Strictly Come Dancing: The Next Series [Autumn 2014]

I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello, everybody! As an introduction, that seems far too formal for a group of people I class as dear friends (it also sounds reminiscent of the opening bars of a pantomime) however, such a formality is necessary I feel. You may (most likely may not) have noticed that I've not posted much on this, nor any, forum for quite a while now as I've had a lot to contend with in my personal life. As ever, I've been watching Strictly avidly these past few weeks and I've been reminded of the enjoyment that I took from writing my own Strictly 'series': even if my series completion rate is an overwhelming 0%.

So, I suppose, this is another crack of the whip at these games. The cast I've decided upon is one I'm quite fond of: there's someone for everybody, so hopefully, you'll all enjoy the series as much as I have enjoyed writing it so far!

There'll be some announcements in the coming hours and minutes, surrounding the cast and an exciting twist I have planned to increase viewer's participation more than ever. After all, if the lovely forumites are invested in the series', perhaps, for once I will see it through.
Strictly Come Dancing: The Next Series starts now.

Comments

• winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look forward to this! :) Surely your completion rate isn't 0%! :eek: I remember compiling a chart at the start of the year of people's Strictly series and working out people's completion rates! :blush::p
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This exceptionally crafted, I'm sure you'll agree, vote card is your ticket to increased participation in this series. It's something that I'm excited about, as, it truly means that none of the couples are safe.

As with similar games, you'll rank the contestants in order of preference from fourteen to one. These totals shall then be transferred into points, and, these points will be combined with the corresponding points from each couples position on the leaderboard.

However, in addition to your ranked vote each forum member has been given an extra 250 votes to be allocated as they wish across the course of the series. If you want to, you could 'spend' all of your extra votes in one evening, however, that will mean that from that point forward you shall only have your standardised ranked vote to play with.

If one of your favourites is in a precarious position, you may want to give your votes to them in order to secure their overall total when the numbers are combined. Or, you may just want to ensure that your favourite, perhaps the best dancer in the show, isn't at risk of falling at the first hurdle.

All of these 'extra' votes must be used prior to the semi-final. You are able to use them on however many contestants you like, so, you could use 20 on one couple and 35 on other. You've only got 250 though, so, make them count.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diana Vickers is the first celebrity to be confirmed for the line-up for 'Strictly Come Dancing: The Next Series'.

The singer made the announcement this morning as she promoted her new Sky Living comedy series, Give Out Girls, on BBC Breakfast.

"I've always been a fan of Strictly! I'm such a girly girl and the whole premise of the show appeals to me - the entire show outdoes itself every year and It's something I've wanted to do for years," said Diana.

"I've immersed myself completely into my music in recent years, and, I've definitely started to take more risks in my career in terms of the projects I take on. I've done a fashion range, I've done a TV show so I'm hoping that I can find my feet on Strictly and, hopefully, do some dancing!" she continued.

The 23 year old first found fame on 'The X Factor' in 2008: reaching the semi-finals. She released her debut album Songs from the Tainted Cherry Tree in 2010, preceded by her number one single 'Once'. Her second album Music to Make Boys Cry was released last September and, like her debut, received positive reviews. Away from her music career, Diana has also carved a career as an award-winning actress following a critically acclaimed performance in the West End revival of The Rise and Fall of Little Voice.

Diana shall compete against thirteen other celebrities when the show returns this Autumn.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this Jess. :) The 250 points thing is exciting (and quite scary), what if there is someone I truly hate and someone gives them a 250 point voting advantage. :cry: If there's any attractive men I have a feeling my votes will be going to them. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, Diana. :D She was my favourite of Cheryl's girls the year she was on, will she be dancing in shoes or will she go bare foot again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    winter99 wrote: »
    Look forward to this! :) Surely your completion rate isn't 0%! :eek: I remember compiling a chart at the start of the year of people's Strictly series and working out people's completion rates! :blush::p
    Thanks for showing some enthusiasm, Nick! I've completed two Dancing with the Stars series', but, as far as I can remember my Strictly ones have fallen harder than Gregg Wallace's dancing career.
    Looking forward to this Jess. :) The 250 points thing is exciting (and quite scary), what if there is someone I truly hate and someone gives them a 250 point voting advantage. :cry: If there's any attractive men I have a feeling my votes will be going to them. ;)

Well said person will have run out of their extra votes so you'll always have a chance to get rid of them the following week. I really wouldn't advise using all of your votes at once though, then you're playing with fire when it comes to your favourites!
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Diana <3

Great twist Jess
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loose Women's Kaye Adams is the second celebrity confirmed to be taking part in this year's edition of 'Strictly Come Dancing: The Next Series'.

Adams made the announcement on Loose Women this lunchtime.

The television presenter - who returned to the ITV daytime talk show following an absence of seven years last November - said that she 'had been bursting to tell people' ever since her 'Strictly' deal was finalised.

Speaking to her fellow panelists, including fellow Strictly contestant Penny Lancaster, Kaye revealed that she is 'yet to meet her fellow contestants' and 'is finding out who is appearing at the same time as the public'. When pressed for details on how much confidence she has in her dancing abilities, Kaye simply laughed and shook her head.

