Options

Whitney Houston’s daughter Found Unresponsive in Roswell home

Comments

• Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they've now switched the machine off? Someone told me that they had on 10th February, but now I see that isn't true, and on the internet, there's loads of conflicting stories, although I doubt they've turned it off yet, as it would have been on the news alot surely?

No they haven't. She was brought out of her medically induced coma a day or two ago but started having seizures ( which may or may not be a good sign) so the put her back under.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    No they haven't. She was brought out of her medically induced coma a day or two ago but started having seizures ( which may or may not be a good sign) so the put her back under.
    ok, thanks for telling me. Have no idea what condition she could be in, if she does recover from this, but I just think it may be kínder for all and for herself if they decided to "let her go".

Maybe she actually wanted to go in the first place?
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so tragic.
    Poor girl.:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The poor girl. :(

It sounds like they really should let her go.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely after over a month in a coma she'll have brain damage by now? and the seizures could cause more damage themselves?
    What point is there keeping people artificially alive when theres no hope?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Surely after over a month in a coma she'll have brain damage by now? and the seizures could cause more damage themselves?
    What point is there keeping people artificially alive when theres no hope?

I don't fully understand but I think the point is that there is still a small amount of hope. Maybe not that she will fully recover but that she might have some kind of recovery.

Michael Schumacher was in a medically induced coma for 5-6 months. Ok he's probably paralysed and in a wheelchair, but it makes a difference to his family that he's still here.

I'm not sure there is a right answer to any of this.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I am using internet newspapers to check on this sad case but the reporting had been ridiculous. One day you read the family will turn off the life support, then it it denied by the family then you read on the anniversary of Whitney's death the family will turn off the life support and now we read that they are trying to bring Bobbi out of the chemical coma but are having problems. What on earth is the truth and why don't journalists confirm facts before going into print rather than this ridiculous "A friend of the family said" which turns out to be completely untrue!!! Nodbody seems to know what is actually happening and it is all just speculation.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am using internet newspapers to check on this sad case but the reporting had been ridiculous. One day you read the family will turn off the life support, then it it denied by the family then you read on the anniversary of Whitney's death the family will turn off the life support and now we read that they are trying to bring Bobbi out of the chemical coma but are having problems. What on earth is the truth and why don't journalists confirm facts before going into print rather than this ridiculous "A friend of the family said" which turns out to be completely untrue!!! Nodbody seems to know what is actually happening and it is all just speculation.

That is exactly how it should be.

• Options
    Forum Member
    I don't fully understand but I think the point is that there is still a small amount of hope. Maybe not that she will fully recover but that she might have some kind of recovery.

Michael Schumacher was in a medically induced coma for 5-6 months. Ok he's probably paralysed and in a wheelchair, but it makes a difference to his family that he's still here.

I'm not sure there is a right answer to any of this.

There are various reports here in Germany that Michael's condition is pretty dire, severe brain damage, he cannot speak, communicates by blinking and they are still trying to get him into a wheelchair. One report said he cries when he hears the voices of his children. God Almighty. What a situation to be in. Heartbreaking. People talk about "fighting Michael" but what do they expect from him????

Bobbi's father sounds, if we can believe the reports, desperate to keep Bobbi alive. Shame he was not around to support her when she needed him. Apparently they have only seen each other five times since Whitney died!! Of course, that fact could be completely false too. Who knows!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is exactly how it should be.

If that is the case why do we constantly read article after article from the journalists? Now I no longer bother to read them. So tragic that a young girl that had so much ends up like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    That's absolute rubbish in all honesty.

Being bought up in whatever circumstances doesn't always define the person you become. I was bought up with an alcoholic, I'm not an alcoholic nor wayward or "damaged" in any way because of it, same goes for millions in the world.

I was actually saying that out of all the showbiz kids, Bobbi-Kristina was the only one who was genuinely quite grounded considering the stuff she must've seen in her life. Although I'm sure Bobbi-Kristina wasn't sheltered 100% from her mother's state, I do believe that Whitney had her daughter's best interests at heart and wasn't a bad mother at all.

Sorry, I agree that Whitney and Bobby were ghastly parents. Totally self involved. Sure Bobbi made her own choices but had no guidance in her life was totally spoilt and had access to TONS AND TONS of money which made going down the road of drugs easy. She was also surrounded by people who never said No!! They did not want to get off the gravy train of easy money. I think DRUGS AND MONEY are a very dangerous combination. Bobbi never had to worry about being responsible for herself or others. Goodness me, she had an affair (some say marriage) to her Foster/Step brother?? Not normal behaviour.

I too know people who have had awful childhoods due to divorce, drugs and alcohol but they did not have to deal with the fame, money and hangers-on that are in the entertainment world.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not a good sign, think it is all complicated by the fact that she had been taking drugs before they found her in the bath tube. Nobody knows how long she has been taking various drugs but I remember her being taken to hospital when Whitney died due to a drug overdose. The possibility of a full recover looks bleak.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds like they need to let her go. I can't imagine her coming out of this and living a good life after all this time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    It sounds like they need to let her go. I can't imagine her coming out of this and living a good life after all this time.

I agree. After being comatose for so long there is little hope she'll recover to have a decent quality of life.
    Sorry to sound cold but medical care is extortionate in the States, won't the family run out of money eventually??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. After being comatose for so long there is little hope she'll recover to have a decent quality of life.
    Sorry to sound cold but medical care is extortionate in the States, won't the family run out of money eventually??

I'm sure it's easy for us to say as outsiders with no emotional connection but to me it seems cruel when people are kept on life support for years and years. I know you do get miracle recoveries but I personally would hate to be kept in that sort of state for who knows how long. I feel so sad for Bobbi Kristina. It's a terrible thing to happen to someone so young.
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    I saw something (unrelated) on line today that made me think about this young woman so I looked up to see how she is...much the same it would (sadly) seem.

Bobbi Kristina Brown health condition update: Houstons believe God should be in control

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/bobbi.kristina.brown.health.update.houstons.believe.god.should.be.in.control/52288.htm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    I saw something (unrelated) on line today that made me think about this young woman so I looked up to see how she is...much the same it would (sadly) seem.

Bobbi Kristina Brown health condition update: Houstons believe God should be in control

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/bobbi.kristina.brown.health.update.houstons.believe.god.should.be.in.control/52288.htm
    Money permitting if she's stable she could be kept alive for YEARS in her current state. Although I sympathise with the family, it is cruel giving them false hope when she is unlikely to ever improve from her current status.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they ever establish the circumstances of what happened?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money permitting if she's stable she could be kept alive for YEARS in her current state. Although I sympathise with the family, it is cruel giving them false hope when she is unlikely to ever improve from her current status.

I don't know- if she's kept out of pain is it so wrong to give the family time to come to terms with her loss? To give them the opportunity to try everything- she's 22 I can see why they want to keep fighting.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If true then the wonders of medicine is truly remarkable, here's hoping that she is able to have some form of good recovery from this.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's unfortunately very difficult to know for sure if the doctors aren't saying anything. These comments from him and the aunt could be very promising news.. or they could be a very positive spin on what's actually the reality of the situation. Theres no way of knowing. And that's perhaps how it should be really as it's her private life.
  • Options
    ellie1167ellie1167 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »

Then they should try removing machines and tubes and see what God does. Because at the moment man is in control.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellie1167 wrote: »
    Then they should try removing machines and tubes and see what God does. Because at the moment man is in control.

Bobby and his sister Tina are claiming that she is off the life support machines.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bobbi-kristina-brown-awake-no-longer-on-life-support-say-family-2015204