Bad Grandpa

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Saw this last night in a packed cinema screen. Enjoyed it and def laughed a lot, mostly at the horror of what I was seeing though as opposed to finding it genuinely funny.

Agree with the comments that most of the best parts were in the trailer (especially the pageant bit, though if that hadn't been in the trailer I may not have decided to see this film after all).

I think what I took away most from this film was an appreciation I live in the UK as opposed to the USA.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally got around to watching it. Brilliant. So many laughs. The version I saw had a behind the scenes sequence at the end showing the reactions of the people in various scenes and how they put some of the scenes together. Really adds to the whole thing as it shows how genuine it all was. Sometimes it can be so easy to see lots of camera angles and think "Oh it's all staged and they're all actors" but they clearly weren't.

My only complaint is it got a little tired towards the end but picked up with the pageant. But well worth seeing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was funny. Got a but boring then came the penguin seen. I was nearly wetting myself. "Did you notice how I'm not fixing the penguin" and then the pageant. That kid is going to be one talented comedian. If you haven't seen fun size with that kid in, watch it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Loved it, hopefully the dvd will be extended etc with some good features, commentary etc
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Saw this the other night, enjoyed it, what always puzzles me with "Jackass" etc is how the actors don't end up getting beaten up is beyond me, they must have some very large security guys, just around the corner. In this film, the part where he goes into the petrol station, then does a runner, and the bar at the end with the bikers.