Options

Pure Evoke Flow

lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My Pure Evoke Flow had a very nasty fall last night and when I looked this morning I found the display is not working. I was just about to go on a trip so did not have time to open it up so decided to get a new radio and then if repairable will be useful in another room.

I called in Curry's in Greenock, they have the Pure Evoke Flow on display so asked an assistant if he had one boxed up - "what?". I had to take him and show it to him. Quick check and none in stock - if he had offered the display one at a discount then I might have taken it.

Comet have a nice Roberts DAB radio with Internet access but it has no battery (or at least no mention of battery on the box, if not mentioned then not likely to have one). Pity as looked a nice set.

Have to have a look elsewhere tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    BollardBollard Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Pure Evoke Flow doesn't come with the battery, it's optional. http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/pure-evoke-flow-dab-internet-radio-black-01565743-pdt.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bollard wrote: »
    The Pure Evoke Flow doesn't come with the battery, it's optional. http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/pure-evoke-flow-dab-internet-radio-black-01565743-pdt.html

It was a Pure Evoke Flow that has broken, it has the rechargeable battery.

The Roberts has no mention of rechargeable battery on the box so very unlikely to have one and no obvious places to put one or normal batteries.
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My pure evoke has died too, of broken buttons. Everything else is fine.Can I have yours for spares?
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mines also broken I had an old thread and posted about the sound going on it again only the stereo out is now going on here.
    Might be willing to let it go but don't know how much for?
    Also has broken aerial.

:(
  • Options
    Les WiresLes Wires Posts: 6,610
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    My Pure Evoke Flow had a very nasty fall last night and when I looked this morning I found the display is not working. .
    It might be worth taking a look inside before you make a purchase.

Quite often these type of displays are linked to the main board by a a multi-ribbon type of connector which is pushed into the board and can easily become partially disconnected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Les Wires wrote: »
    It might be worth taking a look inside before you make a purchase.

Quite often these type of displays are linked to the main board by a a multi-ribbon type of connector which is pushed into the board and can easily become partially disconnected.

As I wrote, I am away from home so not able to do so.

I propose to get a new radio of some sort then if I can repair the Pure Evoke Flow I can use in sitting room, kitchen etc. At the moment I use an old Roberts as a second radio but it is rather ancient.

I might go for the new Roberts one even though it is not portable, if I can't repair the Evoke Flow then will get something else portable that does not have Internet access.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was just a ribbon cable that had popped out of its "socket" so working OK again. Just need to get another battery pack .....
  • Options
    Hot HitsHot Hits Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone tell me how to register one of these. I have no numbers to type in etc. Have e mailed them and ... no reponse!

Thank you if you can help!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Hits wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to register one of these. I have no numbers to type in etc. Have e mailed them and ... no reponse!

I asked Pure after getting my replacement radio

You go online then
    Where you see your devices listed you will have a code listed above them.

Make a note of this code and on your radio, select the Lounge (or Pure connect) as a source and then tap Options > the lounge (Pure connect) settings > register. You can then enter the code here and your radio will be registered.

Your warranty is validated by your receipt so retain this in the event of any problems with your radio.
  • Options
    CharlieCharlie Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Hits wrote: »

Register at The Lounge/Pure connect and the website generates the code for you to enter in internet enabled radios.
    Under My Account there's a tab for Devices in Lounge and Devices under the email address in Connect.

http://new.thelounge.com/uk
    http://connect.pure.com/p#!/uk
  • Options
    Mike NassourMike Nassour Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Hey folks...! Earlier today, both of my Evoke Flows were up and running. Tonight NEITHER of them can connect. Is anyone else having this issue? Two other Internet radios that I have are working fine.

thanks!
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks...! Earlier today, both of my Evoke Flows were up and running. Tonight NEITHER of them can connect. Is anyone else having this issue? Two other Internet radios that I have are working fine.

thanks!
    Have you tried turning our router off and on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yea, no difference. They're finding the network. They just can't talk to Pure Connect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Same with my One Flow.:mad: Looked on the Pure service status.That says no problems., Obviously having problems. I reset the damn thing. and I thought all was okay. That was until I switched it on again and the message connecting stayed on!
    Seems like a Pure problem.
  • Options
    LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried my Pure Evoke Flow and having the same "Unable to connect" message.
  • Options
    moordown66moordown66 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had one then got a Roberts R83. Best move I made!
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Getting very worried after reading all this
    My Evoke is with them at the moment being looked at
    I switched on one morning to find green backlight and no display at all
    The volume stuck at one level and unable to change station !!
    I purchased it originally as I was told they are amongst the best in the market
    Now I'm not so sure...:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Getting very worried after reading all this
    My Evoke is with them at the moment being looked at
    I switched on one morning to find green backlight and no display at all
    The volume stuck at one level and unable to change station !!
    I purchased it originally as I was told they are amongst the best in the market
    Now I'm not so sure...:eek:

It's always the same on forums,,GORTONIAN,, I afraid. You hear stories about computers, broadband, radios, TVs and other services being piss poor.
    In reality, if it works for you then in doesn't need replacing. Up until this morning my Pure One Flow radio worked fine. It's a glitch in the system, that's all.
    Look forward to many happy and uninterrupted hours, of listening, when your radio comes back from the hospital.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been using mine most the weekend and mine is fine.
  • Options
    LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All is well with my Pure Evoke now I am pleased to announce.
    I don't usually have problems with it , on the whole it's a good piece of equipment. Much better than it's predecessor the Logik R100 which was a temperamental little sod at the best of times!
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Evoke Flow was also having trouble connecting to Pure this morning, but all is well now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another forum confirms that yes, there WAS a Pure network outage that lasted until sometime between 9 and 11 this morning. This is NOT the first time this has happened with Pure, I personally remember two others this year.

Is there ANY Internet radio that is not dependent on a main server for either 1) its station list or 2) its complete functionality, as the Pure radios seem to be?
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, so it wasn't just me then? I wasted a good 30-45 minutes navigating through FAQ on the Pure Connect website in the early hours of Sunday trying to determine whether or not my Pure One flow was faulty; then resetting it and recalibrating it to my router - twice. Total waste of time@! It worked fine later in the day. The website did have a news section mentioning a planned outage earlier in the summer, but nothing about this. It must have caught them off guard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, the only way I knew it wasn't an issue on my end was that BOTH my radios failed at the exact same moment. I think the chances of that happening were rather small!

Here's the first response from PURE, via FB.
    PURE Hi Mike, truly sorry about your problems, we found out this morning that we have had a short issue over the weekend on the technical side which might have affected your radio. The problem has been fixed this morning and we are also working on long term improvements to prevent these problems in the future. Apologies to you again for your problems. For the future, the best and quickest way to get help is to contact customer services directly via http://support.pure.com/newticket.php...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Folks...I now have a response from PURE on the outage a week ago. I'm told it was caused by a known technical issue with the server. They seem sure the issue has now been taken care of. In other news, there are plans for parallel servers to minimize the effect of any future outages. These should be in place by the end of October.

I'm also told that the Evoke SHOULD default to the last played station, should it not find its database or the server itself. Obviously, this is not happening.

They currently have no automatic way to let folks know about a server outage, but are working on options that include Twitter and/or Facebook. In addition, the note on the radios that sends us to a page where there is NO information ( connect.pure.com/me) will be addressed.

It was a nice note, I'm not posting it in full as I don't believe in releasing other folks emails without their permission and I don't have that. But this summary is the information that I received.