How does Joe Swash keep getting work?

Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He's as far from photogentic as you can get (very shallow, but important if you are on telly whether we like it or not), has one of the most annoying voices in the world, as is yet another irritating "cheeky chappy" type who aren't exactly in short supply.

I just saw a trailer for that new Fake Reaction show and it looks like yet more unwatchable "reality" rubbish but the choice of Joe Swash as the "face" of it baffles me beyond belief.

I can't get over him winning I'm A Celeb. A nice guy he might be (I assume people found him likeable to keep him in that show) but it should take more than that for someone to be able to get a TV career. He always looks like he needs a shower.

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree with you. He was on that Celebrity Take Me Out before Christmas too, shows exactly what kind of show he's 'in demand' for really doesn't it?

I'm sure between ITV2 & the like there will be plenty of reality stuff for him to play the geeza in :yawn:
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer Joe Swash to Vernon Kaye, Vernon Kaye annoys me more, how on earth he got a job presenting I will never know, but ITV love him
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I prefer Joe Swash to Vernon Kaye, Vernon Kaye annoys me more, how on earth he got a job presenting I will never know, but ITV love him

Hmm. Joe Swash or Vernon Kaye. It's like choosing between being shot or stabbed. :eek:
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    He's as far from photogentic as you can get (very shallow, but important if you are on telly whether we like it or not), has one of the most annoying voices in the world, as is yet another irritating "cheeky chappy" type who aren't exactly in short supply.

I just saw a trailer for that new Fake Reaction show and it looks like yet more unwatchable "reality" rubbish but the choice of Joe Swash as the "face" of it baffles me beyond belief.

I can't get over him winning I'm A Celeb. A nice guy he might be (I assume people found him likeable to keep him in that show) but it should take more than that for someone to be able to get a TV career. He always looks like he needs a shower.

Thank You!!!

Every time I see him on the tv, I am like HOW??!! does this guy get tv work. He really is not easy on the eye, and he seems so disingenuine and is extremely dull. Surely there are better looking guys with a personality who could do this job better?! He makes me switch over every time I see him! :o:D
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely he'd prefer proper acting work as he's supposed to be an actor? But he's got to pay the rent/bills.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely he'd prefer proper acting work as he's supposed to be an actor? But he's got to pay the rent/bills.....

I'm sure he has a job centre nearby which he could pay a visit too. It's what most people would have to do if they were suddenly a bit down on their luck in their chosen profession.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You could say the same about Natalie Cassidy!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    You could say the same about Natalie Cassidy!! :D

Her increasingly desperate efforts to be seen as some sort of glamour girl are pretty funny though.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm. Joe Swash or Vernon Kaye. It's like choosing between being shot or stabbed. :eek:

Haha :D
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely agree with all of this. I still have no idea how he won IACGMOOH, as he came across (IMO) as an unwashed, inappropriate creep. Esther Rantzen had to tell him to keep his hands to himself more than once.

His voice is awful, yes, but his inability to read off an autocue even worse.

I cannot understand how he gets work.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Absolutely agree with all of this. I still have no idea how he won IACGMOOH, as he came across (IMO) as an unwashed, inappropriate creep. Esther Rantzen had to tell him to keep his hands to himself more than once.

His voice is awful, yes, but his inability to read off an autocue even worse.

I cannot understand how he gets work.

i agree with everything, he must be either related to someone in ITV2 or is very cheap....either way he really should not be on our screens. Kara Tointon had a really lucky escape when he cheated on her
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same way all the reality dregs z-listers do. He's cheap and he'll do any old shit he's offered.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fake reaction is a game show more than a " reality" show surely?
    I won't be watching it as I'm not a fan of joe .. He is to noisy and has to be noticed
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching a This Morning segment with Joe yesterday with rehoming Dogs, and Joe kept getting the details wrong!! I guess it was written on his prompt card that he was holding, what a muppet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    He must know something about the producer of these shows.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Anyone else think he looks quite wrinkly for his age? (He's 30 btw)
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man is a halfwit! His accent is appalling - no wonder kids don't have any incentive to speak properly when incomprehensible idiots like this are 'successful'! - and he adds nothing to anything he's on.

He's only on IACGMOOHN so he can be treated like the vilage idiot with those trial run-throughs. And he laps it all up, moron!
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't he bankrupted a year or two back? I couldn't work out why either, since he seems to pop up everywhere, mushroom like. Bit like Ms Katona. Unless he suffers her lack of financial discipline too.

Vernon Kaye or Joe Swash? :eek:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only imagine he knows where the bodies are hidden, along with Lorraine Kelly.
  • rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a proper annoying bellend! And it's like his voice hasn't broken yet and he's a scruffy little sod too. Did anyone see the programme he did with Pam Anderson? I mean, WHY HIM FFS?! I could only stand a couple of minutes of him then had to turn off, it would have been worth watching if someone else had presented it.

Oh and I agree, Vernon Kaye is just a bad :mad:

RAR!
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Same way all the reality dregs z-listers do. He's cheap and he'll do any old shit he's offered.

Nicely put and very true, no doubt! :D :cool:
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Thank you for this thread. I am always baffled and dismayed when the Swash pops up again....and it seems to be an ever increasing incidence.

All I can think is that he is a genuinely nice guy who backstage people want to work with.

There can be no other reason because he is a God awful presenter who makes my eyes and ears bleed.
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a proper annoying bellend! And it's like his voice hasn't broken yet and he's a scruffy little sod too. Did anyone see the programme he did with Pam Anderson? I mean, WHY HIM FFS?! I could only stand a couple of minutes of him then had to turn off, it would have been worth watching if someone else had presented it.

Oh and I agree, Vernon Kaye is just a bad :mad:

RAR!

At least Vernon Kaye is easy on eye unlike Joe!!!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His voice is horrendous. There's nothing wrong with a regional accent per se, but the tone and diction of his accent is like nails down a blackboard.

ITV1 and 2 have become a total mess. Their output seems to be based solely around reality television and the same group of young, amateurish 'presenters'.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he has a job centre nearby which he could pay a visit too. It's what most people would have to do if they were suddenly a bit down on their luck in their chosen profession.

But those jobs wouldn't be as well paid as the stuff he's doing!