My Kitchen Rules - Sky Living - Thursdays

GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else been watching this? I am quite enjoying it so far. Only problem is I am pretty sure the intro gives away who doesn't get through the first round by the lack of appearance in later rounds.

Love a bit of Jason Atherton too.

Comments

• MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe there hasn't been a thread on this already, it's been on for 3 weeks!
    Have been watching it since the beginning, quite enjoy the format and the number of knobs on it LOL, but think there are a few fundamental flaws with the programme.
    It's selling itself as trying to find the best home cooks in the UK however the voting is totally tactical by the other contestants and also don't agree with the judges giving their verdicts first as this also influences the others.
    Apart from that have found it to be fun & entertaining and laugh-out-loud funny at times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) I like it too. Most of them are so good natured. Agree about judges tasting first. Don't the others' food get cold?

Hoping against hope that Philip falls flat on his arse!! :p Pompous idiot.
    Still the others have him sussed.
  • shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I logged on just to see what others think of this show, and of Phillip. It has been a very long time since there has been somebody who makes me stop watching a show I otherwise enjoy. So far I cope by just either muting him or, hit the ff button every time I see him. However I am not sure I can keep doing this as I am missing so much of the show (especially as he seems to be a camera hog as well as an opinionated, classist, pompous git).
    Anyone else have an opinion? on either the show or Phillip (or any other participant)everyone else imo seems to be likeable (or forgettable maybe lol) and like I said, I think the show as a whole seems like it could be entertaining, if only....
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Philip and Emma are a tad... ok... VERY annoying. I really hope they don't win the whole thing and hope they aren't as good as they say they are. Hopefully some of their comments will come back to bite them on the arse.

I agree with thoughts about the judges verdicts. They should be done in secret or after the other contestants have said what they think.

I really like the Irish girls and the girls from Liverpool that have both already cooked. Lasts nights, while I like the guys the cooking was just a car crash from the start.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I despise Phillip. I cannot abide people like him. The way he goes on you would think he was a Michelin starred chef. I know this is a horrible thing to say but I hope he has a disaster on his night.

As for last night, I have no idea what Duncan and Stuart were thinking. Their Afro-Saxon fusion sounded strange and was clearly not the best. I can still hear Lorraine munching on those oat cakes in my sleep
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »

Hoping against hope that Philip falls flat on his arse!! :p Pompous idiot.
    Still the others have him sussed.

Tonight is the night. I am praying that their night is a complete and utter disaster
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Ha ha! I feel the same about Philip. Odious little man. Looking forward to tonight's show. Let's hope it all goes pear-shaped.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had no idea this was starting - has it been publicised at all?!?
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    LOVE this show. I have seen series one of the Australian format and was completely addicted.
    The UK version is just as good IMO, good judges, good character selection, few underdogs, pantomime bad guy that we all hope will fail. Really looking forward to tonight's show to see how Philip does, I think it is his turn to host tonight?
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I really like the Irish girls and the girls from Liverpool that have both already cooked. Lasts nights, while I like the guys the cooking was just a car crash from the start.

These are my two favourite sets of cooks too, so far...........
    Forum Member
    rumtruffle wrote: »
    I had no idea this was starting - has it been publicised at all?!?

They didn't do a very good job of it! I only stumbled across it by chance, halfway through the first show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just watching now - on to them cooking the mains. Emma seems to be doing everything I don't think I have seen Philip cook a thing yet. I saw him chopping a shallot, that was it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Phillip likes to criticise other people's cooking and yet when it comes to his and Emma's night he does as little cooking as possible

Loved it when Lorraine picked him up on his champagne faux pas. It's a shame they did so well but hopefully in the next round Phillip will actually have to do more of the cooking which will hopefully be their downfall
    Forum Member
    I must say that they (or rather Emma) did a great job. All three courses looked delicious.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was another thread somewhere.

