Carl Water On Electric Box ( Coronation Street )

occyoccy Posts: 65,039
Forum Member
✭✭
I would have thought Carl could have electrocuted himself by pointing the water pipe onto the cellar in the Pub? There would have been water all over the place.

Comments

• PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know much about electrics, but possibly it has a safety mechanism where it cuts out when touched by water?
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since it looked like a metal pipe surely jason would have known it had been bent towards the fuse box therefore deliberate and since it was karl who went down. it wouldn`t take a genius to figure out who did it.
  • Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, the water was shooting out, and the fuse box made no connection with the pipe, therefore the pipe does not have electricity running through it and Karl is fine.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Since it looked like a metal pipe surely jason would have known it had been bent towards the fuse box therefore deliberate and since it was karl who went down. it wouldn`t take a genius to figure out who did it.

Plus Tim would of known it was facing the other way prior to leaving. It just conveniently hits the fuse box the minute Karl enters the cellar. Of course the characters go into stupid mode when a villain does something.
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was so contrived the way Stella and Gloria started having a go at Jason and blaming him for everything, even though he wasn't even there when it happened. Corrie has got so rubbish, it's like watching a really crap panto.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought the electrics would have been insulated!
  • Aztec23Aztec23 Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know much about electrics, but possibly it has a safety mechanism where it cuts out when touched by water?

Have this in my own home. I think once it detects a certain level of danger, the boxes are designed to switch and cut off.

For a bulb to blow for example from a desk lamp wouldn't trigger this, but if water say got into a multi-power socket, that would then cut out everything and avoid any potential danger.

I don't think it would have dangered Karl directly.