Options

Have you ever had tears in your eyes from looking at old pictures of yourself?

2»

Comments

• Options
    toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a lot yes, because i've had a bit of a journey

At my biggest I was 19 stone, 42 waist, 52 chest and xxxl, got to 12 stone, developed Hodgkins Lymphoma, went up to 16 stone through steroids and treatment.

Been in remission almost 2 years now, and i'm down to 9 stone, 26/28 waist, 34 chest and xtra small t shirts, i've ran the Manchester 10k and Great North Run this year

I look back at pics of the old me, and I cry, because they were photos when my mum was still alive (she died while I had cancer), I cry because of how far i've come, how far i've changed, because of all that i've achieved, because of the old person I used to be that will never return again (life and events have changed that for me) but emotional because I much prefer the new me, who is active, sporty, fun, no longer shy and a nice guy
  • Options
    Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xp95 wrote: »
    I sometimes used to when looking at pictures of myself when I was a very young child and some pictures of when I was only a few months old.

So has anybody here ever had tears in their eyes from looking at old pictures of themselves?

No, my pictures from when I was little make me giggle. I've always been told I was a very happy smiley child, but looking at those pictures now it does seem I really was ridiculously happy with my lot in life.
    Very loving parents and three older sisters who adored me and used to show me off to their friends as some kind of cute little kitten :D

Pictures of my teenage years would be a different matter altogether though, I've probably destroyed most of them because I was a typical teenager of the self-loathing kind. My mum - bless - claims I was still lovely, but I have some serious doubts about that.
    If I came across my teenage self now, I'd probably want to strangle myself for being so horribly stroppy and obnoxious.
  • Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tears of laughter, there's a picture of me and my mates and we look like the Jackson Five!
  • Options
    Jessica LeMoneJessica LeMone Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    xp95 wrote: »
    Did you have the Carol Decker style hairstyle? :D

No my hair was dark brown. I did used to make my own clothes and would copy stuff from fashion mags. What surprises me is that I actually went to the school disco wearing my homemade outfits :o
  • Options
    xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tears of laughter, there's a picture of me and my mates and we look like the Jackson Five!
    Awww.... how cute. :):cool: