The last LAUGH OUT LOUD british tv show you watched ?

Mr StokesMr Stokes Posts: 197
Forum Member
I mean the sort of laughter that your neighbours could literally hear you through the walls as you held your sides. Much of tv output these days is dire that would barely raise a smile let alone a laugh , for example:

a flop like me & mrs jones
outnumbered
my family

My wife and kids weekly laugh out loud feast is gogglebox and those three can be heard all over the house with their laughing at it. Ill suggest two shows that the entire series of have reduced me to a quivering wreck after fits of laughter.

The I.T Crowd ......( the works outing is a must see ) and there is not a trace of filler or padding in any of the shows regardless of series.

Extras , Gervais & Merchant penned a two series masterclass here with the Sir Ian McKellen episode being stupendously funny and another must see.

What british shows would you offer as being laugh out loud standard and please remember humour is due to taste and one mans gold is anothers garbage so some may disagree with what is posted.

Comments

• ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last "laugh out loud" for me was Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would I Lie to You?

regular laugh out loud moments...........particularly when Lee is teasing David about being posh..........but lots of others as well
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last ones were , Have I got news for you and Goggle box . But I agree re Extras , I can watch them again and again and still make us laugh out loud , my favourite was the Baftas one .
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's Still Game. I don't think there's anything else apart from Only Fools And Horses that's made me laugh so much! Something funny about old folk swearing:D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    House Of Fools
  • Forget-me-notForget-me-not Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched 'the wronged mans' yesterday and that had me laughing out loud quite a bit, really enjoyed it.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Wright Way
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally caught up with W1A today, the scene where Ian searches for an empty meeting room and opens a door to find Salman Rushdie and Alan Yentob arm wrestling had me bellowing with laughter.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't really think of many modern British comedy I've watched, although I'm sure there are some I have missed.

I love the old British comedies like Bottom, Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf, Only Fools and Horses and Game On. They still make me proper laugh out loud.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewart Lee and before that Toast of London.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only comedies I laugh at these days are the repeats on Gold and Drama - Blackadder, Birds of a Feather, Fawlty Towers, The Two Ronnies, and early Outnumbered and My Family. But not Only Fools... for some reason.

The only contemporary comedy I laugh at is Mrs Brown's Boys. Though I enjoy Extras ( I watch the repeats, even though I have the box set) I don't find it laugh-out-loud funny.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,933
    Forum Member
    I've just been watching a few episodes of series 4 of Whose Line is it Anyway on YouTube and it's made me laugh out loud more times than anything I've seen on tv for ages! I can't believe only the first two series are available on dvd.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Miranda.
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    House Of Fools.
  • ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Benidorm - up to and including series 3
  • Mr StokesMr Stokes Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Miranda.

My wife and kids howl with laughter over this one. To me its either Miranda falling over or looking into the camera with a puzzled expression and I don't find it remotely funny. My wife and kids are all female and im obviously a bloke, wonder if Miranda suits a female audience more than a male one.
  • Mr StokesMr Stokes Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    8 out of 10 cats do countdown isn't bad, I could watch Rachel Riley all night but aside from her there are some really seriously funny bits in this show which make a dirge of a show like ordinary countdown into an entertaining watch.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »

and House of Fools forgot that :o
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Stokes wrote: »
    My wife and kids howl with laughter over this one. To me its either Miranda falling over or looking into the camera with a puzzled expression and I don't find it remotely funny. My wife and kids are all female and im obviously a bloke, wonder if Miranda suits a female audience more than a male one.

nope, Im female and find Miranda the unfunniest most irritating woman ever!
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Sorry for this one being ridiculously old, but I've just watched the first Fawlty Towers episode, yet again.
    No matter how many times I see it, the moment Basil realises he's been conned 'Hello Lord Melbury...YOU BASTARD!!!!' still has me giggling like a helpless child.
  • Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fawlty Towers.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benidorm and Bottom
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not Going Out. Maybe not as good as it used to be (esp since Tim Vine left) but it still has more laughs per episode than any other comedy.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »

Toast of London was going to be my answer !
    I just happened to find it last night on 4oD last night. Still don't know why I watched it, but a couple of bits did make me laugh out loud. Thought I'd be in a minority of one with that answer. :)
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last time I laughed till it hurt was when Mr Blobby was on Channel 4's quiz of the year and he destroyed the set - don't know why but it got to me and I just howled with laughter