A poor show from Christopher Eccleston

MacLovinMacLovin Posts: 2,769
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There's no real reason other than arrogance that he couldn't have filmed a few seconds of himself as The Doctor after John Hurt's regeneration.

Poor show Chris, very poor show.

Comments

• KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    MacLovin wrote: »
    There's no real reason other than arrogance that he couldn't have filmed a few seconds of himself as The Doctor after John Hurt's regeneration.

Agreed. Absolutely p!ss poor!
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop putting a dampener on things! Focus on who was there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    If he'd agreed to be in it wouldn't he have been playing the Hurt role?
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know!!! no loyalty to the fans!! thankyou david and tom though!!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not arrogance. If he didn't want to do it it's fair enough. His time on the show was perfect.
  • SeventeenSeventeen Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    He should have been there at the end, no doubt. He could have spent like 20 mins on set.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How often is this topic going to come up? If he didn't want to do it, he didn't want to do it!
  • zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree, it's quite sad really - The full regeneration would have been the icing on the cake.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he'd agreed to be in it wouldn't he have been playing the Hurt role?

No. Eccleston's Doctor was always the one that followed the end of the Time War. In 'Rose' he had only just regenerated.
  • shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petty and badly timed thread.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    How often is this topic going to come up? If he didn't want to do it, he didn't want to do it!

This isn't about him not wanting to do it; it's about the OP saying he really wishes he had done the regeneration.

I think it's a huge shame, but what can you do!?
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know!!! no loyalty to the fans!! thankyou david and tom though!!

Loyalty - what are you talking about:confused:
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have been a bit of extra icing but there is nothing to say he cannot appear in the future.

...............there might be a film at some point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Was happy enough about how they merged the clips and finally showed some sort of a regeneration but yeah I admit I would've liked to see a bit more after the regeneration, although that was not the focus of the show
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member

Well considering this is the day of transmission i think we can safely say this will be the final time.
  • MacLovinMacLovin Posts: 2,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    This isn't about him not wanting to do it; it's about the OP saying he really wishes he had done the regeneration.

I think it's a huge shame, but what can you do!?

Exactly, let's be honest he wouldn't even have needed to get into costume we could easily have just seen his face after the regeneration and that would have been enough as a nod to the show and I suppose the fans.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He didn't sign up for life, it was his choice
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a shame not to see John Hurt not turn into Chris Ecclestone. He has his reasons, but it was a shame.:(
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't feel he was obliged to, but it would have been nice.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tom Baker didn't appear in the 20th. In a way its better he didn't as it means the timeline of his Doctor stays intact, so from 9's perspective, Gallifrey is still gone, it also helps explain how some of the Daleks survived.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    cezzy wrote: »
    It was a shame not to see John Hurt not turn into Chris Ecclestone. He has his reasons, but it was a shame.:(

Pretty much this

Like most other viewers, once Hurt started to regen I was willing him to fully regen into Eccleston. Sadly it didn't happen but if Chris didn't want to do it that's his choice. He wasn't obliged to in any way
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why is there "no real reason other than arrogance"? You have no idea why a man chooses not to return to a job he quit 8 years ago. Nor do I. He might have any number of reasons that we're unaware of. And even if he hasn't, he was perfectly entitled to say no to something he didn't want to do. I really don't understand why this is so hard for some to grasp.
  • BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Massive shame we didn't get tot see Hurt fully regenerate into Ecclestone but at least we got something.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    Tom Baker didn't appear in the 20th. In a way its better he didn't as it means the timeline of his Doctor stays intact, so from 9's perspective, Gallifrey is still gone, it also helps explain how some of the Daleks survived.

It's still gone for 10's POV to and 11's up until the events of Day Of The Doctor
  • MeoquiMeoqui Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was stood there watching the planet at the end. For me that was enough. Otherwise where do you draw the line. Should every single one have joined in more....? Granted he has aged less than the majority and could 'slot in' but they needed to draw a line somewhere.
    Loved the scene with every doctor stood there looking on:)