Sci-fi shows that should have got more seasons instead of cancellation

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Carnivale.

I know it's not sci-fi but one more season would've been nice.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Firefly

Enterprise

Terra Nova (i enjoyed it)
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Being Human - the BBC have a lot to answer for by cancelling this fantastic show. We didn't see enough of Michael, Kate and especially Damien. (aka Tom, Alex and Hal)

The creator of the show himself decided to end this show didn't he?
  • Ian K McIan K Mc Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I would say the following -

Adam Adamant Lives!
    Counterstrike
    Gerry Anderson's U.F.O.
    Lost in Space
    Land of the Giants
    Space 1999
    Fantastic Journey
    Logan's Run
    The Man from Atlantis
    The Prisoner
    Crusade
    Nowhere Man
    Out of the Unknown
  • mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sapphire and Steel

Space 1999
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Heroes.
    I know it lost it's way after the amazing first season, but I wish it at least had one more season or a few specials just to wrap everything up.
  • ArchiexArchiex Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    The Dresden files, odyssey 5, Jericho, surface, space above and beyond, dark skies, American gothic and journeyman all deserved to last longer than they did and would love to see them back.

Also strongly believe that Quantum leap should have continued. at the very least this should come back refreshed and with today's Sfx it would be au winner if done correctly.
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,475
    Forum Member
    Firefly (utterly brilliant!)

Crusade

Jeremiah

Gerry Anderson's U.F.O. (I wish it had got a third season and more instead of it becoming Space: 1999 instead)

The Tripods (been annoyed at this one since I was a kid watching the first two series, adapting the first two books, but they never did the third)
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tru Calling
    Firefly
    Terminator TSCC
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Def Tru Calling, the way season 2 ended so abruptly, should have at least been allowed to finish the season.(and I'm not saying this just because I'm a diehard buffy-er and used to have posters of Brandon from bh90210 everywhere!)
  • ArchiexArchiex Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Just remembered freakylinks. That show was great and should have continued abit longer.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bionic Woman.

Michelle Ryan. Kicking ass. Nuff said.

Bloody writer's strike!!! :mad:
  • Reiver97Reiver97 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many good shows lost before their time.

I agree with many that have been mentioned. My own stand outs would be

Space: Above and Beyond. Its still not too late, surely?

Stargate:Universe. The only SG I have enjoyed.

Threshold. Under-rated. Of the three similarly themed shows that came out at that time (the other two being Invasion and Surface), Threshold was my favourite.

Flashforward. Just watched the DVDs, although it didnt really need another series, just a conclusion.

This Is Not My Life. Excellent New Zealand scifi, along the lines of the aforementioned Nowhere Man.

I always had fond memories of Prey, from the 90s, but watched a few episodes recently and it was naff, so perhaps that one is best left dead.
  • Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top of my head:

-Firefly (obviously!)
    -Angel (had its ups and downs, but the way season 5 was going, we would've had a cracking season 6 IMO)
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,475
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Bionic Woman.

Michelle Ryan. Kicking ass. Nuff said.

Bloody writer's strike!!! :mad:

Hmm. It would've been much better if they'd had Katee Sackoff's character as the main character. Her character's story was in a much more difficult situation and would've made for better drama.
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tru Calling...........axed just as it was getting interesting
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jericho, I would have liked to have seen at least a complete second season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Invasion
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    Hmm. It would've been much better if they'd had Katee Sackoff's character as the main character. Her character's story was in a much more difficult situation and would've made for better drama.

Indeed. Sackoff was a much better actress and far more charismatic than Ryan.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) V - The comeback series was cancelled too early. There was certainly life left in this series.

2) I agree about Invasion; that too should not have been cancelled when it was.

3) The Bionic Woman - Again, the comeback series from last decade. It really needed more than one series. One series is not enough to do a sci-fi series justice.
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    2. Angel - Should of ran for one more season to allow the writers to give the show a proper planned end.

Agree.

I also think that Roswell had ended too early and it has a BIG fanbase who would love for it to return which i really do hope they do make a movie about what happened after when they left Roswell..

https://www.facebook.com/roswellmovie
  • LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stargate Atlantis deserved one more season
    It was one of Syfy's biggest rating earners and out of nowhere, they cancelled it. So the writers had to do a U turn and do a quick series finale. The producers already mapped out season 6 as the final season. They mapped it out so well that a little while ago, they released episode titles for all of season 6 and the script for what she should of been the season 6 premiere. Instead we got the crappy Stargate Universe which flopped and now the franchise has died on it's backside.
  • RoryWatchesTVRoryWatchesTV Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    1) FlashForward - first season was getting so good toward the end, should at least have had a second season imo

2) Stargate Atlantis - could have done at least two more seasons, I know when it was originally cancelled they were going to do DVD films but I really think a couple more seasons would have been better anyway

3) Star Trek Enterprise - probably a somewhat controversial choice but season 3 and 4 were really good, a show that had a lot of potential if they had gone ahead with at least a couple more seasons, especially if the rumors about season 5 being to do with the Romulans were true!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) FlashForward - first season was getting so good toward the end, should at least have had a second season imo

2) Stargate Atlantis - could have done at least two more seasons, I know when it was originally cancelled they were going to do DVD films but I really think a couple more seasons would have been better anyway

3) Star Trek Enterprise - probably a somewhat controversial choice but season 3 and 4 were really good, a show that had a lot of potential if they had gone ahead with at least a couple more seasons, especially if the rumors about season 5 being to do with the Romulans were true!

The problem was that Flashword's ratings were not good and Enterprise's ratings were decreasing which was working against the show's high budget. So i it is not the case of network or cast and crew deciding not to make it anymore. I think people forget that when shows are cancelled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Certainly I'd like to have seen a conclusion to Flashforward but IMO Atlantis & Enterprise should never have been made at all.