Options

The Walking Dead Season 4 [US Pace]

Comments

• Options
    caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one thing did like is how close and the trust between the main characters are now , almost the length of time they was off screen its happened , but it of course can only mean one thing, that it won't be long before some more are killed off!!, I betting michonne! - shes clearly on a death wish!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must admit I'd get tired of having to kill all the zombies at the fence each day.

It would be OK the first few times but eventually it would feel like a chore. And then having to go out and clear them all up as well.
  • Options
    GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed the season opener.. The time jump of a few months was needed... 1) to allow accomadate for the rate the actor that Karl is growing up.. But also to allow the characters to have some down-time and have a bit of a rest from all the death and killings to develop some sense of normality.. I'm likening the planting of crops and farming animals it's a side to post apocalyptic series's we don't normally get to see but necessary if they were to try and rebuild some form of life..
    Overall a very promising start
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Great news, Looks like they have cast Abraham. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-casts-pivotal-comic-648071 and Eugene.

Michael Cudlitz played a zombie "big Bob", in the brilliant Buffy episode "Zeppo". Nerdgasm.

Well, I really liked the opener. I saw some people say it never gets better for the survivors, but personally I reckon they go through the travails so they get the 6 or so months of good times between series. We don't want to watch that. Yet everyone seemed to have fun.

Beth's attitude the most marked thing here really, shows how you have to survive in this World or you become like the deliciously twisted Carla. Great cameo BTW.

Saw Gimple (the new show-runner) on The Talking dead, seems a quite funny guy, think that's seeped into the show, a lot more humour so far, and not all just deadly black.

Solid stuff to move on with.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed that, and a great ending. :)

One thing that bugged me was Rick apparently leaving the (I presume) dying boar. Why not take a second to put the creature out of it's misery, rather than leave it to be savaged by walkers? Well, unless it happened off-screen, but nothing was ever specified either way.

Sorry, I always make observations like this where animals are concerned, I just hate animals being in distress. I'd never survive in the world of this show. :o
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Slower than i expected but not without some classic WD moments, the zombies raining down through the roof was rather jolly! :D

Good to have this back on our screens and i'm definitely going to enjoy a break from the tiresome Govenor.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BenRielly wrote: »
    I've just watched the season 4 opener. Overall, it looks like it's going to be another good one.

The only thing that did bother me, really, was when Rick and his son were being talking about the pig and wondering what was wrong with her (and again later when it looked to be dead). Have they forgotten the Hershel is a vet?

He was giving out advice about how to be a farmer (including fashion tips) but nobody thought to ask him to take a look at the poorly animal.

That just struck me as a little odd.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to next week.

Lol yeah, me too :D

Aside from that, great opener.
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If these people are going to continue living in the prison they need to commandeer an earth mover so they can construct a perimeter ditch deep enough to contain the walkers before they get to the fence. If they made it just wide enough for a JCB they could crush them all in one sweep, or they could simply burn them all, as Milton did at Woodbury. Flame throwers aren't illegal in the U.S.......

I wonder if gaol fever (typhus) is about to break out. All of them look like they need to bathe and many of them look like they could be infested with fleas or lice. I don't recall them doing laundry since they left the quarry, mucky buggers. A zombie apocalypse is no excuse for a lapse in standards. ;)
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    A solid opener for season 4. Apparently it got 16.1 million viewers in the States. Crazy numbers. I loved the scene with the walkers falling through the roof.

I wonder how that guy got the virus, is it a new strain that's airborne? Or was he bitten?

It's looking up after a weak season 3 though. With Michonne planning this trip to Macon it looks like we'll see some new scenery. :)
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    A solid opener for season 4. Apparently it got 16.1 million viewers in the States. Crazy numbers. I loved the scene with the walkers falling through the roof.

I wonder how that guy got the virus, is it a new strain that's airborne? Or was he bitten?

It's looking up after a weak season 3 though. With Michonne planning this trip to Macon it looks like we'll see some new scenery. :)

We don't know it is the virus, it could easily be a disease, in the end as soon as we found out that all people turned once they died, it was always leading to something like this.

It's why that was a big deal.
  • Options
    shadowassassinshadowassassin Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the first time since Series 1, TWD appears to be getting back onto its feet, albeit 2 series too late. I'm so glad that there appears to be new direction for the show, and that by the looks of things, the prison will soon be compromised. After spending Series 2 in a farmhouse and all of series 3 in a prison, I'd love for them to be forced to explore a bit and get themselves into danger. It'd be nice if they could explore the actual disease or infection itself, and explore potential causes so we can understand just exactly why this has happened.

Good start, looking promising :)
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good first episode. The virus has obviously mutated someway and infected the lad.

They have to go bacl to the shopping centre, drive the zombies out then tske everything in site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good first episode. The virus has obviously mutated someway and infected the lad.

They have to go bacl to the shopping centre, drive the zombies out then tske everything in site.

