Options

Need someone to write me Doctor Who Scripts

Comments

• Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, cazz is right. Perhaps a list of episdoe titles and authors. Not all of them of course. Just the first ones say or the ones you want to ne revealed. :rolleyes:

I think Dalekaddisons was the first person who did me a script or possibly the second person. I know he was the first guy to write me a two parter.

Hopefully Blacktear will continue the excert he sent me as its a good start to the story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    steven1977 wrote: »
    If they did I think that would spoil the story. Just got my 6 Doctors story in my hands now. A 2 parter and Ive now been told the season Finale is being written and should be on my desk in roughly 2 weeks.

Sorry Blacktear I didnt reply to your PM I guess I must of missed it when replying to everyone else.

As far as casting a Doctor thats going to be one of the most important decisions to make. At the moment people are discussing what the Doctor is going to wear and a costume is being made at the moment.

How can you make a costume when you dont know the actors sizes???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mass09 wrote: »
    How can you make a costume when you dont know the actors sizes???

That will be catered for. Clothes can easily be resized for that person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand. Just the designs like the celery or whatever. I understand! :D

(any chance of some episode titles? :) Because, honestly, i can't even remmeber my first two! :D)
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That will be catered for. Clothes can easily be resized for that person.

seems an extra expense to resize when you can just make the right size once you have the correct person....I thought this was going to be on a shoestring when this thread started, I guess your investors have plenty to throw around.

I previously asked about locations you have in mind...any updates?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

(any chance of some episode titles? :) Because, honestly, i can't even remmeber my first two! :D)

You mean you dont have a copy saved?:eek: Any plans on going to visit locations etc when your creation goes into production?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Im just jiggling around the episodes in the order they ll be so that will be finalised tomorrow when I work out a order.

Ok yeah episode titles I remember one being Past Imprefect and another called The End of the Universe. Ill get a list sorted out tomorrow.

As for what cazz asked me yes I do have a vague location in mind that will reoccur quite a bit. Their a pretty bit playing field about a 10 minute walk from me that I plan on using. It has lots of space and a nice bunch of trees that could look like a jungle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i sent an excerpt to steven and have had no reply. therefore i'm not going to do it. sorry =)

Did you get my PM ok? I did enjoy the excerpt you sent me and would be interested in this being adapted into a full episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a offer for someone to write me the final episode and they have given me a plot to their story and it sounds pretty decent so Im going to offer the story to that person.

They are busy writing it and have promised it to me for next week. So all going well I should have the final 3 episodes on my desk literally in a weeks time.

On a plus note Ive been asked about a Christmas special and Ive been given a basic line to the info on the story. Things are going nicely along so I really must get in touch with the guys who are doing the special effects and see how they re coming along with the title sequence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a offer for someone to write me the final episode and they have given me a plot to their story and it sounds pretty decent so Im going to offer the story to that person.

They are busy writing it and have promised it to me for next week. So all going well I should have the final 3 episodes on my desk literally in a weeks time.

On a plus note Ive been asked about a Christmas special and Ive been given a basic line to the info on the story. Things are going nicely along so I really must get in touch with the guys who are doing the special effects and see how they re coming along with the title sequence.

It's exciting :D.

You may have to change the cryptic message in mine to fit the new finale.

Oh, i tried to make some CGI for the TARDIS orbiting Neptune on the freeware Anim8or. However, postproduction editing and youtube compression ruined the video completely. :) I'm not that good with Sony Vegas.

But i think you may be able to make the effects better with better quality models. I have seen some really good ones on Turbosquid (Just bung it in google) and they even have a high detailed model of the new Matt Smith TARDIS. But thet are really expensive. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's exciting :D.

You may have to change the cryptic message in mine to fit the new finale.

Oh, i tried to make some CGI for the TARDIS orbiting Neptune on the freeware Anim8or. However, postproduction editing and youtube compression ruined the video completely. :) I'm not that good with Sony Vegas.

