The Jonathan Creek Thread!

Comments

• RafielRafiel Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Keefy-boy wrote:
    I am firmly in the Maddy camp!

I wonder though, why they put Maddy and Jonathan in bed together, it kind of pushed the characters into a cul-de-sac that they shouldn't have gone down. Anyone agree?

I sort of agree, although there were some funny bits like when Jonathan had that heart monitor strapped to his chest when they were in bed together, and the bit when Maddy had all that chocolate hidden under the pillow.

I liked Maddy because she was brilliantly funny and kind of amoral in the sense that she would do or say anything to get her own way (in a nice way of course).

I liked Carla because she was so vain and a bit neurotic - it was so easy for Jonathan to wind her up.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Klaus was a fantastic character too...i found it funny on Ghost's Forge when he went into the flower shop and said what he wanted to put on the card but he ended up meaning all the stuff he was saying to her! :D

Adam went to her house and seen a pair of false teeth by the side of the bed thinking it was hers..he slowly grabbed his jacket off the bed and left! :D It was a classic moment and Adam Klaus was a fantastic character.

Wasn't there a different actor who played Adam Klaus in Series 1 though? I'm trying to figure out who the actor was..
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there a different actor who played Adam Klaus in Series 1 though? I'm trying to figure out who the actor was..
    Anthony Head
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote:
    Anthony Head

That's the one! Thanks. :) And then he left just after 1 series and was replaced by that other actor (forgot his name too. :D ) Anyway i preferred the Adam Klaus of Series 2 onwards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the one! Thanks. :) And then he left just after 1 series and was replaced by that other actor (forgot his name too. :D ) Anyway i preferred the Adam Klaus of Series 2 onwards.

Stuart Milligan :)
    Forum Member

Correct me if I'm wrong davey, but wasn't Anthony Head just in one episode - the pilot - The Wrestler's Tomb?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart Milligan :)

Thanks again lol, can never remember names! :D

You could be right Rafiel..i just know that he was in Series 1 at one point, i must have to rewatch my dvds (haven't watched them in a while) to check up on that too.
    Forum Member
    Thanks again lol, can never remember names! :D

You could be right Rafiel..i just know that he was in Series 1 at one point, i must have to rewatch my dvds (haven't watched them in a while) to check up on that too.

You might be away for some time then!

I feel as though I should put on a duffle coat and curl my hair when I'm on this thread! Remember the episode where there were all those Jonathan lookalikes? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafiel wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong davey, but wasn't Anthony Head just in one episode - the pilot - The Wrestler's Tomb?

ASH was indeed only in one episode (the pilot), but IIRC Stuart Milligan only started in s2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafiel wrote:
    You might be away for some time then!

I feel as though I should put on a duffle coat and curl my hair when I'm on this thread! Remember the episode where there were all those Jonathan lookalikes? :p

Lol! That was so funny. That was a Series 3 episode too, i felt like being part of that Jonathan obsession/lookalike club! :D I look nothing like Jonathan Creek, but i did love his image, and would dress up to be part of his fan club! :D

I will still hang around and chat in this thread though even when i am rewatching the dvds, hopefully we will build up a Jonathan Creek fan thread so we can discuss such a wonderful, successful BBC1 show. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello! Anyone been watching any JC lately? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello! Anyone been watching any JC lately? :)

No, but I'm about to put one on...shall be starting from the beginning again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but I'm about to put one on...shall be starting from the beginning again!

Oooh good good! I am going to start going through all the dvds again, probably start on the weekend. :D

Do you mind if you give a quick review of the episode after you've finished watching? Just to keep the thread going, and i like reading other people's opinions. :)
    Forum Member
    Oooh good good! I am going to start going through all the dvds again, probably start on the weekend. :D

Do you mind if you give a quick review of the episode after you've finished watching? Just to keep the thread going, and i like reading other people's opinions. :)

I second that - that's a great idea! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has Rafiel- a fellow JC addict been banned! :eek:
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved JC! A brilliant programme! And i'm definitely in the Quentin camp, although Julia was good too.

Some favourite episodes are:

Jack in the Box - although the dead body in the wall gave me nightmares for weeks (i was 7 at the time!)
    Danse Macabre
    Mother Redcap
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revenga wrote:
    I loved JC! A brilliant programme! And i'm definitely in the Quentin camp, although Julia was good too.

Some favourite episodes are:

Jack in the Box - although the dead body in the wall gave me nightmares for weeks (i was 7 at the time!)
    Danse Macabre
    Mother Redcap

Hello Revenga. :) I loved all those episodes too, in fact i loved all the episodes of JC apart from the odd few in Series 4.

I can't believe you watched Jack In The Box when you were 7! :eek: I'm not surprised that you had nightmares!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't get to watch one in the end, but I will get the chance tonight so shall review then!
    I love reading other people's opinions too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't get to watch one in the end, but I will get the chance tonight so shall review then!
    I love reading other people's opinions too!

Cool, that'll be great! I think i may start rewatching tonight too, and will probably post a review tonight or tomorrow.
  • michaelvaughnmichaelvaughn Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    And dont forget there's a superb book about the making of the show with lots of behind the scenes stuff too.

It was released before season 3 so its a bit out of date but it seems to be the only one
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    And dont forget there's a superb book about the making of the show with lots of behind the scenes stuff too.

It was released before season 3 so its a bit out of date but it seems to be the only one

Ah yes, the book was good. Does anyone know the answer to the Riddle at Castle Cain? (the mystery in the book) It claims the answer is at the back but I've never been able to find it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh is there a JC book too? I never realised that, i must purchase it when i have a bit of money in my pocket.

What is the book about? The making of the series?
  • Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my fav episodes was Time Waits for Norman - the bloke who seemed to be in America and England at the same time. Also the Xmas special with Hannah Gordon was great.
    I was a definite Maddy fan, Julia's character just grated and by then the quality of the shows wasnt on par with the first 2 series, got a bit too silly IMO.
    I also actually preferred Anthony Head as Adam Klaus, again Stuart Milligan just brought a silliness to the role.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time Waits For Norman was another brilliant episode too. I have to agree with you about Julia, but i thought Stuart Milligan was better at being Adam Klaus than Anthony Head.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched The Wrestler's Tomb last night and Jack In The Box today. Two fantastic episodes!

I loved the way Maddy and Jonathan met in The Wrestler's Tomb, Jonathan poking Maddy with a cocktail stick. :D The mystery was a fantastic one too, i remember when i first watched the episode, i was very intrigued by the mystery.

Jack In The Box- another great episode and another great mystery. Loved the scenes with Maddy and Jonathan, "why don't we have a drive in the country to get rid of the carbon monoxide?" :D And when Maddy left her keys to her car on the rock on the cliff was very funny. :D