EE am I the only one who can't stand lee?

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
I see him as such a pointless character, he's so cocky, and brings nothing to the show! Danny hatchard is an appalling actor! It pains me that he's sticking around! I look forward to reading the midnight spoilers, and it's characters like lee that completely being them down lol, I hope he's axed very soon! Surely I can't be the only one to feel this way?:/

Comments

• Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    There is no place on the show for him. 100% pointless.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan either to be honest
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I think he's alright. I also think the actor is much better than Sam 'look at me pulling funny faces and over-egging my lines but nobody cares because I'm just too darn adorable' Strike.

I also think that referring to a character as 'pointless' is a rather redundant criticism. No character has a 'point' until they are given one.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    I think he's alright. I also think the actor is much better than Sam 'look at me pulling funny faces and over-egging my lines but nobody cares because I'm just too darn adorable' Strike.

I also think that referring to a character as 'pointless' is a rather redundant criticism. No character has a 'point' until they are given one.

This. I actually don't mind him.
  • storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Lee personally but I think to the audience in some way, we are to assume he is a lothario in some way but I'm sure tptb won't be doing just that, there's something about him that connects him strongly to Lucy's murder reveal I'm sure. I think with Lee, we have seen him dip in and out so he gives a mysterious vibe off in some sense to be honest.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say I can't stand him but he is totally superfluous. Right now he's co-starring with Whitney in the 14th sequel to "The Love Of Whitney's Life" and that renders him pointless in my book. I will not watch another recyling of this storyline. Send them both packing. That would be a twist no one would see coming in this well worn tale.
  • MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I absolutely hate lee.....like proper hate....
    I don't know why, he's soooooooo inecassary.
    And then he pulls a girl like Whitney.... What even...
    Oh and 👀
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on you know you're not.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Oh come on you know you're not.

I know;) it's just nice to see people share my hatred for lee carter lol;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »

Sam strike is so much better, the scenes where he came out were so moving! Unlike when lee came back and broke down about what he experienced in the army! I'm sorry, I respect the amry a lot, and I understand it must be a horrible experience with what happened to him in the army, but that performance he gave was absolutely appalling! I almost laughed at how bad his acting skills were! (Which is why he should NEVER EVER be given a storyline)!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MutantX wrote: »
    This thread ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I absolutely hate lee.....like proper hate....
    I don't know why, he's soooooooo inecassary.
    And then he pulls a girl like Whitney.... What even...
    Oh and 👀

He's so pointless? He's just another tyler, Anthony, Leon character, 'a ladies man' 'a cocky cockney boy' johnny and nancy actually serve purpose and are really good characters, why was lee ever even brought on-_- he just ruins the dynamics of the carters, whenever I see his or tosh's name appear on the cast list, I could cry lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that on the CCTV bus clip, Lee is sat at the front in the bottom left corner. The man sat there looked like him and he was on his phone texting and so was Lucy. Also when she turned round with that look of surprise at who she'd seen, before getting off the bus. it looked like she was looking towards that mans direction more than Jays. I don't think Jay or Ben actually have anything to do with Lucy's murder, Jay was just on the same bus going to meet Ben and that's it.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I know;) it's just nice to see people share my hatred for lee carter lol;)

Why is it 'nice'? He's just a character... that hasn't been in EE too much yet.

I personally like Lee. I'm not that enamoured with the Whitney stuff but I think he gets an unfair deal on here,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Why is it 'nice'? He's just a character... that hasn't been in EE too much yet.

I personally like Lee. I'm not that enamoured with the Whitney stuff but I think he gets an unfair deal on here,

Pointless character played by a poor actor... What's to like? Why is it we're not allowed to judge a character just because they haven't had a big storyline? Lees been on EE for quite a bit now, dannys performances are poor, and his character will more than likely have no character development...
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I wasn't sure at first but really like Lee now. The actor is a bit wobbly at times but I'm hoping as time goes on he'll find his feet more.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's rubbish and the way he acted at the train station on carnival day was just embarrassing! Flopping around taking and wearing the ticket guys hat and blowing his whistle! As if!!! His dancing around was just pathetic! No way for a "soldier" to act! Shoulda got arrested!!
  • nathan69nathan69 Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here here just so wooden with a monotone voice. Please let's hope he is axed.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the actor is fine, there were just far more interesting things to do with the character than the route they've gone down. Heck, I wouldn't have introduced him at all until 2015.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    He's OK. On a par with Johnny but better than Peter, Liam and TJ. Oh and better than Dexter. They seem to be struggling to find really good young male actors.
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont understand how characters can be pointless. He is part of a family unit and interacts with his parents and siblings. He chases women and drinks in the pub. Why is he pointless but others arent?
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    There is no place on the show for him. 100% pointless.

No he has been a major flop in my eyes.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    He's OK. On a par with Johnny but better than Peter, Liam and TJ. Oh and better than Dexter. They seem to be struggling to find really good young male actors.

There are plenty out there, where are the casting directors looking?
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    There are plenty out there, where are the casting directors looking?

Goodness knows. I was hoping for a real chip off the old block, someone I could believe is Danny Dyer's son. Instead he's a wet lettuce. I just hope they've got the casting of Ben right.
  • TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP hates Lee? This is shocking new information.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to love or hate him. He's just... there. I think this is another example of Eastenders creating a character where their arrival has an impact on a storyline but then they don't know what to do with them afterwards. I guess Lee is the new Ava.