But i think you may be able to make the effects better with better quality models. I have seen some really good ones on Turbosquid (Just bung it in google) and they even have a high detailed model of the new Matt Smith TARDIS. But thet are really expensive. :(

Yeah a few people have advised me that the people doing the special effects not to rush it. I think the product will be better if they take their time. Did you ever see the one that appeared on War Games DVD? Apparently they ve been filming their production for over 15 years. That wait time seems a bit extreme.
  • Options
    swadeyswadey Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    AN OPEN NOTE TO ANYONE WHO HAS SUBMITTED STORIES TO STEVEN...

It transpires that he is not preparing any DVD, has no tangible proof that he has comitted any capital to the project, (have you seen anything TANGIBLE from him other than posts on this board).

If Steven could provide PROOF of his comittment, such as photo's of his props, a CV of his work, contacts of other people comitted to this project.

His responses are totally bizzare : Such as his response to a poster on costume sizes... "They can be made to fit".

The whole thing is a joke.

**** DO NOT SUBMIT ANYTHING FURTHER *****

I am in the process of contacting the moderator about this fellow.

Just remember : He's doing a mammoth 12 stories, has NO equipment, has NO locations set, has NO defined cast, HAS NO DIGITAL CAMERA !!! Doesn't know how to upload PHOTO's....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, anyone wasting time writing scripts for this is wasting their time. It would cost a hell of a lot of money/people/resources to actually make.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swadey wrote: »

It transpires that he is not preparing any DVD, has no tangible proof that he has comitted any capital to the project, (have you seen anything TANGIBLE from him other than posts on this board).

If Steven could provide PROOF of his comittment, such as photo's of his props, a CV of his work, contacts of other people comitted to this project.

His responses are totally bizzare : Such as his response to a poster on costume sizes... "They can be made to fit".

Just remember : He's doing a mammoth 12 stories, has NO equipment, has NO locations set, has NO defined cast, HAS NO DIGITAL CAMERA !!! Doesn't know how to upload PHOTO's....

Agree with you. I have watched this thread to what fiction Steven comes up with next about his so called production. I originally thought it was a spoof joke thingy which would go away but he continues to post:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its absolutely rediculous this thread has gone on for so long.

When asked to provide vids or pics of the set, his reply was simply he had no camera.

How did he intend to shoot?

Also, making the costumes before casting actors: WTF??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    agreed. but then, what does he need the scripts for if he's not going to provide proof. no spoilers, no nothing. even the original titles he provided back in january seemed... suspicious.

also, notice how he ALWAYS answers to a writer. but after the open warning had been made, there's no comment from steven.

cazz and i have discussed this: this thread is suspicious and always has been. he knew his game was ending when he told us:
    Yeah a few people have advised me that the people doing the special effects not to rush it. I think the product will be better if they take their time.

Trying to buy time for a project which is failing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swadey wrote: »

Excuse me but the whole thing is not a joke. Did it ever occur to you that maybe ive been busy as of late. People do have lives outside the internet you know.

Im quite disguisted by the rudeness of you and others considering Ive been polite in every message. Sadly your misinformed because I do have equipment and Im looking for various location shoots. Things take time.

As for a CV of my work I dont have one. Contacts of people involved I will never supply because thats confidential. I dont see where you get off acting like this. I suggest you go to the gallifreybase website because those guys there will tell you that these things take time. People can take months making projects because ITS IN THEIR LESURE TIME! Plus when the other people involved have the time to travel to make things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gumshoe wrote: »
    Yeah, anyone wasting time writing scripts for this is wasting their time. It would cost a hell of a lot of money/people/resources to actually make.

Why would that be? Look up doctorwho fan vids on google and you ll find your answer.
    Its absolutely rediculous this thread has gone on for so long.

When asked to provide vids or pics of the set, his reply was simply he had no camera.

How did he intend to shoot?

Also, making the costumes before casting actors: WTF??

Of course I have a camera. I have a camcorder but dont have a digital cam to take pics. Making costumes is easy because going for people with the same build is easy so theiy fit everyone.
    cazzz wrote: »
    Agree with you. I have watched this thread to what fiction Steven comes up with next about his so called production. I originally thought it was a spoof joke thingy which would go away but he continues to post:confused:

I suggest visiting the biggest sr who website in gallifreybase. Theirs a section on fan vids there. Ask them how long it takes to film if you need a more definitive answer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i see an update so have edited this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agreed. but then, what does he need the scripts for if he's not going to provide proof. no spoilers, no nothing. even the original titles he provided back in january seemed... suspicious.

also, notice how he ALWAYS answers to a writer. but after the open warning had been made, there's no comment from steven.

cazz and i have discussed this: this thread is suspicious and always has been. he knew his game was ending when he told us:

Trying to buy time for a project which is failing.

