Damn annoying Digital Spy 007 advert!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
Forum Member
I'm abandoning Digital Spy news threads til that 007 advert stops running across EVERY page. It's ridiculous! Couldn't it just appear maybe even a couple of times if you want to surf a lot of pages?
Closing the ad on every single page you open is infuriating. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnnox wrote: »
    I'm abandoning Digital Spy news threads til that 007 advert stops running across EVERY page. It's ridiculous! Couldn't it just appear maybe even a couple of times if you want to surf a lot of pages?
    Closing the ad on every single page you open is infuriating. Anyone else agree?

Good God!!!!!... just seen it. Are they trying to drive people away from using this website?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Its worked because I'm just on the forums and Daily Mail for the time being.
  • cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    Use Adblock
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate all of these "undertone" adverts they've been using recently, taking over the whole page. ITs ridiculous.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google Adblock.

Thank me later.

Can't remember the last time I saw an advert interrupt me before a YouTube video.
    Forum Member
    Many of us can't use things like adblock on work computers I'm afraid.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tennant is pissing me off as well. The ad has a close button that doesn't bloody work.

Tried an adblocker but it blocked the whole of DS!

Ads are understandable and I can take banners and the occasional pop-up. But full screen ads with noise that won't close are taking it too far :mad:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    johnnox wrote: »
    Many of us can't use things like adblock on work computers I'm afraid.

Then you know what going to happen. Why complain?
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have google adblock, but that 007 ad still pops up.:mad:
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Then you know what going to happen. Why complain?

Oh right, so if I don't like something I shouldn't complain in a forum which is a gathering of opinions? Thanks for letting me know.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use adblock on chrome, and used to on firefox. I never see any ads - ever. can't see how that's so complicated ..
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get ads on android phone......but zero ads on laptop/netbook, chrome and adblock plus are pretty good at something.