. :)

Rob

Did Louisa's blue skirt have white fishes on it ?
This discussion has been closed.