Corrie: Sunday Mirror says Curly's back!!!???!!

Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,479
Forum Member
Front page of the paper says Curly's coming back! Saw this on Sky news so don't know what the article says but tbh I'll probably take it with a pinch of salt for now because we often get stories in the Sunday papers that aren't quite true and are often just speculation!

Personally I was never a fan of Curly and I hope this story isnt true. I don't really see the point in bringing him back as his story tied up nicely when he went off to Newcastle with his wife Emma. He didn't come back for Jack or Vera's funerals. Nope, leave him in Newcastle I say:mad:!

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Front page of the paper says Curly's coming back! Saw this on Sky news so don't know what the article says but tbh I'll probably take it with a pinch of salt for now because we often get stories in the Sunday papers that aren't quite true and are often just speculation!

Personally I was never a fan of Curly and I hope this story isnt true. I don't really see the point in bringing him back as his story tied up nicely when he went off to Newcastle with his wife Emma. He didn't come back for Jack or Vera's funerals. Nope, leave him in Newcastle I say:mad:!

What are your thoughts?

how would he return,his only friend left on street (kevin) is errm,busy on other things,shall we say

pointless return but with it being SB anythings possible,they`ll probs pair him up with Rita
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan Hill (Daily Star soap reporter) posted the following on twitter a few hours ago:

@SuseHill: Have just spoken to @itvpresscentre & there are NO plans to bring back Curly Watts #Corrie straight from top boss Stuart Blackburn #Soaps
  • Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie needs to steer away from an Eastenders style move like this.
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are drafting him in to take over Kevin's scenes, keep Tyrone in check at the garage etc,
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curly returns: Corrie favourite Curly Watts set for comeback as Michael Le Vell scenes deleted

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/curly-watts-returns-michael-le-1740421
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote: »
    Susan Hill (Daily Star soap reporter) posted the following on twitter a few hours ago:

@SuseHill: Have just spoken to @itvpresscentre & there are NO plans to bring back Curly Watts #Corrie straight from top boss Stuart Blackburn #Soaps

Thank god for that:)! Yeah as others have mentioned, there was something about him 'covering Kevin's scenes'!:o Hmm not quite sure how that would quite work, but at least the story has been denied!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart is up late isnt he? LOL
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness that rumour is false!
  • Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has aged really badly :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Jazzman wrote: »

No Job No Cash,No Cash No Botox
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who has???
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What connections does he have on the Street? Did he live with Emily at one time? I was never really a fan of Curly.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's only room for one Curly on Corrie. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    There's only room for one Curly on Corrie. ;)

Curly & Curly 2 hander needed ASAP :D:D:D
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he doesn't come back. he's a wet lettuce.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Alcoholism does that to a person as does heavy smoking..........:(:rolleyes:
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it Sarah only last month who was meant to return? :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confirmed: Corrie's Curly Comeback! Crikey!
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Thank god it's been revealed to be false info. Imo that is exactly the kind of direction they need to steer clear of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Damn; wrong show and wrong watts family. :(
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Sunita dead, Dev decides to put the shop on the market, determined to leave Weatherfield for good. Curly comes in to run it as a Frescho Extra. You heard it here first!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    With Sunita dead, Dev decides to put the shop on the market, determined to leave Weatherfield for good. Curly comes in to run it as a Frescho Extra. You heard it here first!

With Kirk as assistant manager - may be comedy gold...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only Curly I am interested in are Curly Wurlies :D
  • linlamlinlam Posts: 9,023
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have loved to see a return of Curly and Emma Watts with their child, but Kevin Kennedy seems rather busy - he is, with his wife, a director of an addiction charity, and recently he has starred in We Will Rock You.