As I said on that one although I enjoy the show the suspense of the early rounds has been totally ruined by the "preview" part at the start. In the upcoming bit only one couple is not shown in the studio kitchen..... (As the op states at the start of this thread) really bad editing choice from the producer.
    Forum Member
    I actually don't mind Philip, he set himself up terribly with all the criticism in the earlier rounds, and at the start I thought he was such a plonker, but now I see it as pantomine, and in fairness to them, their night was great. The room looked stunning, lovely touches.
    I find the chubby guys who had a disastrous night the most annoying, they are SO bitter and can't see beyond that.
    They sound so petty each week with their ridiculous criticisms, at least Philips criticisms though harsh, were fair.
    Agreed though, he did not do much cooking and that will probably come back to bite them in the later stages, all he did was the panna cotta and mash (which was awful)
    The Champagne bluff was hysterical, he looked like a right berk. :D Even I know, it's only called Champagne if it's from the Champagne region!!
    I don't watch the intro since someone pointed out that it gives away the later stages, what a silly faux pas by the production company.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    I actually don't mind Philip, he set himself up terribly with all the criticism in the earlier rounds, and at the start I thought he was such a plonker, but now I see it as pantomine, and in fairness to them, their night was great. The room looked stunning, lovely touches.
    I find the chubby guys who had a disastrous night the most annoying, they are SO bitter and can't see beyond that.
    They sound so petty each week with their ridiculous criticisms, at least Philips criticisms though harsh, were fair.
    Agreed though, he did not do much cooking and that will probably come back to bite them in the later stages, all he did was the panna cotta and mash (which was awful)
    The Champagne bluff was hysterical, he looked like a right berk. :D Even I know, it's only called Champagne if it's from the Champagne region!!
    I don't watch the intro since someone pointed out that it gives away the later stages, what a silly faux pas by the production company.

I agree about the builders, their night was terrible and they are incredibly bitter and pick fault with the most ludicrous things. I think they marked the northern girls low when Phil and Emma were fair with the mark.
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    I agree about the builders, their night was terrible and they are incredibly bitter and pick fault with the most ludicrous things. I think they marked the northern girls low when Phil and Emma were fair with the mark.

You're right and I think they have given the lowest marks every week since their night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree too about the biilders. You can sort of see why they would mark people down if they were at the bottom of the leaderboard but now they arent they could at least be fair.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    There was another thread somewhere.

As I said on that one although I enjoy the show the suspense of the early rounds has been totally ruined by the "preview" part at the start. In the upcoming bit only one couple is not shown in the studio kitchen..... (As the op states at the start of this thread) really bad editing choice from the producer.

Haha yes I started a thread a few weeks back which wasn't very popular so I assumed no one was watching, but glad its popular now!

Love this show so far but as mentioned you can tell who is eliminated in the intro but otherwise liking the judges and contestants and loving to hate the hairdresser and client (panto villain)
  • swansea steveswansea steve Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my wife watch this show avidly. Phillip is an idiot but fair play, their night was the best of all so far. Danny and Kev (aren't they firemen not builders?) are just making themselves look ridiculous with their comments and low scores.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Warming to Phil to...and him and Emma did put on a great Dinner - Frozen Balls:o - It's Dan & Kev that are a Pain.

Loving the Liverpool Girls Steph & Gabi.:cool:
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Is anyone still watching? I actually think this is one of the best TV cooking shows

Although after last week where the pair who are probably the blandest cooks won and a good pair were eliminated

I'm cheering for the Liverpool sisters!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Is anyone still watching? I actually think this is one of the best TV cooking shows

Although after last week where the pair who are probably the blandest cooks won and a good pair were eliminated

I'm cheering for the Liverpool sisters!
    Record this on the Saturday repeat...so always late.

Amazed Danny & Kev are doing well, how the chicken didn't burn:o - I like how the others watch - but Phillip & Emma getting a bye this week, doesn't seem right to me.

Pleased Steph & Gabi got through, I preferred there Hash Breakfast, to all the Pancakes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really enjoying this show. It's a shame Channel 4 didn't make this rather than the hopeless 'The Taste' as this show deserves more recognition

Hopefully this week we finally get to see how good Phillip is in a kitchen. I would be amazed if he is any good after he did nothing at all in the first round