Kaye joins singer-songwriter Diana Vickers in the line-up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's hardly Jamelia or Janet is she? Then again, she also isn't Coleen Nolan so it could be worse. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's hardly Jamelia or Janet is she? Then again, she also isn't Coleen Nolan so it could be worse. :D

... well, I hope that the Dancing on Ice legend that is included in the line-up hasn't offended you as much as Coleen. :D
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this!
    Forum Member
    Loose Women's Kaye Adams is the second celebrity confirmed to be taking part in this year's edition of 'Strictly Come Dancing: The Next Series'.

Adams made the announcement on Loose Women this lunchtime.

The television presenter - who returned to the ITV daytime talk show following an absence of seven years last November - said that she 'had been bursting to tell people' ever since her 'Strictly' deal was finalised.

Speaking to her fellow panelists, including fellow Strictly contestant Penny Lancaster, Kaye revealed that she is 'yet to meet her fellow contestants' and 'is finding out who is appearing at the same time as the public'. When pressed for details on how much confidence she has in her dancing abilities, Kaye simply laughed and shook her head.

Kaye joins singer-songwriter Diana Vickers in the line-up.

I know where my 250 are going.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope Kaye has more dance ability than her fellow Scotswomen Judy Murray.
    Forum Member
    Let's hope Kaye has more dance ability than her fellow Scotswomen Judy Murray.

Kaye is a babe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stage and television actor Clive Rowe is the third celebrity to be confirmed for the upcoming 'Strictly Come Dancing: The Next Series'.

The 50-year-old is perhaps best known for his role in Children's television show The Story of Tracy Beaker but his television credits stretch far further. Over his twenty-five year career, Clive has made appearances in The Bill, Dalziel and Pascoe and more recently, Doctor Who.

Rowe made no secret of his excitement to be taking part in the hit series. Speaking on The One Show, Clive said: "I'm a massive 'sofa Strictly' fan. I love to watch it but I never in a million years thought I'd be competing on it. I know that I'm going to be a fair bit larger than the other contestants but, in all honesty, I don't see that as a hindrance. I have looked to past contestants like Lisa Riley and Mark Benton for advice, I may be big: but I have a big passion for learning new skills."

Clive Rowe joins singer-songwriter Diana Vickers and television presenter Kaye Adams in the line-up.
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wouldn't look to Lisa Riley for advice. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I really wouldn't look to Lisa Riley for advice. :D

No one can 'do it for the big girls' like she can. >:(

I still watch her Cha-Cha-Cha to this day, unashamedly! Her following performances though, not so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now we've had the series' resident fatty, can we have the hunk? :p
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Duke! :D:D:D:D

Loving the cast so far, if the Dancing On Ice contestant is Chemmy I may just die of amazing overload.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bobby Lockwood is the fourth celebrity to be confirmed for the line-up of 'Strictly Come Dancing: The Next Series'.

The Wolfblood and House of Anubis star is said to have impressed bosses with his work ethic and infectious personality on fellow BBC One show Tumble. Despite injury affecting his final performances on the show, 21-year-old Bobby still emerged victorious and won his way into the hearts of the public, as well as the Strictly producers!

Speaking in a clip posted on the show's official website, Lockwood thanked producers for the opportunity.

"Strictly is the number one show, isn't it? It's an opportunity I'm grateful for, especially after Tumble. These show's really become your life, I genuinely felt empty after Tumble had finished as you become some wrapped up in it all. It'll be great to get back on the saddle and learn something else. If all else fails, I can always bring out an aerial hoop!"

'Strictly Come Dancing: The Next Series' returns this autumn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's turning into a bigger reality **** than Katie Price. :p

I do like him though, he was very cute on Tumble. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean Lamont is the fifth star to sign up for 'Strictly Come Dancing: The Next Series'.

The rugby star will follow in the footsteps of fellow sportsmen Austin Healey, Ben Cohen, Matt Dawson, Gavin Henson and Thom Evans by joining the BBC competition.

"I'm completely prepared for the ribbing I'll get in the changing rooms if I don't live up to expectation. My brother [and fellow rugby player] Rory is gutted that I got the Strictly call before he did. He'll be in the audience nearly every week though, I hope."

The rugby hunk shouldn't be too worried by the tight Strictly outfits: given his well-documented appearance in the annual Dieux du Stade calendar.

'Strictly Come Dancing: The Next Series' airs this autumn.
    Forum Member
    Bobby and Kaye... How am I gonna choose?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veteran comedy actress Su Pollard shall be bringing the laughs to this year's Strictly line-up.

The eccentric actress and singer is no stranger to Strictly Come Dancing, having appeared on the 2011 Christmas special.

Known for her roles in situation comedies Hi-de-Hi! and You Rang, M'Lord?, the sixty-four year old is the oldest contestant taking to the floor this year: but Su is adamant that her age won't deter her from taking home the Strictly glitterball.

"Me and the public, we're the same. We have that connection, y'see. They laugh at me and with me, I'm born to be on Strictly: it's entertainment gold. I did it a few years ago for a Christmas special, I was useless. I'm doing it this year, I'll be useless. But when did that ever stop anyone. I'm still alive aren't I? There's always a chance. The poor costume department have a problem with me though, they've got to make me look even more attractive than I already am!"

Su is the third female contestant to be confirmed for the show and is the sixth contestant to be confirmed overall. The line-up so far includes Diana Vickers, Kaye Adams, Su Pollard, Sean Lamont, Bobby Lockwood and Clive Rowe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean Lamont is definitely my favourite of the 5 rugby players I've heard of.

Su Pollard is not so appealing.