See, I didn't think that was obvious. I thought it was just some illness - people are going to die of causes other than Walker or mad Governor. Or Carl. When they first moved into the prison I thought, well what if someone has a heart attack or something in the night and turns, killing everyone in the block? Do they shut their cell doors at night and sleep with a pick-axe under the pillow? I like to think this development is the writers addressing that point - it looked like some ebola type virus because of the blood but could be Typhus as mentioned up thread. Or Cholera. I originally thought Legionnaires when I saw the shower water. Lots of nasties to choose from rather than the Zombie virus.

Edit - Boyfriend just cheerfully pointed out it could be e-coli as apparently there is blood with that. Not sure blood from the eyes - but there can be blood apparently.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So from what I'm reading here the last scene with the boy is because of one of these:

The virus has mutated
    Something to do with the Zombie they kept showing
    Something to do with the pig (and yes why didn't Hershel check the poor swine out)
    An entirely separate disease

Just as long as it's not anything to do with Daryl licking his fingers before shaking the boy's hand :eek:

Please let Michonne live forever, she is my female Connor MacLeod. :)
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It made such a nice change to see Michonne smiling and laughing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So from what I'm reading here the last scene with the boy is because of one of these:

The virus has mutated
    Something to do with the pig (and yes why didn't Hershel check the poor swine out)

Just as long as it's not anything to do with Daryl licking his fingers before shaking the boy's hand :eek:

Well, e-coli is carried in feces....we don't know how hygienic Daryl is after a poop...so....could be...:D
  • Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The virus has mutated

I personally thought it was to do with some sort of virus mutation involving the animals such as with influenza that can happen.
    The close up of those flies on the dead animal I thought may be an indication on how it spreads.

I thought the episode was very good, its nice to have an episode that gets us all guessing. Record number of viewers I hear too which is fantastic.
  • Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Thanks but it says they are blocked in the UK. I found another website with them on that I could watch:

www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/the-walking-dead-webisodes-oath-part-1.html
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent first episode, nice to see some new faces in the prison (although some will be pure walker food). Hope se get some story of how these "newbies" came about and "their story", it'll be nice to slowly build a bigger picture of the outbreak.

I'm not sure about farmer Rick, I know he wants to be a better/changed man for Carl and Judith but he followed that girl to her camp way too easy, without thinking of the consquenses. As already pointed out, it was nice to see Michonne smile for a change, It's a lovely smile.

I too agree that the walker with no eyes has something to do with that poor lad and how he died, how I dont know but i'm sure we'll find out soon enough. It was interesting how the kids viewed the walkers as people and named them, Carl dismissd it all (fair enough) but i think this will be the way forward in TWD "world". The older kids and adults see them as killers/bad must be killed, the children growing up during the outbreak see them as human, an annoyance but can go about their lives with them nearby.
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Jesus the kid playing Carl is a terrible actor. Just awful
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - A George A. Romero acknowledgement to Dawn of the Dead! I would have thought that a shopping centre would have been a great place for them to live but the prison has lovely open spaces and still provides security.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    BIB - A George A. Romero acknowledgement to Dawn of the Dead! I would have thought that a shopping centre would have been a great place for them to live but the prison has lovely open spaces and still provides security.

...But the other way around, the survivors in DOTD were on the roof and the zombies/walkers were surrounding the mall. :D

I liked the shopping centre scene but unless I missed it, they never showed how Glen got attacked by the two walkers. It just cut to him on the floor defending himself.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it! Really glad to have this show back. :p

I love how much the prison has changed, and how they got animals and small fields to grow things there now. :D I laughed at the scene with Michonne giving Rick the razor. It's nice to have a nice funny moment every now and then. You can tell that Daryl hates all the attention the new people are giving him, which is quite funny. :p

Felt sorry for that woman in the woods, but I'm not sure that the decision Rick made to not stop her from changing will come back to bite him later this season. Maybe?

Ending was great!
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    ...But the other way around, the survivors in DOTD were on the roof and the zombies/walkers were surrounding the mall. :D

I liked the shopping centre scene but unless I missed it, they never showed how Glen got attacked by the two walkers. It just cut to him on the floor defending himself.

I always though that the reason they chose to live on the upper floors next to the roof was because they had a helicopter and it was an easier escape route. Had Tom Savini and his crew not stormed the shopping mall I think they could have lived there longer than they did, which I assume was around 8-9 months going by Francine's pregnancy.

I think Glenn has been a bit of a weaker character since getting with Maggie though. His sense of danger and awareness is somewhat clouded and this could have been the reason for him being attacked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felt sorry for that woman in the woods, but I'm not sure that the decision Rick made to not stop her from changing will come back to bite him later this season. Maybe?

I thought this too.
    AngiBear wrote: »
    I think Glenn has been a bit of a weaker character since getting with Maggie though. His sense of danger and awareness is somewhat clouded and this could have been the reason for him being attacked.

Glenn was great in S1, he was fearless he was happy to run down alley ways and be a lookout on buildings etc... Now he's gone all soft thanks to Maggie, it'll all end in tears eventually (imo).