Options

Calling All Wannabe Doctor Who Writers: An exciting opportunity!!

Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What started out as wishful thinking a few days ago, well yesterday, has become a reality of sorts, and we would now like to share it with all you guys.

The idea: A DS produced series of Doctor Who.

It will basically be a set of 13 episodes written by members of DS. We are looking for 4/5 writers, and 5 contributors to join us, and this is your chance to do so.

To apply, you must write a synopsis of 1-2 paragraphs, about an epsiode you would write. This series will be set between series 5 and 6 and doesn't nesscarily have to involve Amy and Rory as companions. Since it's writing, the sky (and beyond :p) is your limit.

If we get more people than places, myself, dalekaddison and Livingdestiny will judge who should go through.

The closing deadline is 7 pm Wednesday. Good luck, and please do apply!! :cool:

Ps. Just thought I'd add, this isn't officail Doctor who, they won't get produced by the BBC (though we can dream right?) The experience should be good though, and perhaps as near as you can get to actually producing a series without filiming it :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Chihiro94 wrote: »
    What started out as wishful thinking a few days ago, well yesterday, has become a reality of sorts, and we would now like to share it with all you guys.

The idea: A DS produced series of Doctor Who.

It will basically be a set of 13 episodes written by members of DS. We are looking for 4/5 writers, and 5 contributors to join us, and this is your chance to do so.

To apply, you must write a synopsis of 1-2 paragraphs, about an epsiode you would write. This series will be set between series 5 and 6 and doesn't nesscarily have to involve Amy and Rory as companions. Since it's writing, the sky (and beyond :p) is your limit.

If we get more people than places, myself, dalekaddison and Livingdestiny will judge who should go through.

The closing deadline is 7 pm Wednesday. Good luck, and please do apply!! :cool:

Ps. Just thought I'd add, this isn't officail Doctor who, they won't get produced by the BBC (though we can dream right?) The experience should be good though, and perhaps as near as you can get to actually producing a series without filiming it :D

who says you couldnt film it :P
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds a most intruiging propsal. :) I've got a couple of ideas...

Firstly, crossovers - out of curiousity, Yay or nay? :D
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chihiro94 wrote: »

*cough* ... and presumably send the synopsis to somebody? You, by private message?
  • Options
    LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds a most intruiging propsal. :) I've got a couple of ideas...

Firstly, crossovers - out of curiousity, Yay or nay? :D

Nay, we're actually suprised everyone is taking this quite seriously we have a story arc and everything :D So just a Doctor Who only! Plus its also worth mentioning that it would only be one episode as the two part stories have been taken up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weeee... I proposed that :D

Definitely in for submitting an Episode Synopsis :)

Though I do fear I may not have time to develop it any further than that :(:(
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would if I had no job, but at the moment I'm so busy!

And anyway I would probably give up after 20 minutes. I had to write a script for an existing TV show in college, got to page 30 (about 30 minutes) and couldn't be bothered anymore. We only had to write 10 pages minimum anyway lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    where do we send the synopsis?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point. How about you sent if via PM to one us three (the judges) and then we post it up on our message board and discuss there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CG Me wrote: »
    Weeee... I proposed that :D

Definitely in for submitting an Episode Synopsis :)

Though I do fear I may not have time to develop it any further than that :(:(

i really liked your idea from The Galios and it is already being considered :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really liked your idea from The Galios and it is already being considered :)

Oh Wooo :D:D
    :p

Though, technically, it wasn't a Synopsis :p
    More like some incoherent ramblings that partially made sense :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun, I'm in if I have the time, really should revise though. Will have a think though. :p
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Do I have to re-submit or am I already in? (I came up with the shapeshifting villain story)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    Do I have to re-submit or am I already in? (I came up with the shapeshifting villain story)

I belive you have the finale :)

I'm dissapearing off now, really need to get some revision done :S

Bye for now, and good luck, maybe send any synopsises to the other two ::
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Oh I really want to do this :)
    However, being a newb, I dont know how to send my synopsis to you :confused:
    Could somebody tell me or am I being blatantley stupid?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nathan-Lee wrote: »
    Oh I really want to do this :)
    However, being a newb, I dont know how to send my synopsis to you :confused:
    Could somebody tell me or am I being blatantley stupid?

