What's the worst song ever written?

Comments

• JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything by TaylARRGH Swift.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    You Da One by Rihanna, Swagger Jagger by Cher Lloyd, Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye, Harlem Shake by whoever the heck it is
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starfoxxx wrote: »
    i think that little things song from one direction is up there with the worst, so awful! :eek:

You can blame Ed Sheeran for that one.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Weetibix has a point - 99% of the stuff in the chart may as well be the same song it's so bland and generic!

I disagree. There are definitely different degrees of awful. From the prosaic rhyming of Bruno Mars to the squeaky "country" music of Taylor Swift to the nursery rhyme dressed up as a club banger "Scream & Shout." I find all those songs/artists awful but they are very different and not all as awful as each other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whip My Hair, it makes my ears bleed.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'd say a large proportion of recorded music is quite badly written. I heard How We Do by Rita Ora today and I'd say that's definitely up there.
  • georgebarnesgeorgebarnes Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    i cant believe people are saying promise this by cheryl, i love that track, very catchy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Lol yes whip my hair shocking.
    But can't believe no one has put

Crazy frog.!
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Jennifer Lopez Ain't it funny remix with Ja Rule. Absolute shite. Crap lyrics, crap production, crap "singing". If a blocked toilet could sing it would sing this song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    'Moves Like Jagger'. OH MY GOD it makes me want to stick my head in the washing machine. 'Friday' and 'What Makes You Beautiful' are utter shit as well. There are many more but I would be here all night.
  • georgebarnesgeorgebarnes Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Jennifer Lopez Ain't it funny remix with Ja Rule. Absolute shite. Crap lyrics, crap production, crap "singing". If a blocked toilet could sing it would sing this song.

omg this made me LOL :p
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    them fatman scoop tracks.....
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although 'Friday' is lyrically awful, vocally awful and cringey. I don't think it's the worst song ever. It was at the time a good laugh on Fridays especially in nightclubs.

The worst song is something we'll probably never hear as it's awful. Though it may be on Youtube, don't really spend time looking for random people on it.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    You Da One by Rihanna, Swagger Jagger by Cher Lloyd, Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye, Harlem Shake by whoever the heck it is

Agree with all of them. I had a listen to Harlem Shake and it isn't even a song anyway, it's just noise. At least Gangnam Style had a tune to it.

Also add to that list:
    Beneath Your Beautiful - Labrinth ft Emeli Sande
    Beautiful 'Cause You Love Me - Girls Aloud
    Little Things - One Direction
    Live It Up - Tulisa

i cant believe people are saying promise this by cheryl, i love that track, very catchy

The lyrics sound like a 5 year old could have written them.

That made me laugh :D
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Agree with all of them. I had a listen to Harlem Shake and it isn't even a song anyway, it's just noise. At least Gangnam Style had a tune to it.

Also add to that list:
    Beneath Your Beautiful - Labrinth ft Emeli Sande
    Beautiful 'Cause You Love Me - Girls Aloud
    Little Things - One Direction
    Live It Up - Tulisa

The lyrics sound like a 5 year old could have written them.

That made me laugh :D

Beneath Your Beautiful is no way a badly written song, it's beautiful and the lyrics are powerful, no way would I put that there.

Little Things has some good lyrics, although I will admit some are odd :p

The other two I agree with.

Also add any Taylor Swift song to that except love story xD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Beneath Your Beautiful is no way a badly written song, it's beautiful and the lyrics are powerful, no way would I put that there.

Little Things has some good lyrics, although I will admit some are odd :p

The other two I agree with.

Also add any Taylor Swift song to that except love story xD

Agreed with Beneath Your Beautiful, fair enough people don't like the song and hate the grammar of the title but it shouldn't even be considered for the worst song ever written.
    Little Things could though, the guitar is generic and the lyrics are so bad at times :eek:
  • MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The following have been considered the worst song ever:

Macarthur Park

We Built This City

Who Let The Dogs Out

Friday

Personally, I thought nothing could beat Friday...but that "My Jeans" track posted upthread not only made my toes curl, but my laptop screen curled too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member

Nope, it makes me smile. It's a joke!
    Forum Member
    Andrew Lloyd Webber's Unexpected Song. Whoever sings it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0mchXy0h9k

Listen to the first few seconds, and you've heard it all... but he uses entirely predictable key changes to stretch it out to a painful 3 minutes 16. An utterly pointless waste of time, it has no chorus, just an endless bloody verse... in theory, Sarah Brightman could still be singing this in the studio, and have made absolutely no progress... :rolleyes:
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. If people just don't like Cheryl, then maybe they should listen to Priscilla Renea's version (she wrote the song): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVu2TMXmwD0

Or Adele's cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czwlth4mx5Q

It's clearly a very well written pop song.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I agree. If people just don't like Cheryl, then maybe they should listen to Priscilla Renea's version (she wrote the song): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVu2TMXmwD0

Or Adele's cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czwlth4mx5Q

It's clearly a very well written pop song.

I'm not a massive fan of the song but I heard Adele's version a while ago and I quite like it.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every loser wins by nick berry :mad:
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, it makes me smile. It's a joke!

Yes its a joke! terrible song though.:D:p

Even a joke song can be considered bad no.:confused:
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! You people don't know the meaning of a bad song. I've listened to an awful lot of stuff from the bog end of punk and indie and there are some genuine stinkers in among that lot. At least any nonsensical crud by the Black Eyed Peas (pick any song, they're all shit) does have at least some attempt at a tune and singing but the wonder of the do-it-yourself punk / indie ethic meant that there was absolutely zero quality control over output, resulting in stuff which was tuneless, off-key or just downright awful (although a lot of the worst post-punk stuff sounds uncannily like the Libertines).

Example: The Pastels - Coming Through

Ouch.
    Forum Member
    Yes its a joke! terrible song though.:D:p

Even a joke song can be considered bad no.:confused:

I forgive it because it makes me smile. :)

Mind you, I don't remember it in the charts in 1981, I was only 4... if I'd heard it three times a day on Radio 1 I might have got sick of it.