Slightly being put off internert shopping

EastEast Posts: 926
Forum Member
✭✭
This is due to a courier company My Hermes.
Last year I bought from a third party seller and the item arrived faulty. The seller said return it using My Hermes and then the item went missing so was not happy.

Over the past year My Hermes have delivered a few items and outer packaging has been damaged and looks tampered with.

I have told Amazon in my packaging reviews but they still use them.

Any one else feel this way or bad experience with this company My Hermes.

Comments

• HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's not the fault of the sender?

Are you buying directly from Amazon, or independent sellers on Amazon?
  • EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not the fault of the sender?

Are you buying directly from Amazon, or independent sellers on Amazon?

Direct from Amazon and Third party seller items fulfilled by Amazon.

Also all other items ordered during the year delivered by DPD and Yodel etc have been fine.

Please note the Hermes person that delivers for my area could not be more pleasant mannered. Is it maybe the handling inbetween.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had a couple of incidents with books. The first was one I brought off ebay as a buy it now option. I did not receive it and contacted the seller. He refunded me straight away and so that was not an issue apart from the fact that I did not get the book at a decent price.

The second incident was like yourself, a third party seller from Amazon. I had to go through the whole process of waiting for the end of the estimated delivery date which was about 2 weeks after I first purchased the item,. until Amazon could get involved In between then I contacted the seller and they suggested me going to my local Royal Mail depot to see if the book was there. It wasn't, so that was a waste of time. They then said they contacted Royal Mail and again they responded by saying they could not find the parcel. I then got fed up and said, I am not waiting anymore and I want a refund. Which they duly did and they have given me £2.00 discount on my next purchase with this seller, which I have not used yet.
  • luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    East wrote: »
    Direct from Amazon and Third party seller items fulfilled by Amazon.

Also all other items ordered during the year delivered by DPD and Yodel etc have been fine.

Please note the Hermes person that delivers for my area could not be more pleasant mannered. Is it maybe the handling inbetween.

I think you're right. It must be a problem en route to your local area. I've never had any problems with deliveries from MyHermes, and I get loads of stuff via them.

My local Hermes courier is a lovely lady and my parcels have always arrived in perfect condition.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    SOme people have bad experiences and there are some bad stories of particular couriers.

Don't let that put you off though because 99 times out of 100 it works perfectly and it is the future (or present actually).
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hermes dumped a parcel on my doorstep a couple of days ago, for someone several streets away. No idea why, nothing similar about our addresses or anything wrong with the label.

And yes, it may be an unrepresentative example, but it does suggest that my local Hermes courier is an idiot.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Many Hermes delievery drivers, if not all, are self employed. They get money by how much they deliver.

If they're under pressure to hit targets then they may just do a shoddy job, like saying a parcel has been deleivered when it hasn't.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always buy from Amazon or a fulfilled by Amazon. Had one too many bad experiences buying through 3rd party sellers. Never had experience with Hermes but heard some right nightmare stories.
  • EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Hermes was featured on Watchdog 27/11/14. Lost and Damaged parcels. Worth a watch on I player. >:( Terrible company. DOES support my post.
  • bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Nearly every parcel I have received from My Hermes has arrived with outer packaging damaged, some suppliers seem to be aware of the problem and double up on the packaging inside. Why don't they just change delivery company?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    East wrote: »
    This is due to a courier company My Hermes.
    Last year I bought from a third party seller and the item arrived faulty. The seller said return it using My Hermes and then the item went missing so was not happy.

Over the past year My Hermes have delivered a few items and outer packaging has been damaged and looks tampered with.

I have told Amazon in my packaging reviews but they still use them.

Any one else feel this way or bad experience with this company My Hermes.
    I think the trouble with Hermes is they use independent delivery drivers who use their own transport. So it depends on who the driver is in your area.

So far mine has been OK (touch wood).
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    Nearly every parcel I have received from My Hermes has arrived with outer packaging damaged, some suppliers seem to be aware of the problem and double up on the packaging inside. Why don't they just change delivery company?

Sadly it is the old '99% of our customers are happy' excuse.

It seems although it happens a lot with Hermes, it doesn't happen often enough for the companies who use them to worry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had a delivery from "My Hermes" from Amazon. I had two deliveries today for my neighbour, one Yodel and one DPD. I've never had a problem with either.

Never had any problems with deliveries from Amazon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly it is the old '99% of our customers are happy' excuse.

It seems although it happens a lot with Hermes, it doesn't happen often enough for the companies who use them to worry.

It doesn't bother me. It's the supplier who has the problem. I never phone the delivery company, I phone the supplier. It's their problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the trouble with Hermes is they use independent delivery drivers who use their own transport. So it depends on who the driver is in your area.

So far mine has been OK (touch wood).

Our Yodel man is great and a lovely guy. He even knows the name of my Alsation and accepts his friendly barking at bollock height:D:D
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had so much bad luck with third party sellers on Amazon I won't order from them at all anymore. The vast majority seem to take forever to dispatch and don't seem to give a stuff about things like terrible feedback ratings. I now just order direct from Amazon or eBay, it's much less stressful even if it means paying more money.

My local Hermes people have always been brilliant and very nice so I know they are not the problem.
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    I always buy from Amazon or a fulfilled by Amazon. Had one too many bad experiences buying through 3rd party sellers. Never had experience with Hermes but heard some right nightmare stories.

Just bought a Hermes scarf for my mother's birthday- stick to haute couture i say :)