Gary Barlow needs to try harder!

grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
Forum Member
✭✭
Another year of bum licking and still no knighthood! Oh dear - just what does GB have to do? Will 2014 be yet another year of self-promotion and "charity" work?

Suppose he can always keep his fingers crossed!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully he'll go into a realm of irrelevancy now that he's quitting X Factor? That's if he doesn't torture us with another lame Take That album (sorry ladies).

I'm actually feel nauseous at the prospect of all the other transparent attempts he'll be making in '14
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even releasing an album that made Mumford and Sons look like hardcore rock couldn't save him. Better stick to tax avoidance eh Gaz??
  • ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    GB needs to piss off.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so fed up of all this knighthood nonsense. Aren't people appreciate they have OBE/CBE/MBE's or whatever. There are so many people who do so much for charity never get any recognition just because GB is a celebrity he gets this ridiculous amount of praise. He's done a few public eye things and he's lucky to have what he got given - same with David Beckham. If every one was given knighthood's then they wouldn't be special would they?
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like Gary, but I've gone right off him in recent years.

There were quite a few things that made me raise an eyebrow, but I saw him interviewed about going to Afghanistan, and saying he'd been wanting to do some kind of variety show for the troops for ages, then it turned out he could only take one person with him, so he had to plan something else. Then it turned out that the reason he could only take one person to help him entertain the troops, was because his plan was really to make a tv show about him going out there, and he needed space on the plane for a tv crew.:confused:
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Another year of bum licking and still no knighthood! Oh dear - just what does GB have to do? Will 2014 be yet another year of self-promotion and "charity" work?

😂 He's come across as rather desperate hasn't he?
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I used to like Gary, but I've gone right off him in recent years.

There were quite a few things that made me raise an eyebrow, but I saw him interviewed about going to Afghanistan, and saying he'd been wanting to do some kind of variety show for the troops for ages, then it turned out he could only take one person with him, so he had to plan something else. Then it turned out that the reason he could only take one person to help him entertain the troops, was because his plan was really to make a tv show about him going out there, and he needed space on the plane for a tv crew.:confused:

I would agree. I don't watch X Factor but the times I have seen it in recent years he always has such a righteous look on his face.

The problem now is that these honours are now almost being expected. Nobody should be feeling 'snubbed', because that is missing the whole point of it.

The title is supposed to be bestowed as a gift would be, not as a presumed right when you become 'famous' enough.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get ready for a raft of singles for "charity"
    agree with everything posted already I hope once he leaves
    Xfactor we never see his face on TV again.
    Maybe Cameron never got over barlow dragging him by the piano whilst out promoting the tories at the last election.
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like Gary!

he's harmless and think he's a genuinely nice bloke :)
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand him or his monotone voice.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh he's still trying..........really f**king trying.

Doing the World Cup song/video with Gary Lineker.

Just bore off Barlow!!! Mediocre little man who will never ever have any credibility at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know him, so I'm only going by how he comes over to me. And that is I'm sick and tired of seeing him on my TV screen. I wish he'd get lost. And as for a knighthood...........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All my pals are in love with him and I cannot for the life of me understand why?

And his music is zzzz.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have respect for the guy when he was in Take That.

He was a great songwriting talent, and I thought it was okay that he was a bit fat. He seemed like an ordinary man.

But ever since he went on that awful diet that made him look ill, too skinny, at the same time he also turned into this grovelling little man who now turns my stomach.

His song writing abilities have also gone down the pan.
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Oh he's still trying..........really f**king trying.

Just bore off Barlow!!! Mediocre little man who will never ever have any credibility at all.

He physically repulses me. He screams "love me, LOVE ME DAMN IT" from every pore. To me, he oozes boredom and desperation. Perhaps his mother didn't love him enough.

His agent should tell him that being a tory royalist is not cool:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fadge1968 wrote: »
    He physically repulses me. He screams "love me, LOVE ME DAMN IT" from every pore. To me, he oozes boredom and desperation.

He makes my skin crawl. I've NEVER seen such an openly desperate brown-noser in my life.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Does he ever do anything sans camera/tv crew?

Anyway - with a bit of luck he may be in the US a bit more if this Neverland musical is successful and he can bore the tits of the yanks for a while!
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw him interviewed about going to Afghanistan, and saying he'd been wanting to do some kind of variety show for the troops for ages, then it turned out he could only take one person with him, so he had to plan something else. Then it turned out that the reason he could only take one person to help him entertain the troops, was because his plan was really to make a tv show about him going out there, and he needed space on the plane for a tv crew.:confused:

I didn't think I could lose further respect for him, but he is seriously repulsive!!!
  • auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Surely his involvement in tax avoidance schemes has crossed him off the list.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    auntiem wrote: »

I do hope so. People seem so forgiving of him for that one, whilst others are getting in the newspapers all the time.
    Forum Member
    auntiem wrote: »

I think if we took tax avoidance as a bar to honours being bestowed - then we'd find well over half of all celebrities (from all fields) being left without letters after their names! I think I'm being rather conservative (small 'c') there - as I'd put the figure more around 90% of them.

Barlow's no different than the rest of them - his just looks a bit more insidious because its masked by all his work for charidee! To be honest - I have more time for those using tax avoidance who do NO charity work - at least they're being honest about their 'squirrelling away'.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was the same on the X Factor. All he was interested in was giving the crowd what they wanted. He's cringeworthy.
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »

The funniest thing about this though is the choice of song. They've chosen Gary Barlow's 'Greatest Day' apparently. Given England's woeful performances I can't help but think that Barlow's 'I'd Wait For Life' would be a better choice.:D
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The funniest thing about this though is the choice of song. They've chosen Gary Barlow's 'Greatest Day' apparently. Given England's woeful performances I can't help but think that Barlow's 'I'd Wait For Life' would be a better choice.:D

Chosen his own song? How self congratulatory of him.

Has he seen how we play?

I think a better choice would have been The Circus. :p