Does this series of X Factor NEED Tamera Foster to win ?

124»

Comments

• BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly think Sam B would be the most successful act from this series
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

I like him even more now.

The silly mare. I'd be too ashamed to admit to doing it instead of telling him where do one and taking myself home.

He stopped midway to watch Big Brother...what midway through the kissing or midway through the sex? These are the real pressing questions.

Her hair extenstions are awful though...I hope she bought some new ones.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    there are far more fundamental problems with the show than who might win it or what success they might have afterwards

even tho past winners , james Arthur is unproven as yet, have not had sustained success there have been enough acts coming out of the show enjoying success to justify that aspect of it

the issues it has as a TV show at this point in time are not gonna go away regardless of who wins it imo
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you buy her album if she releases one. So sick of these people who rave on about Sam B, she's just cannon fodder. An over with the big voice, but outside of the show she wouldn't have a place in the market.

I don't care if you can't stand Tamera, a lot of others couldn't stand Cher Lloyd yet she's done really well for herself. Where is Mary Byrne that you people all loved? No where. :yawn:

What's with the attitude? :confused:

Grow up and realize that people are allowed to hold different views to you, instead of getting arsey with them for it. Being "sick" of people for holding a certain opinion is beyond juvenile.

Don't like it? Don't join a bloody discussion forum then.

:yawn: yourself.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Grow up and realize that people are allowed to hold different views to you, instead of getting arsey with them for it. Being "sick" of people for holding a certain opinion is beyond juvenile.

Bravo. Where is the applause smiley when you need it?
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Bravo. Where is the applause smiley when you need it?

I think that Sam B may be heading back to the high seas sooner than people think. She is a decent enough singer but no more that what we have seen before. Jane McDonald springs to mind.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I *heart* you for this post Eve.

Also, as a viewer I couldn't care less whether the winner sells records or not. I know it's all a load of blarney and has been for years. Most winners don't sell records, most contestants are not global superstars and most viewers don't give a monkey's.

It wouldn't matter if Wagner rose from the grave and won it with zombie magic. People will still tune in next year because the auditions are always a bit of a laugh and there's not much else on.

I agree with most of this. Until I deliberately chose to watch XF, three yearss ago, the show's alumni barely impinged on my consciousness - I'd never heard of any bar, possibly, Liona Lewis. I watch it now cos it's a bit of singing and dancing on the telly and I got old and turned into a monk. However, I do think that having some talent on the show is important to draw viewers year-on-year and for the talented to take part there has to be the expectation of getting a music career out of the deal. So in a way I agree with the OP, Tamera does need to win or Luke needs to win and become the new pop messiah.
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What attitude? It's cold hard facts. :yawn:

Sam Bailey isn't marketable what's the lie in that? Don't tell me what to do. No one told you to read my posts, if you don't like them ignore then. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=jerefprdterra;69510676]I think that Sam B may be heading back to the high seas sooner than people think. She is a decent enough singer but no more that what we have seen before. Jane McDonald springs to mind.[/QUOTE]

Agreed completely! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What attitude? It's cold hard facts. :yawn:

Sam Bailey isn't marketable what's the lie in that? Don't tell me what to do. No one told you to read my posts, if you don't like them ignore then. :rolleyes:

You posted on a public forum, presumably with the hope that people will read your posts. And people won't know they don't like your posts until they read them, so we do have to take you on faith. If we do disagree with you it is then possible that one or two of us will respond, taking up a contrary position to yours. This is what discussion boards are all about. I think you might have been looking for an echo chamber. I would suggest that if your ego is so fragile that this prospect frightens you you should stop posting rather attempt to forbid people arguing with you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You posted on a public forum, presumably with the hope that people will read your posts. And people won't know they don't like your posts until they read them, so we do have to take you on faith. If we do disagree with you it is then possible that one or two of us will respond, taking up a contrary position to yours. This is what discussion boards are all about. I think you might have been looking for an echo chamber. I would suggest that if your ego is so fragile that this prospect frightens you you should stop posting rather attempt to forbid people arguing with you.

I don't care if others disagree with me at all. :)

I haven';t got a fragile ego. :)

It's just that poster trying to tell me what to do, which annoyed me.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    I think that Sam B may be heading back to the high seas sooner than people think. She is a decent enough singer but no more that what we have seen before. Jane McDonald springs to mind.

