Options

America's Next Top Model Cycle 20 (US Pace) *no spoilers*

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Thank god Chris has finally gone home, couldn't stand him. Found him an awful person and to have literally the WHOLE house against you.. Shows he must have done a lot bad stuff.

I still thought the final 3 would/should be Jourdan, Dom & Nina :(

Not necessarily, maybe he's just living with a house full of bit*hes. I'm not trying to defend Chris H all the time, but I genuinely haven't really see him do anything wrong.

I'm only 5 minutes into this episode, and I'm already annoyed. Lol. Renee "There is a special place in hell for people like you". Overdramatic much? Cory is pissing me off too. Just because Nina was a mess at times, that's not Chris' problem. I don't think Nina was a particularly great friend to Chris either, it seemed like she'd sided with others whenever they had anything bad to say about him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hate Cory.

I hate Marnee.:(

I like that Robb hates Cory.

Kelly as a judge is growing on me.

Chris H looks better with his natural hair colour. They ruined him.

Jourdan to win! (still hate her though)

This cycle has gone from alright, to really crap now.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    Jamie_181 wrote: »
    I hate Cory.

I hate Marnee.:(

I like that Robb hates Cory.

Kelly as a judge is growing on me.

Chris H looks better with his natural hair colour. They ruined him.

Jourdan to win! (still hate her though)

This cycle has gone from alright, to really crap now.

I agree with this. I now just want Jourdan to win because the other two in my mind shouldn't have reached finals at all.
    I wanted Don/Nina/Jourdan final.
    Don had a similar look to Cory and I'm kinda only including him because there needs to be a guy and for me he was one of the stronger guys.
    Jourdan (btw I hate that spelling) has a model look and should get to the final.
    Nina had a quirky look and I thought she'd win
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    When the models were first announced and the pictures were first released I felt that Jourdan/Nina/Chris H would be the best final 3.
    Since it's been airing that hasn't really changed, but I expected Nina and Chris to completely outshine Jourdan. But in the end Jourdan has managed to shine and hasn't fallen apart like Nina and Chris kind of did.

If it wasn't for the fan voting I'd be expecting Marvin to win, due to the biased editing and judges comments, with Cory as a slight possibility. But with the fan voting, same as last cycle, the judges have had to acknowledge consistency rather than their own personal fave. Though they still tried to tip the balance last time with Kiara, but they just couldn't get her to beat Laura. I hope the same happens here.

I personally don't think Marvin has shined at all - a bit of a flop in the challenges, fairly flat photos and a bit of an immature attitude. His biggest asset is STILL his potential.
    I think Cory would make a good runner-up, as he has been fairly strong but surprisingly unmemorable. If it was 'America's Next Top Best Friend' I'm sure he'd run away with it, but on his own he's not really the show-stealer you'd want the androgynous male winner to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This cycle has really dragged in places.
    Part 1 of the final? I was like 'Are they kidding?'

Now it was Jourdan's turn to get a taste of the group mentality of this cycle, with no-one backing her. It just made me root for her more, although she didn't seem too thrilled having Chris on her team. lol

My original scores of the Guess campaigns:
    Jourdan - 9 (a little startled but has the 'POW!' that an ad should have)
    Marvin - 8 (looks young and fresh but it's a bit contrived and safe, more like a warm-up or practice shot)
    Cory - 7 (does look masculine but I thought it was just way too subtle and forgettable, like he's holding back)

Think it will probably be Cory that gets cut before the runway. He was shown struggling and complaining alot throughout the episode. The judges were really not keen on his ad either.
    Would prefer it to be Marvin so him and his obnoxious bunch of meatheads have the humiliation of backing a loser.

I'll be interested how the judges try to even things up so that Jourdan doesn't have the unattainable lead. There's usually a fall on the runway to bring the drama in the final.
    Either way, if Jourdan doesn't take the win I'll be pissed for her sake. This has pretty much been her cycle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This cycle has really dragged in places.
    Part 1 of the final? I was like 'Are they kidding?'

Now it was Jourdan's turn to get a taste of the group mentality of this cycle, with no-one backing her. It just made me root for her more, although she didn't seem too thrilled having Chris on her team. lol

My original scores of the Guess campaigns:
    Jourdan - 9 (a little startled but has the 'POW!' that an ad should have)
    Marvin - 8 (looks young and fresh but it's a bit contrived and safe, more like a warm-up or practice shot)
    Cory - 7 (does look masculine but I thought it was just way too subtle and forgettable, like he's holding back)

Think it will probably be Cory that gets cut before the runway. He was shown struggling and complaining alot throughout the episode. The judges were really not keen on his ad either.
    Would prefer it to be Marvin so him and his obnoxious bunch of meatheads have the humiliation of backing a loser.

I'll be interested how the judges try to even things up so that Jourdan doesn't have the unattainable lead. There's usually a fall on the runway to bring the drama in the final.
    Either way, if Jourdan doesn't take the win I'll be pissed for her sake. This has pretty much been her cycle.