I am taking my time with this project. DONT RUSH ME! As I said before Ive been busy. I cant just come on and post immediately just because your online all day. The scripts will be filmed in good time. It takes time you know.
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Do you still need scripts, or are you fully booked?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would that be? Look up doctorwho fan vids on google and you ll find your answer.

Of course I have a camera. I have a camcorder but dont have a digital cam to take pics. Making costumes is easy because going for people with the same build is easy so theiy fit everyone.

I suggest visiting the biggest sr who website in gallifreybase. Theirs a section on fan vids there. Ask them how long it takes to film if you need a more definitive answer.

I am not a member of GB. I had wondered why you didnt do 1 script at a time, film it and then go onto the next rather than film all scripts in one go? maybe you have past experience of doing things like this and know its best to do all together.

You did say you were not editing any scripts so I presumed that to mean that each episode was independent of the next and no story arc needed.

I just wondered why you hadnt dipped your toe in the water with 1 first to see what problems crop up which you can then look out for in the next episode etc. Obviously I have no experience in filmmaking so there must be some benefit to waiting for all scripts to come in and then filming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steven, you say you have a camcorder but no digital photo camera... could you not film some sets or costumes and up that to youtube?
  • Options
    ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    hi cheack out this therd and tell e what you think www.digitalspy.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=39940825#post39940825:D:eek:
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Steven, you say you have a camcorder but no digital photo camera... could you not film some sets or costumes and up that to youtube?

It is pretty straight forward to film something on a camcorder, upload it onto a computer, I would assume that Steven has editing software, and take screen grabs.

I would assume that considering this mammoth 13 episode plus Xmas special at least some costumes and basic sets have begun. Steven has said that he has a nearby location in the form of a local woods, that's fine but I would hazard a guess that the scripts (scripts that have had no guidelines on what sets/locations can and cannot be used) will not all be set in woodland.

Steven I think its time you started to show the writers that have submitted their work to you, even if it is by personal emails to them and not to this forum as a whole, that you are indeed putting things in place, even basic of sets. Where are you planning to build these sets, what locations are you going to use for sets you cannot build.

You say that other fan productions have managed to make episodes but what you are saying you will be doing is in a totally different league than your usual fan work.

Take the recent 'fire and ice' fan work, that will have been written by the people that were making it, i.e it explains why most of it was set in woodlands, budget reasons. With submitted scripts by different people (again with no guidelines, basically anything goes, loads of Daleks, different worlds, Time Wars, Time Lords, MASSIVE special effects, you have yet to provide the slightest proof to the people here that have submitted scripts to you information on how you are going to achieve all this.

Do you have a picture of your Tardis set, do you have a tardis set?

Ive followed this thread from day one, bit my tounge many times but now I fear you are just taking people here for a ride. You have not provided the slightest proof of your intentions, and even not having anything to show, be it a costume or set, is really telling. Considering you are putting together a mammoth 13 episodes plus Xmas special and you don't even have a mobile phone with a camera to show the writers that have submitted their work to you of your intentions it is more than understandable why some are highly suspicious of your claims as many months on you have nothing at all to show nothing whatsoever.

If someone here has submitted a script could they give a few locations and details of sets within their story and also a BIG effects scene and what that scene involves and could you Steven say how you are going to implement those ideas.

If you had said you were going to pick one script out of the ones you have revived to make a one off piece of fan work, and you chose that script in terms of budgetary costs, i.e simple locations, lack of CGI then fair enough but to say you are going to take 13 'unsolicited' scripts and turn them ito a full series is frankly pie in the sky, it is nonsense.

Do you have anything to show to those forum members that have provided you with their work because all you have provided are weak excuses like kids being on holiday, one costume fits all type scenarios. Surely the people you say will be making the CGI effects have been working on even the most basic of ideas. Maybe you could up load these, even if it is the most basic CGI model of a Dalek.