Not quite sure what this has to do with my comment. :confused: Not a particular fan of Sam B so have no real interest as to whether she stays or goes. My response was to agree with the poster about that poster who seems to need to talk down to anyone who dare disagree with them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Not quite sure what this has to do with my comment. :confused: Not a particular fan of Sam B so have no real interest as to whether she stays or goes. My response was to agree with the poster about that poster who seems to need to talk down to anyone who dare disagree with them

And that poster was agreeing with my comment about Sam B. So it has a lot to do with your comment. :):)
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I *heart* you for this post Eve.

Also, as a viewer I couldn't care less whether the winner sells records or not. I know it's all a load of blarney and has been for years. Most winners don't sell records, most contestants are not global superstars and most viewers don't give a monkey's.

It wouldn't matter if Wagner rose from the grave and won it with zombie magic. People will still tune in next year because the auditions are always a bit of a laugh and there's not much else on.

This, and a thousand times this.

I like who I like within the context of the show. If I like them enough I may vote for them because I want them to do well (while simultaneously knowing I shouldn't be lining Cowell's pockets)

I'm not going to vote on who I think may be 'marketable' within Cowell's limited parameters.

None of the contestants are particularly likely to produce records that I want to buy. None.

I'm not going to vote on who I think may be 'marketable' within Cowell's limited parameters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    This, and a thousand times this.

I like who I like within the context of the show. If I like them enough I may vote for them because I want them to do well (while simultaneously knowing I shouldn't be lining Cowell's pockets)

None of the contestants are particularly likely to produce records that I want to buy. None.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Typical voter, you vote then don't support the act after the show ends. What's the point?

Might aswell don't vote at all. :sleep:

I'm sure you also voted for Steve Brookstein, Leon Jackson, Joe Mcleddery too? Because they were likeable although you knew they wouldn't sell in the real world/ :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is more entertaining than the show it's self. :p:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a ridiculous thing to say. Typical voter, you vote then don't support the act after the show ends. What's the point?

I'm sure you also voted for Steve Brookstein, Leon Jackson, Joe Mcleddery too? Because they were likeable although you knew they wouldn't sell in the real world/ :rolleyes:

It's a karaoke competition - no more. I can't see how I end up owing an act my financial support.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Whether you like her or not, Tamera is the only one with star quality this year. Nicholas may be a contender because he's young and cute whilst Sam bailey may also have a chance at winning BUT neither of those two are going to be stars. Tamera is the only one who could be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Convict wrote: »
    Whether you like her or not, Tamera is the only one with star quality this year. Nicholas may be a contender because he's young and cute whilst Sam bailey may also have a chance at winning BUT neither of those two are going to be stars. Tamera is the only one who could be.

Please understand that those of us who don't like cannot see her "star quality" - that's why we don't like her. We then get annoyed because it is clear the producers are going to do all they can to engineer her winning.

I don't deny that Sam has little chance of becoming a success, based on previous years, but that doesn't stop me thinking she has the best voice and would be deserving of a win if this were a singing contest.

I'm also quite curious as to why people choose to care so much. Are we all getting behind Team SyCo?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a karaoke competition - no more. I can't see how I end up owing an act my financial support.

I agree. I don't vote often but I do sometimes support an act in the context of a tv talent show. Pretty much as soon as the closing credits roll on thread final night, I've lost interest already. Never in million years could I see myself buying any musical output of about X-Files contestant
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Convict wrote: »

whether I agree with that or not I am not sure what it has to do with the question asked in this thread

the problems the show has are not going to magically disappear if she wins it or not
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I will support them if they release records I particularly like. I said it's unlikely they will. That's as much to do with Syco's unimaginative, short-term-gain approach to how they produce records with their winners as anything else. They're not exactly known for allowing an artist to develop.

I didn't watch the first series, so no I didn't vote for Steve Brookstein. I liked Leon, but not sure if I voted at all back then.

I didn't vote for Joe McElderry but, as I understand it, he continues to do quite well for himself. Wasn't the last album top ten?

If you want to vote for someone because you think they fit some sort of preconceived pop-star template, go right ahead. That's your perogative. But don't go thinking your reason for voting is any superior to anyone else's.