Options

Simon Cowell - "I would have kept miss dynamix. I don't get that decision"

Comments

• Options
    abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As if he isn't largely responsible for every decision made anyway. Your not fooling anyone cowell
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Maybe the storm caused interfearance with the judges ear pieces.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can if you have the talent, Little Mix were doing well from week one, yes they got better as the show progressed, but they were acceptably together from the start.

Dynamix were just not a group, they were three soloists on stage at the same time taking turns to sing, and it showed. That is down to them and the vocal coaches.

In my opinion they are streets better than the truly awful Little Mix.
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah would be too interesting to be a favourite of Cowell. Miss Dynamix really weren't better in the sing off, just less bad than they have been before.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can if you have the talent, Little Mix were doing well from week one, yes they got better as the show progressed, but they were acceptably together from the start.

Dynamix were just not a group, they were three soloists on stage at the same time taking turns to sing, and it showed. That is down to them and the vocal coaches.

Well said. Tbh I think LM will always be the best ever girl group to come from X factor:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Journal wrote: »
    Everyone equating Simon with making money, but I do genuinely believe that for years he has taken the sing-off to mean a fight for survival, and almost always kept the act which he felt did better in the sing-off.

That was Miss Dynamix, without question.

I think we'd all like to think that the sing off was a genuine fight for survival but the truth is that it isn't. Simon has form of course - he once saved jedward despite them "losing" the sing off absolutely and comprehensively.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although Hannah sang better I think Miss Dynamix have something Hannah doesn't and that's star quality.

Just noticed Brooke made this thread watch out for that one peeps she's nothing but trouble. :cool:
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although Hannah sang better I think Miss Dynamix have something Hannah doesn't and that's star quality.

Just noticed Brooke made this thread watch out for that one peeps she's nothing but trouble. :cool:

Personally i dont think either act should have been in the bottom two, but i do have my theories as to why they were. You can make your own judgement as to why i have said that.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Miss Dynamic were first put together I though they had potential for a newly formed band but sadly they have not lived up to that so I think they were the right ones to go. I much prefer Hannah and although Tamara can really sing I just find her unlikeable. And before anyone jumps on me for saying that, no I can't explain why, it's just that unexplainable something that makes you not take to someone for some unknown reason. Gary was right with his comment about a Beyonce tribute because I didn't feel that she gave her own interpretation of the song. She did say she had watched Dreamgirls many times so perhaps the Beyonce version is too fixed in her head.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion they are streets better than the truly awful Little Mix.

Million times better, mate.
    I know what Simon is saying and if I'm honest, I thought Miss Dynamix did better in sing-offs. However, Hannah is much better overall so I would have based it on overall performances and Hannah was streets ahead. Miss Dynamix has a day to rehearse their sing-offs and I think Hannah had a shock when she discovered about being in the bottom 2 and that made her lose her concentration and started crying
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about when the completion ends? The music industry is a cruel business. You don't succeed by just having "talent" you need to have everything else.

Why shouldn't he care about pound signs? :confused:

I can imagine that SImon Cowell would not have been happy that Hannah cried towards the end of the song. He likes people with "steel in their eyes". Forget how talented they are or how young and inexperienced they are.

However, Hannah wll need to toughen up to succeed in the business. Adele is proof that you don't need to look like Beyonce or Rihanna to make it.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Miss Dynamix are in his people who he sees can still grow? he thought Miss Dynamix could be better if they work hard.
  • Options
    Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    Everyone equating Simon with making money, but I do genuinely believe that for years he has taken the sing-off to mean a fight for survival, and almost always kept the act which he felt did better in the sing-off.

That was Miss Dynamix, without question.

Lloyd Daniels over Rachel Adedeji?
    Kate Waissel over TreyC Cohen?
    Chico over his own act The Conway Sisters?

And the hilarious cherry on top...

Girlband over Ruth Lorenzo when she sang purple rain?

