BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 57)

Comments

• Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning SR and Hicky :D
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,586
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Morning SR.:+)))))))))))))))))

You snooked in while i was writing to Flora.:+))))))))))))
    Morning Hicky......if you're not fast you're last. :p
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:D
    Morning Eddy :D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:+D
    Morning Eddy.:+))))))))))))))))))
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Afternoon guys:) Nice and sunny today so far - maybe I can get round to planting the baskets:D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Afternoon everyone. :)

I hope Archie and Elmo are better today.
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    The person that runs the cattery said he was but the three cats go in the same enclosure so if all the food is gone it doesn’t necessarily mean that Elmo ate it because Electra is a pig and will hoover up everything.
    I think they would watch them wouldn't they?
    Hi Moots.:+)))))))))))))))

As far as i know, part of a dishwasher cycle is to check if the water has been pumped out, if it finds water is still there it won't do another wash cycle as it will go into fault mode.
    Part of the dishwasher cycle is to check its not flooding the kitchen but it didnt work on our last one. :D
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    (((Moots))) you shouldn't have any problem getting sedation, I've never heard of anyone being refused. I can't imagine how anyone could contemplate having those procedures done without it:confused:

Our hospital refuses for nearly all cases. I had it. That was the time they let me loose before I was recovered and I got lost and was raving- doolally-smashed! :blush:
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    No, they didn't say what had blocked the drains, but the retired vicar to our right blames the retired computer guy to our left!! Given that there are usually far more people in our house than theirs, I.m saying nothing:D

I am sure they are blaming you behind your back. ;-)

I left the double umbrella (the only surviving one in the house apparently >:() in the garden overnight to dry, and this morning found that Elvira seagull had done her worst on it several times. :( It took three kettles, loads of fairy liquid and a bit of retching to get it off.
    Ungrateful cow!
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Part of the dishwasher cycle is to check its not flooding the kitchen but it didnt work on our last one. :D

Our hospital refuses for nearly all cases. I had it. That was the time they let me loose before I was recovered and I got lost and was raving- doolally-smashed! :blush:

I left the double umbrella (the only surviving one in the house apparently >:() in the garden overnight to dry, and this morning found that Elvira seagull had done her worst on it several times. :( It took three kettles, loads of fairy liquid and a bit of retching to get it off.
    Ungrateful cow!

Maybe they do, but I’m not sure. Elmo doesn’t seem to have “gone” yet but his purr has returned.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon everyone. :+)

Part of the dishwasher cycle is to check its not flooding the kitchen but it didnt work on our last one. :+D

Our hospital refuses for nearly all cases. I had it. That was the time they let me loose before I was recovered and I got lost and was raving- doolally-smashed! :+blush:

I am sure they are blaming you behind your back. ;-+)

Ungrateful cow!
    Evening Honey.:+))))))))))))))))

Unfortunately checking the kitchen isn't part of the cycle.
    One part of the cycle opens a solenoid vale to let water into the drum but it's most probably controlled by a water level sensor, but if it is faulty then it will leave the water valve open waiting for a signal to step on which would close the valve.
    Forum Member
    Evening Honey.:+))))))))))))))))

Unfortunately checking the kitchen isn't part of the cycle.
    One part of the cycle opens a solenoid vale to let water into the drum but it's most probably controlled by a water level sensor, but if it is faulty then it will leave the water valve open waiting for a signal to step on which would close the valve.
    Yes. Like I said. :p
    Forum Member
    Yes. Like I said. :+p
    On the programs i designed i had to allow for each step to have a time limit, it would check that water was flowing into the drum then set a timer which would run while the water was on, when the time ran out which had been allowed to fill to the required level and to see the level sensor then it would set a fault signal which would stop it's cycle and set a fault flag which would indicate sensor fault, it could have 2 level switches which of course would indicate without a timer that the high level had been reached without seeing the normal water level.
  • storminmikestorminmike Posts: 46,928
    Forum Member
    A Stormin ramble

twas cowd reet down tut toes and feet
    a frost had formed on plates of meat
    a chatterin clatterin jaws did meet
    imbibe some whiskey nice a neat

respite duve'd along with logs
    burns quicker than that peat from't bogs
    best also chuck away them cloggs
    replace with slippers shaped like frogs

It just might be and old age phase
    perhaps the lack of double glaze
    I hear there's grants about these days
    Saves me the need to money raise

A roarin fire may seem old hat
    as smokeless zones put paid to that
    You canna beat a fireside chat
    reet up tut front where kitty sat

best fire up the central heating
    hubby watches gauge keeps bleating
    no that he complains while eating
    remote in hand in favourite seating

never mind the spring is here
    damn that gas was very dear
    warm summer nights and pint of beer
    lets raise a glass and give cheer
    Forum Member
    On the programs i designed i had to allow for each step to have a time limit, it would check that water was flowing into the drum then set a timer which would run while the water was on, when the time ran out which had been allowed to fill to the required level and to see the level sensor then it would set a fault signal which would stop it's cycle and set a fault flag which would indicate sensor fault, it could have 2 level switches which of course would indicate without a timer that the high level had been reached without seeing the normal water level.
    You designed dishwasher programmes? :confused: Well, if it was you who invented the crap Bosch auto programme that we are all suffering at the moment I am getting straight on the ferry to go and give you a thick ear! :p
    A Stormin ramble

twas cowd reet down tut toes and feet
    a frost had formed on plates of meat
    a chatterin clatterin jaws did meet
    imbibe some whiskey nice a neat

respite duve'd along with logs
    burns quicker than that peat from't bogs
    best also chuck away them cloggs
    replace with slippers shaped like frogs

