Ticket(s) as a present?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
Hey, so this might be a bit of an unusual question but my mind has taken a bit of a blank. I've bought my BF tickets to a gig he thinks are sold out - they're a band we both love and so I got two: one for me, one for him.

Question is...when I give him the present, should I give him both tickets and then say they're for us to go, or do I just give him his and keep my own?

Can't figure out the best way to do it :) thanks in advance!

Comments

• FlickJFlickJ Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Just give him the one ticket, after all that is his present. in my eyes if you give someone 2 tickets it is their choice of guest. I'm assuming he would take you anyway but giving 2 tickets is making it his choice and you risk him turning round and saying he will take his mate lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    FlickJ wrote: »
    Just give him the one ticket, after all that is his present. in my eyes if you give someone 2 tickets it is their choice of guest. I'm assuming he would take you anyway but giving 2 tickets is making it his choice and you risk him turning round and saying he will take his mate lol

That was what I was thinking - I'd be pretty gutted if he took his mate - haha! Phew, that clears that up...one ticket it is! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was what I was thinking - I'd be pretty gutted if he took his mate - haha! Phew, that clears that up...one ticket it is! :D

Ooh, whos playing?
    Forum Member
    Ooh, whos playing?

Going to see Disclosure play in Glasgow...they're amazing live, saw them at T in the Park this year too. I can't wait! :)
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cold-hearted pragmatist in me would suggest you keep hold of both tickets.... just say you've got tickets for you both and you'll look after them. You could maybe tell a white lie and say promoter will dispatch tickets nearer the time.
    This is my advice after seeing rather a lot of awkward and sticky situations arising when couples buy tickets for gigs, flights or holidays and subsequently split up before the event.
    S'pose it all boils down to what sort of longevity you expect from the relationship and when the gig is?
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you don't need to give him a ticket, do you.

just tell him you've bought tickets for the gig as a surprise.

then give him his, if he is desperate for it. (the ticket, I mean)

(I see this is same idea as boselecta, above)
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Show some real class and give him both tickets and let HIM decide who he wants to take. It's quite possible he'd enjoy the gig more with a friend and you do want it to be HIS evening and not yours, don't you?
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the advice, everybody. Longevity-wise, we're pretty settled together so I don't forsee any short-term changes to our relationship :) the gig is in about a month's time so I don't imagine we'd have an issue if he had one (or even both) of the tickets.

I'd give him both but the band are relatively new, one of their songs is "our song" (yeah I know, soppy!) and I don't know many (if any) of his other friends who would like them.

Cheers for the advice though :)
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Instead of giving him one or both of the tickets, why not just say youve arranged a surprise day/night out?

Im guessing the tickets arent a birthday or xmas present so i dont see a problem with saying that its for the both of you.