Supergirl

MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
Forum Member
It looks like they are planning a new Supergirl film with Mischa Barton rumoured to be playing Supergirl herself. Supergirl has already had a film version back in 1984 with Helen Slater playing playing Supergirl back then. It seems that Warner Bros are planning to use the hype from this summers Superman Returns to release this new version of Supergirl. I love my comic book films but I think this is taking it a bit to far!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original Supergirl wasn't a big hit though was it? Wonder why they think it'll be better this time around.

Mischa Barton? She's way too insipid to be thought of a 'super' anything.
  • superman775superman775 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they dont even have the 1984 super girl on dvd. which is a shame .
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    The original Supergirl is being released on DVD and it will be released around the same time as the 14 DVD Superman collection which includes both the extended cut of Superman (the one on DVD now) and the original shorter theatrical version as well. Also it will include both the Superman II theatrical cut and the "Donner cut" both in the box or available seperate. Supergirl is expected to released on DVD before the end of the year!
  • ready2watchready2watch Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purity wrote:
    The original Supergirl wasn't a big hit though was it? Wonder why they think it'll be better this time around.

Mischa Barton? She's way too insipid to be thought of a 'super' anything.

The reason why they think it be better this time is because they have more computers which means better special effetcs, they can even do it in 3D now if they wanted to, thats why they are doing it again and then same for superman returns.
  • nirvanarhodesnirvanarhodes Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mischa Barton - my ar$e ... she is not super in anyway at all, can barely act, far too skinny, never looks happy.

id say Scarlett, Hilary Duff or even Lindsy Lohan fit the image better.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    they dont even have the 1984 super girl on dvd. which is a shame .
    I've had it for years! On region 1 though.

I love it it's so camp! And the music is great.

It has one of my favourite movie mistakes in it. When she's looking through the classroom wall, the wall stays static, but the footage of the car she's watching outside pans across.
  • the_charmed_onethe_charmed_one Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the 1984 and some things in it always bugged me though:

- Why was Argo (sp?) City under the water? I know it was meant to be in Inner Space but why under the water.

- Why did Lucy Lane not notice Kara was Linda Lee at the end, I know she didn't have her brown wig and school unform on but you could kinda tell it was her by her face.

- Why did Selena live in a ghost train?

- Was Zaltar really drinking his own piss in the Phantom Zone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wanna get it on dvd soon as it comes out dont care how much just want it at any price.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just googled for an image of Helen Slater as Supergirl, and very nice she is (was?) too.

http://www.comicbookhotties.com/images/helen-slater/large/helen-slater-13.jpg

Mind you, I think I prefer Phoebe Buffey's version of Supergirl, from "The One With The Haloween Party"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wanna get it on dvd soon as it comes out dont care how much just want it at any price.

Are you serious? It was on TV about a year ago. I remember because it made me cringe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mischa Barton is a bad choice for Super Girl. She's hardly got a physqiue for a super hero!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote:
    I've had it for years! On region 1 though.

I love it it's so camp! And the music is great.

It has one of my favourite movie mistakes in it. When she's looking through the classroom wall, the wall stays static, but the footage of the car she's watching outside pans across.

where did you get the super girl dvd from?
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    You should be able to get it from most websites that sell Region 1 DVD!
    Moviehole.net had this bit of news about the new Supergirl film:

"Mischa Barton’s name may have come up for the part of “Supergirl” – but it’s merely one of many folks. A source at the brothers Warner tells us that not only does a script not exist for such a film yet, but also they haven’t even decided whether they’re doing one. Apparently Barton’s just ‘keeping in good’ with the studio, having given ‘good meeting’ on another DC project, “Wonder Woman”. It’s no secret that she wants off “The OC” – and I guess she thinks the way to do it is to do a superhero film."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mischa Barton’s is good looking.
  • nirvanarhodesnirvanarhodes Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

she is average at best, acting is pants, and no way looks like a Supergirl or Wonder Women, far too thin!
    Forum Member
    where did you get the super girl dvd from?
    DVDboxoffice I think. I wish they'd stop sending me spam now though :mad:

Mine was the 2 disc version.

Seems to be deleted everywhere now, though it can be bought used on amazon.ca for about £40.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they want an actress who physically looks like Supergirl then they should opt for Jessica Simpson. However I can't stand her. Mischa Barton is beautiful but too willowy and skinny.

They should leave the original alone, it was one of my faves as a kid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    holly valance she is all sexy she would look good as supergirl lol.

i feel for this supergirl to be a smash hit we need a great story something new fresh and also someone who is sexy. we also need someone that can act well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got the supergirl dvd from e bay cost only £5 plus £1.90

which is way way better then paying £40.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPERGIRL-DVD-REGION-2-RARE_W0QQitemZ9109137195QQcategoryZ2292QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, but she also looks like a twig. Supergirl needs to look like she could kick ass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know what you mean. i was dead happy when superman 3 and 4 came out as a box set i got it soon as it came out from play.com.
    Forum Member
    i got the supergirl dvd from e bay cost only £5 plus £1.90

which is way way better then paying £40.

http://cgi.ebay.co.xx/SUPERGIRL-DVD-REGION-2-RARE_W0QQitemZ9109137195QQcategoryZ2292QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    That must be a copy, it's never been released outside USA/Canada (and nearly all the negative feedback about that ebayer is about fake copies).
  • the_charmed_onethe_charmed_one Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where the limited edition can be bought? I want it so badly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote:
    That must be a copy, it's never been released outside USA/Canada (and nearly all the negative feedback about that ebayer is about fake copies).

i guess i will have to wait and see i will let you all know soon as i get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got it on dvd today its a copy but its got menus and all the other things as it should do. its also plays just as good as a orginal dvd would.