Nah I think you'll get your wish Marvin is the weakest finalist he seems to fall into poses.
    Even with no one supporting her I can't root for Jourdan she's just not edited well (could be nice but it's edited as though she's annoying) If I'm right I'll kinda feel sorry for his friends cos they stuck with him even though it's pretty obvious he's going to lose unless Jourdan falls on her butt on the runway.

Also I haven't seen Top Model since like s9 or 10 so I have a question
    they are all dressed up for the runway are they all doing it anyway? Cos ultimately it means they could get noticed by other designers which makes most of the series pointless
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    Also I haven't seen Top Model since like s9 or 10 so I have a question
    they are all dressed up for the runway are they all doing it anyway? Cos ultimately it means they could get noticed by other designers which makes most of the series pointless

Yeah I think the final 3, aswell as their supporters, will all take part in the final runway.

I think they started bringing back former contestants for the final runways as early as cycle 5, even if we don't see them in the episode. But rather than the finalists walking in an official runway, ANTM started hosting their own runway shows with an invited guestlist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think the final 3, aswell as their supporters, will all take part in the final runway.

I think they started bringing back former contestants for the final runways as early as cycle 5, even if we don't see them in the episode. But rather than the finalists walking in an official runway, ANTM started hosting their own runway shows with an invited guestlist.

They could have done it from earlier I've pretty much forgot all the series I've seen. It does make about 7 weeks of the show useless as any agency who is a guest at that runway could offer a contract to rival the one they win to the others unless their told they have to wait a bit on it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought Cory and Marvin got good edits, and Jourdan got quite a rubbish one. Not sure if this means that Jourdan won't win!

From the pictures, Cory looked to be weakest. But I still have a feeling that he could sneak it with the way he was talking about breaking boundaries, doing it for the gays, etc… I hope not though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    They could have done it from earlier I've pretty much forgot all the series I've seen. It does make about 7 weeks of the show useless as any agency who is a guest at that runway could offer a contract to rival the one they win to the others unless their told they have to wait a bit on it

I've never really thought of it like that, but I guess that's the way it goes.
    Information about what agency the contestants have been signed to never seems to come out until the episode they're eliminated in has aired. But I suppose that doesn't mean they can't start meeting the agencies before then.
    Jamie_181 wrote: »
    I thought Cory and Marvin got good edits, and Jourdan got quite a rubbish one. Not sure if this means that Jourdan won't win!

From the pictures, Cory looked to be weakest. But I still have a feeling that he could sneak it with the way he was talking about breaking boundaries, doing it for the gays, etc… I hope not though.

I actually thought Jourdan's edit was pretty good for her chances. Before this episode she was coming across as the slightly spoilt front-runner but this episode turned her into the underdog battling the odds.
    Whereas Cory was shown being quite annoyed that he couldn't be himself saying that he had to work so much harder than the other 2 and Marvin made a few bitchy comments about Jourdan saying she doesn't appreciate the position they're in and that he wouldn't have sex with her. :o *cringe*
    We even got to hear from Renee saying that she will die if Jourdan wins. Bit extreme but all it does is make you want Jourdan to win, though not to see Renee die of course. But to punish her for saying such a stupid thing. lol
  • Options
    bleary_eyedbleary_eyed Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the right person won. The final runway sealed the deal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yay Jourdan. It's always encouraging seeing hard work paying off. In the end it couldn't be anyone else, she's certainly one of the most dominant winners, along with Jaslene, Nicole F and Ann.
    The judges at least tried to make it seem close but the scores reflected Jourdan's dominance.

I'm sure the final runways are just an excuse for Tyra's latest looney idea. Laura looked pretty incredible.
    It was harsh (and obvious) that Cory was cut before the runway. But of course, Tyra's been there done that, so you've just got to live with it.

This new style of voting has led to two very strong winners, even denying Tyra her first guy winner. Some previous cycles could have been greatly improved with this.
    I wonder if she'll keep social media scoring as it ends up with an obvious front-runner because fans can be pretty loyal once you've sparked their interest. Then if the judges like you too and you can rock the challenges, you can pretty much take off without looking back..

Great seeing Chris getting some cash out of it too. Funny that he and Mike ended up being Jourdan's supporters when they pretty much hated eachother.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Can't stand Jourdan, sorry. Would much rather have seen Marvin take the title. Oh well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Marvin looked terrible on the runway, he looked constipated, or was that just me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, not just you. I thought he was quite stiff and I agreed with the judges that he was rather inexperienced and just not ready for this yet.
    When he said he did better than Jourdan and that he knows he's going to win I thought 'Aww bless'.
    But he's got potential and a workable look.

Wish the final had featured someone a bit stronger to face Jourdan though.
    But that's what happens when the judges still manage to eliminate strong models and keep weaker ones, but at least this format leads to a deserving winner.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    I'm so happy with the winner. There was no denying she was the strongest model. Marvin was so weak imo compared to her and no way deserved to get to final 2.

I did really want to a male model to win this year, but Jourdan deserved it. I just wish she didn't have to mention her abusive relationship at least 3 times in every episode though. Got so annoying.
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just realised, I posted this on the wrong page haha.

Back to this cycle, the right person won, but I was hoping Cory would be part of the final runway (I know he was but as a finalist). For me there was no way Marvin could win with Jourdan winning so many FCO's.