Options

Leigh Francis - Twitter

Comments

• Options
    WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    In that case, either don't use your real name, or the best thing would be not to Tweet famous people and if you get knocked back, moan about it on here. :D
    Musicians, actors & presenters have engaged in conversation with me on there without any problems. A Hollywood actor/director liked one of my tweets so much that he chose to make it a favourite of his. That was after I had jokingly mocked cast members in his films. It just seemed petty to me that some guy who’s quite happy to make fun of others on a panel show is miserable as sin in real life and reacts to banter like a schoolchild. I wasn’t rude, he was.
    Don’t get me wrong I’m a big fan of his older work. I wasn’t spiteful to him.
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteShade wrote: »
    Musicians, actors & presenters have engaged in conversation with me on there without any problems. A Hollywood actor/director liked one of my tweets so much that he chose to make it a favourite of his. That was after I had jokingly mocked cast members in his films. It just seemed petty to me that some guy who’s quite happy to make fun of others on a panel show is miserable as sin in real life and reacts to banter like a schoolchild. I wasn’t rude, he was.
    Don’t get me wrong I’m a big fan of his older work. I wasn’t spiteful to him.

There'll always be people who'll be offended by what you say on the internet, and I'll repeat - it's very difficult to tell a 'tone' of voice when it's written down, but your Tweet does seem - to me anyway - to have been a little rude and abrupt.

Like I said ^ you need to get over it now. It seems to be ruling your life.
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    No that's just it.. My Twitter name is my real name!
    Oh for goodness sake ! Will you never learn ? You just confirmed it is your real name ! Why would you do that ? All you had to do was laugh it off & say " Lucky it isn't my real name I suppose...." and drop the subject . It would die a natural death from lack of oxygen. But you just revived it by confirming that is IS indeed your real name.
    And people wonder why they get in difs online.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Digital Spy went to the trouble of removing the post detailing my real identity. The OP doesn’t seem to grasp the seriousness of the offence. I’m entitled to my anonymity just as much as the comedian is allowed the freedom to hide behind an outgoing character on a television show to disguise the fact he is actually shy in real life. I’m afraid the OP thought he’d make a name for himself at my expense without thinking about the personal trauma I’d have to go through. My family and friends read this forum and will most likely have put 2+2 together and worked out who my username is now. So I’ve more or less lost the ability to seek help on the advice forum.

Puzzled as to why he doesn't look into more cases of people saying harmless things about celebrities work and 'out' them too?

I'm confused. You are the OP?

Create yourself a new ID here if you need to seek top secret advice then don't allude to other stuff you've posted on the Internet using your real name while posting here with your new DS name.

I don't know why you're being such a drama queen. The original tweet was pretty dull in my opinion yet you seem keen to drag this out anyway. It wasn't worth this much attention. Lots of people don't post under their real name on twitter. You didn't have to admit you used your real name there. It was on here for less than 24 hours in any case. I'd be surprised if that many people are interested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimmychews wrote: »
    I'm confused. You are the OP?

Create yourself a new ID here if you need to seek top secret advice then don't allude to other stuff you've posted on the Internet using your real name while posting here with your new DS name.

I don't know why you're being such a drama queen. The original tweet was pretty dull in my opinion yet you seem keen to drag this out anyway. It wasn't worth this much attention. Lots of people don't post under their real name on twitter. You didn't have to admit you used your real name there. It was on here for less than 24 hours in any case. I'd be surprised if that many people are interested.

White Shade was indeed the OP. I don't think he knows what it means.

Agree with everything you say though. WS is just making himself look sillier with every post he makes. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and while I'm at it, you seemed pretty rude. You tweeted him and included @'s to his colleagues in the tweet telling him his character had been done to death. If someone tweeted me and copied in my colleagues telling me my work was rubbish (which IMO is what your tweet came across as to me) I'd be pretty pissed off too. But then I'm not a comedian so maybe I don't find all your tweets hilarious ;)
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol @ thread
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    White Shade was indeed the OP. I don't think he knows what it means.

Agree with everything you say though. WS is just making himself look sillier with every post he makes. :D

To be fair, it can either mean Original Poster or Original Post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    To be fair, it can either mean Original Poster or Original Post.

WS said
    I’m afraid the OP thought he’d make a name for himself at my expense without thinking about the personal trauma I’d have to go through

I think he was referring to the FM who posted WS's Tweet which was later taken off. :)

WS still needs to move on though.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    WS said

I think he was referring to the FM who posted WS's Tweet which was later taken off. :)

WS still needs to move on though.

Ah I see sorry - didn't see that bit!
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually finding the dancing around the actual content of the tweet quite entertaining :)

I'm finding the people in this thread trying to play Detective rather entertaining.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rowey wrote: »
    He hasn't blocked anyone for making a Polite tweet. The fact you didn't just post the direct tweet for us to see, means it was a nasty vindictive foul mouthed tweet. So you deserved to be blocked.

Does it?
    I'm actually finding the dancing around the actual content of the tweet quite entertaining :)

I'm finding the people in this thread trying to play Detective rather entertaining.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These threads are what make life worth living, slightly over-stating it maybe...