It just might be and old age phase
    perhaps the lack of double glaze
    I hear there's grants about these days
    Saves me the need to money raise

A roarin fire may seem old hat
    as smokeless zones put paid to that
    You canna beat a fireside chat
    reet up tut front where kitty sat

best fire up the central heating
    hubby watches gauge keeps bleating
    no that he complains while eating
    remote in hand in favourite seating

never mind the spring is here
    damn that gas was very dear
    warm summer nights and pint of beer
    lets raise a glass and give cheer

Hello Mike. :) I didn't see you in the sewer show. :( I must have been in the garden watching Nobby wee.
    Forum Member
    You designed dishwasher programmes? :confused: Well, if it was you who invented the crap Bosch auto programme that we are all suffering at the moment I am getting straight on the ferry to go and give you a thick ear! :p

Hello Mike. :) I didn't see you in the sewer show. :( I must have been in the garden watching Nobby wee.

Ha Ha

I work on the clean water side;-) office based these days but I did used to do mains repairs, connections and leakage detection

The show atm is mostly waste based....but as you'd guess there's waaaaay more to UU than that
    Forum Member
    You designed dishwasher programmes? :+confused: Well, if it was you who invented the crap Bosch auto programme that we are all suffering at the moment I am getting straight on the ferry to go and give you a thick ear! :+p

I didn't design your dishwasher program, i just used to design programs for automated equipment, it didn't really matter what the machine was the principle is the same.
    We used to work on the principle that for every step the machine is in it had a list of things that could cause that step to not complete and whatever was the cause of that was displayed on a screen so the operated knew what step it was in and what needed to happen for the step to finish.
    Forum Member
    I didn't design your dishwasher program, i just used to design programs for automated equipment, it didn't really matter what the machine was the principle is the same.
    We used to work on the principle that for every step the machine is in it had a list of things that could cause that step to not complete and whatever was the cause of that was displayed on a screen so the operated knew what step it was in and what needed to happen for the step to finish.

I guess you use Turbidity monitors to figure out if the water is clean? Where
    do you get them from....if you know?
    Forum Member
    Ha Ha

I work on the clean water side;-) office based these days but I did used to do mains repairs, connections and leakage detection

The show atm is mostly waste based....but as you'd guess there's waaaaay more to UU than that
    I am sure there is. :D I found it all very interesting. I wish they would do a show about what goes on in the docks, because you cant see in, and its all a mystery.
    Algorithms? :confused:
    Forum Member

I wonder if the dishwasher uses something like a turbothingy? It checks the clarity of the water and depending how dirty it is does either a short or long or cool or hot programme.
    Trouble is, it cant "see" that you might have loads of cleanish plates and a burned pan.
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the dishwasher uses something like a turbothingy? It checks the clarity of the water and depending how dirty it is does either a short or long or cool or hot programme.
    Trouble is, it cant "see" that you might have loads of cleanish plates and a burned pan.

I always thought that dishwashers and washing machines used such things like you say to measure the clarity of the water leaving the machine. They're (turbidity monitors) not to the standard we use in the water industry of course...but there again you don't drink washing machine water:D
    Forum Member
    Evening Mike,:+)))))))))))))))

Most domestic machines wouldn't be concerned how clean the water was, it changes the water for different cycles i assume.
    It is concerned if water is at the correct level or has been drained as part of it's step in the cycle.
    I also used to design programs for big machines that washed engines after they had been cast & bored out as all the swarf had to be removed as it moved through different sections on the big machine.
    Mind you that was many years ago.
    Forum Member
    Evening Mike,:+)))))))))))))))

Most domestic machines wouldn't be concerned how clean the water was, it changes the water for different cycles i assume.
    It is concerned if water is at the correct level or has been drained as part of it's step in the cycle.
    I also used to design programs for big machines that washed engines after they had been cast & bored out as all the swarf had to be removed as it moved through different sections on the big machine.
    Mind you that was many years ago.

I used to work in Engineering so I know what you mean. The cutting lubricant can be quite nasty in some cases. I know one lad who used to work a lathe and washed his hands in it.....dermatitis city:o
    Forum Member
    I used to work in Engineering so I know what you mean. The cutting lubricant can be quite nasty in some cases. I know one lad who used to work a lathe and washed his hands in it.....dermatitis city:+o
    I got dermatitis while working at Lucas in Birmingham in 1958, i was getting washed in the factory before going to my digs and was using the bars of hand soap on my face.
    Forum Member
    I got dermatitis while working at Lucas in Birmingham in 1958, i was getting washed in the factory before going to my digs and was using the bars of hand soap on my face.

Isn't it more likely to be the stuff you were washing off that was the problem?
    Forum Member

Ungrateful cow!

Archie is much better thanks, he's been collected this afternoon and taken home.

They probably are blaming us for the blockage, having counted the number of bottoms in our house!!

Sorry about your brolly - hilarious for an onlooker though:D

Hope you're OK Moots, and that they didn't quibble about sedation. I can't imagine why anyone would wish to do these procedures on people who are fully aware of what's going on:confused:
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Maybe they do, but I’m not sure. Elmo doesn’t seem to have “gone” yet but his purr has returned.

Fingers crossed Gemo!

I don't know what dishwashers are supposed to do but I know that mine sometimes doesn't rinse well. There are tiny bits of sediment stuff on the contents which get baked on by the heat in the machine - I imagine.

I'm certain that the fact that the sinks were blocked - or at least slow to drain - but there was nothing in the u-bend - means that the blockage in the pipes outside was causing dirty-ish water to recirculate. Anyway, it's fine now, all my dishes are clean and sparkly (I may have strayed into a TV ad now)
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :D
This discussion has been closed.