Fearless - Jeff Bridges (1993)

Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
Forum Member
✭✭
Directed by Peter Weir

This seems to be a bit of sleeper one - remember it was referenced in Father Ted - the airplane one ("Not many people have seen it, it's probably not a good reference")

Anyone seen it - opinions?

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a proper UK DVD release of this - considering it's by Peter Weir, starring Jeff Bridges, and from the 90s, seems strange. It didn't seem to do that well on release, but considering the names and weight behind it it's hardly an obscure film.

I was hoping for some kind of proper bells-and-whistles 20th anniversary version, but there doesn't seem to anything forthcoming.

Comments

• AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, I remember the film quite well. In fact, when I lived in San Francisco, they were filming across the street from where I worked at the time. (the scene where Jeff Bridges in a dream sequence standing on top of a building).

I don't remember how well it did or did not do, but the cast was good with Jeff Bridges, Isabella Rossellini and Rosie Perez (who was probably better known in the US than in the UK).

The emotional air crash scene was always said to be one of the best in films (at least at the time). For those who have not seen it, it's a film that deals with surviving an airline crash and the guilt / trauma associated with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY_6de4Tdaw
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Directed by Peter Weir

This seems to be a bit of sleeper one - remember it was referenced in Father Ted - the airplane one ("Not many people have seen it, it's probably not a good reference")

Anyone seen it - opinions?

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a proper UK DVD release of this - considering it's by Peter Weir, starring Jeff Bridges, and from the 90s, seems strange. It didn't seem to do that well on release, but considering the names and weight behind it it's hardly an obscure film.

I was hoping for some kind of proper bells-and-whistles 20th anniversary version, but there doesn't seem to anything forthcoming.

Its a gr8 movie, quite long and it concerns itself with Jeff Bridges coming to terms with the fact that he was one of a small group of survivors from an airplane crash.

He helps a mother (Rosie Perez), come to terms with the death of her baby and why she survived the crash. The film follows Bridges as he meets people from his 'past' (pre-crash) and tries to connect with them and his family, whilst he heads towards a breakdown of sorts. A brilliant film with depth, made on a hollywood budget .

And yep, i've waiting for a dvd/blu ray release for years!