The thing is, the internet allows all sorts of things to be done to one another without any fear of personal consequences.

I think the OP did this to Leigh Francis, but then a person in this thread did something similar to the OP. Both crossed the line of acceptable behaviour.

So kind of ironic really for the OP, and the person in this thread. Both probably won't realise it though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely an apology is in order from the person who revealed my personal twitter account on here? DS wouldn't have deleted his post if it wasn't a big deal. For the record I was forced into owning up because it would of been wrong for someone else to get stick for what I said. Plus I firstly gave big clues to what I said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does it?

Yes. You said that already.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus I firstly gave big clues to what I said.

With the greatest of respect, "clues" will just get you all sorts of grief on an internet forum - it's just the nature of the beast. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if you'd have just posted the tweet when you first started then this thread would most likely be long dead now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely an apology is in order from the person who revealed my personal twitter account on here? DS wouldn't have deleted his post if it wasn't a big deal. For the record I was forced into owning up because it would of been wrong for someone else to get stick for what I said. Plus I firstly gave big clues to what I said.

You most certainly are NOT owed an apology. DUH!

Nor were you forced into anything.

Nor would "of" :rolleyes: anyone else got any stick over it . Because nobody cares enough .
    Celebs block chumps all the time. You are most likely only the 14,087th person to have posted what you think a clever comment (when in reality it is childish) to him & he just can't be arsed reading your witty exposés any more.

Build a bridge. Get over it.And move on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Can't believe I've wasted my time reading this thread (and of course no one made me!)
    The original poster is coming across as a whinge-bag. Your Twitter account was public, you start a thread on here bemoaning the fact a tweet from your account wasn't appreciated by Leigh Francis. I've not seen the tweet but I can assume from the subsequent posts, that it wasn't something that was nice.

The post mentioning your Twitter name was probably removed cos your wouldn't stop whining about it. Your choices are what brought you here:

A) you tweeted Leigh Francis.
    B) your Twitter account was public, therefore the tweet could have been found easily through Google or indeed, Twitter itself. You could have set your account on private.
    C) you started a thread on here moaning about being blocked for the tweet you send.

If you had done neither you wouldn't have found yourself in this position. Quite frankly, get over it.

Also, Leigh Francis probably did the right thing in blocking you rather than rising to your comment and giving you the attention you were perhaps craving from sending a nasty tweet.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital Spy went to the trouble of removing the post detailing my real identity. The OP doesn’t seem to grasp the seriousness of the offence. I’m entitled to my anonymity just as much as the comedian is allowed the freedom to hide behind an outgoing character on a television show to disguise the fact he is actually shy in real life. I’m afraid the OP thought he’d make a name for himself at my expense without thinking about the personal trauma I’d have to go through. My family and friends read this forum and will most likely have put 2+2 together and worked out who my username is now. So I’ve more or less lost the ability to seek help on the advice forum.

Puzzled as to why he doesn't look into more cases of people saying harmless things about celebrities work and 'out' them too?

Sorry that is hilarious and why on earth would your friends and family just *stumble* upon this thread and then go searching for your help forums? This is really all your own doing.

Perhaps you have now learned that you should increase security settings on twitter ?

Made me chuckle though, you have a lot of self importance and clearly like to play the victim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you set your profile on Twitter to private your tweets won't reach anyone who isn't following you.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you set your profile on Twitter to private your tweets won't reach anyone who isn't following you.

Well then don't complain when people find your tweets :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    Well then don't complain when people find your tweets :rolleyes:

This!

You can flick between having a private twitter and not. You can be public, tweet a celeb so they see it, if they block you and you want to moan about it while giving clues as to what you actually said then at that stage setting your twitter to private might mean your tweet won't be searchable? FYI.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, they deleted it because you went whingeing to them over something you brought upon yourself, quite frankly. The poster wasn't banned as far as I'm aware so it's not as big a deal as you think. Your tweets to LF and to all the Hollywood celebs you're following are neither clever, unique nor insightful, so in future I'd keep my 'witticisms' to myself if I were you.:D And lastly, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen...
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Said in the voice of Big Brother voiceover man*

"Day 6: And still the toss is argued .. "

;)
  • Options
    euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Sorry that is hilarious and why on earth would your friends and family just *stumble* upon this thread and then go searching for your help forums? This is really all your own doing.

Perhaps you have now learned that you should increase security settings on twitter ?

Made me chuckle though, you have a lot of self importance and clearly like to play the victim.

I'm thinking maybe the OP thought he was being witty, and once he got a suitable reply, he'd be on here moaning about how 'nasty' keith Lemon was. Instead, he's still whinging about something that happened days ago, and in the general scheme of things isn't that big a deal, as that will help him with his 'victim' status. I saw the post with the tweet, and being honest, I found it confusing rather than funny, and it could be taken quite nastily. I don't particularly like Leigh Francis/Keith Lemon, but in this case, I think he did the right thing in blocking the OP