I think he likes to come across as someone who really bases his decision on the sing off, but those above reasons just go to show sometimes he has an ulterior motive.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    callym1980 wrote: »
    He is probably thinking about who is marketable & with vocal help Ms Dynamix probably have more potential to sell records in terms of genre and market appeal. He has never been a fan of the new 'Adeles' regardless of talent.

All I can say is thank goodness he is NOT on the panel this year! Hannah deserves her place.

I find it strange that he doesn't support these types of acts as he said a few years ago on xtra factor when Adele was on the panel (promoting 19) that he loved her music. She is one of the biggest selling artists in the world atm so you think he would want to cash in on that market while she is away.
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neorich wrote: »
    Maybe he's basing on the possibility that, having created this "group," it was essential to make sure that they got through to the later stages of the competition..

Hannah outsang them, not only in the live shows, but also in the sing offs, which showed them for what they are, a cobbled together effort, who are really 3 wannabe soloists, who don't sing harmony very well together, on the very rare occasions they attempt it.

None of the above is their fault, it's to be expected, you can't form a cohesive vocal unit, overnight..it takes a lot of rehearsal and commitment.

Hopefully, next year they'll abandon this sham, or should I say scam and allow only groups that have auditioned as groups through to the final..

Rich.
    x

I agree Rich. It makes no sense to make up a group when there were plenty of talented ones in the offing. The only excuse is if there aren't any. I can think of two others that should have made it but they were largely black groups and its seems you can't have two in the competition.:rolleyes: This show fails because they have to have a mix in the groups it would seem.
    Not so in Sharon's catergory, as she had all the same type of singers which considering the talent this year in the Overs was silly.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We know Simon's type and there's three of them in Miss Dynamix and none in Hannah. He's just interested in more young women hanging around him hanging on his every contract.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I can't imagine he'll sign them.
  • Options
    caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abcd wrote: »
    As if he isn't largely responsible for every decision made anyway. Your not fooling anyone cowell

This :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    He's probably trying to avert a discrimination case from a pregnant girl!

*Kicked out because I am pregnant* !!

Exactly what I thought too.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he really wants Miss Dynamix he'll sign them. At least now they can just work hard it's what they do now that matters .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »
    If he really wants Miss Dynamix he'll sign them. At least now they can just work hard it's what they do now that matters .

It might actually be a blessing that they have gone out now - they work on certain areas and improve
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think that's roughly what I said?

;)

Regarding harmony singing, it's not something that always comes easily, even to quite talented vocal performers.

I've been aware of people I've worked with who can't do it, even though they are amazing singers..and very talented in that regard.

Even people who are skilled in the art of harmony singing have to learn and work at getting their parts right and singing in balance with others..to achieve that with any given song, in a week, takes work.

My impression with Miss Dynamix, has been, for one reason, or another, they've not put in, or been prepared to put in the work.

Rich.
    x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neorich wrote: »
    I think that's roughly what I said?

;)

Regarding harmony singing, it's not something that always comes easily, even to quite talented vocal performers.

I've been aware of people I've worked with who can't do it, even though they are amazing singers..and very talented in that regard.

Even people who are skilled in the art of harmony singing have to learn and work at getting their parts right and singing in balance with others..to achieve that with any given song, in a week, takes work.

My impression with Miss Dynamix, has been, for one reason, or another, they've not put in, or been prepared to put in the work.

Rich.
    x

Although I agree what you said and I have stressed this out regarding harmonies and good singers sometimes don't mix BUT if they keep together and work on those weaknesses it can be done - I've seen it happen a few times before. They did come in as solo artists and were suddenly put in this group and that in itself is a daunting prospect. Harmonies cannot be done just like that - there is a lot of work that needs to be done but it's not impossible
  • Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's probably going off the sing off in which IMO although I like Hannah I preferred Miss Dynamix in the sing off .
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    mysty211 wrote: »

I doubt he will considering he already has 2 girlgroups on his label.