If you click on one of our names, a little list box will come up with the option to send a private message. Just post the text there and then send.

I'll be doing a check later today/tomorrow depedning on when I'm back , and will let people know if it got though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »

You are in, but still need to sign up to the website
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me get this straight.... we have the exciting opportunity to write some FanFic.

Sure. Allow me to kick things off.
    Amy was off doing some ironing or something, and the Doctor & Rory were toweling themselves off after after a swim in the Tardis Pool.
    'Goodness!' exclaimed the Doctor, slightly in awe. 'Those are some very hairy... legs you've got there Rory.' He laughed nervously.
    'Why, yes! They are, aren't they.' replied Rory furtively, not quite able to quite catch his breath around this strange & exciting man.
    'You could probably do with a hand, drying them off!' offered the Doctor, his hearts racing like it last had 900 years previously in the Time Lord Academy Boarding Dorms.
    'They are ever-such-a-long way down for me to reach.' said Rory, his heart in his mouth.
    The Doctor moved closer.
    Rory shuddered feeling the Doctors warm hand, slide over his cool, alabaster skin.
    'Rory... I.. I think there's something you should know about me...' the Doctor stammered.
    Rory's towel began to tent, and then dropped to the ground in front of the Doctor...
    The Doctor swallowed hard. His and Rory's eyes met. The Doctor moved forward again...

*boomp chicka wow wow*

To be continued.
  • Options
    smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm up for it! Got the rough idea for my story, just need to iron out some details and produce a synopsis which actually makes sense! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smile371 wrote: »
    I'm up for it! Got the rough idea for my story, just need to iron out some details and produce a synopsis which actually makes sense! :p

PM me once you've done, i'd love to hear it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    Let me get this straight.... we have the exciting opportunity to write some FanFic.

Amy was off doing some ironing or something, and the Doctor & Rory were toweling themselves off after after a swim in the Tardis Pool.
    'Goodness!' exclaimed the Doctor, slightly in awe. 'Those are some very hairy... legs you've got there Rory.' He laughed nervously.
    'Why, yes! They are, aren't they.' replied Rory furtively, not quite able to quite catch his breath around this strange & exciting man.
    'You could probably do with a hand, drying them off!' offered the Doctor, his hearts racing like it last had 900 years previously in the Time Lord Academy Boarding Dorms.
    'They are ever-such-a-long way down for me to reach.' said Rory, his heart in his mouth.
    The Doctor moved closer.
    Rory shuddered feeling the Doctors warm hand, slide over his cool, alabaster skin.
    'Rory... I.. I think there's something you should know about me...' the Doctor stammered.
    Rory's towel began to tent, and then dropped to the ground in front of the Doctor...
    The Doctor swallowed hard. His and Rory's eyes met. The Doctor moved forward again...

*boomp chicka wow wow*

To be continued.

No, just no. Don't do that. No.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, just no. Don't do that. No.
    What do you have against the Gay Agenda exactly? This is exactly like Section 28 all over again.

:sleep:
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member

The Doctor moved closer.

*boomp chicka wow wow*

To be continued.

ROFL!

Doctor Who slash fics are surprisingly abundant on the Net. They're all as mind-numblingly odd as each other, IMO. (Not because of the gay thing, the idea of fantasising and wrting about any two fictional characters doing...that...uggh). Let's not go there...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member

Gay agenda :P
    I think theres a sexist agenda? Amy is off doing the ironing? come on! :O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nathan-Lee wrote: »
    I think theres a sexist agenda? Amy is off doing the ironing? come on! :O
    Those tiny little outfits don't just launder themselves, you know. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member