Options

Katie Price pulls out of session with Pamela Connolly

Comments

• Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hahaa she probably did a bit of a google, discovered exactly what type of interviewing 'Doc' Pam does and chickened out.

"ere, I'm not havin' that cow ask me personal questions coz everyone knows I don't like to talk about me and Alex and my books and my kids and my perfumes and my bras and all my many business interests wot wiv me being a private person and stuff...."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised she pulled out. She needs serious help and not some quack televised session.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why she agreed to it in the first place?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure Dr Connolly would've gone easy on her, like she did on Heather Mills, so I wonder what the problem was.

Can I just say though that I love her husband. (Pamela's that is, not Jordan's!)
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere she'd gotten her mixed up with a radio phone-in agony aunt called dr pam or something so she probably found out who she really was.

I thought she was on holiday in portugal anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

The same reason why she agrees to everything, money and publicity. Maybe they weren't paying her enough.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

£££££££££££££££££££££££££...

& getting her ugly mug on the TV!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The same reason why she agrees to everything, money and publicity. Maybe they weren't paying her enough.
    £££££££££££££££££££££££££...

& getting her ugly mug on the TV!

Well yeah, I get that. ;) But since she plainly didn't know who Pam Stevenson was, why agree and then chicken out at the last minute? Doesn't she have some PR person to advise her and tell her who's who?
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Found it - from guardian interview:-

""At the moment," as Price says herself, "people think I've lost the plot, I'm probably nearly ready to go the Priory, they think I'm not normal, they think I sleep around, they think I'm a bad mum. Basically, they think I've lost the plot and am all over the place."

It is in this context, then, that she will give a live televised interview to Dr Pamela Stephenson Connolly at the Edinburgh television festival later this month. Connolly's Shrink Rap series of celebrity encounters are notionally psychotherapeutic, and more searching than the OK! interviews with which Price is more familiar, so I'm curious to know why she has agreed to it. But it transpires that Price is under the impression that her interviewer will be someone else altogether – an agony aunt called Dr Pam from a commercial radio station.

"Now, you know this Dr Pam, I don't know too much about her, did she used to do Heart? Was she the agony aunt from that? She's got long blond hair? Yeah, I used to listen to her on Heart, she's got an American accent? Yeah I used to like listening to her, she was quite reasonable." I ask if she has laid down any advance parameters or rules for the encounter.

"No, I never do that, never," she says flatly. "I don't mind anyone asking me any questions, I've got nothing to hide. I like it to be as real as it is, that's what I call an interview. I'm not someone who's like right, you can't ask this, that, this, that, this, that. It's got to be a real interview. I've literally got nothing to hide. You can ask any question you like."

Well this is odd, because only an hour earlier I'd had a man from her PR agency on my phone, warning me to ask nothing of a personal nature, and stick strictly to Price's books and business. """

:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Price has been given advice that she will finally be shown that she is out with the pixies just the same as Lady Heather of La La Land:

Not forgetting Pamela Stephenson, who is also mad as a box of frogs and knitting with one needle.

Who will be the next guest - Sarah Ferguson - she will do anything, as long as she has a five star hotel, twenty silk cut and plenty of red wine on hand :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it transpires that Price is under the impression that her interviewer will be someone else altogether – an agony aunt called Dr Pam from a commercial radio station.

"Now, you know this Dr Pam, I don't know too much about her, did she used to do Heart? Was she the agony aunt from that? She's got long blond hair? Yeah, I used to listen to her on Heart, she's got an American accent? Yeah I used to like listening to her, she was quite reasonable."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/aug/16/katie-price-jordan

She thought she was Dr Pam Spurr and probably thought she'd have it easy with her. Pamela S-C is a 'proper' psychologist who'd ask her far more personal questions. I find it a bit odd that her management didn't want The Guardian reporter to ask her personal questions, but they didn't bother to find out about how probing Pamela would be. Obviously they're as fick as Katie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If shes trying to sell an autobiography, it would make sense not to talk to a psychologist and tell everything. Glad she has taken some advice and cancelled.
  • Options
    HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurrgh, have people not stopped talking about her yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Novaman wrote: »

Who will be the next guest - Sarah Ferguson - she will do anything, as long as she has a five star hotel, twenty silk cut and plenty of red wine on hand :rolleyes:

She's already had Fergie on Shrink Rap a couple of years ago.
    The only thing she demanded was a lackey to give her a 'toe job'. ;);)
    bunny55 wrote: »
    If shes trying to sell an autobiography, it would make sense not to talk to a psychologist and tell everything. Glad she has taken some advice and cancelled.

She must have known that the book and the interview would clash, so why did her management book it in the first place?
    She's chickened out because she's a control freak who's worried to death she'd reveal too much.
  • Options
    orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they wouldn't give her any editorial control over the programme
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they wouldn't give her any editorial control over the programme

BINGO....!!

Plus she has a big mouth and might let something slip which someone might use against her,

This is assuming the story is true in the first place,,,,,,:rolleyes:
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right. There were no posts about KP and PA for the last few days and now they've sudden.up cropped up again.

Alright, which one of you chanted 'Katie Price' three tunes until she appeared like the candyman?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's already had Fergie on Shrink Rap a couple of years ago.
    The only thing she demanded was a lackey to give her a 'toe job'. ;);)

She must have known that the book and the interview would clash, so why did her management book it in the first place?
    She's chickened out because she's a control freak who's worried to death she'd reveal too much.

Hasn't she revealed enough already? There's nothing left about her we don't know. I feel I know her better than I know my dog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't she revealed enough already? There's nothing left about her we don't know. I feel I know her better than I know my dog.

She lets the public know what she wants them to know, or tells fibs & exaggerates things.

I bet there's deep dark secrets about her that could have been dragged out by Dr Pamela and even the publicity mad Katie wouldn't want you to know them! ;)
  • Options
    DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprise surprise, anything she dosent have control over she dosent want to do...:rolleyes:

The hypocrisy of the woman never fails to amaze me "ive got nothing to hide bring it on ask me anything im tell the truth never underestimate the pwicey!", --- (while her agents on the phone telling you what you can and cant ask - and when she fails to get approval over everything, the job gets pulled) and she lies and lies and bare facedly lies:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason Pamela Stephenson was easy with Sarah Ferguson is because they are best friends:

Sums it all up - both are completely loopy, and Oprah Winfrey (yes, this is OT) wants Ferguson to do television shows on her cable channel because she knows she is not the full shilling, the Americans have a curious fascination for the British Royal Family and it brings in the viewers.

Stephenson picks easy pickings - and I have never found her husband funny, nor understood a word he says.
  • Options
    DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Novaman wrote: »
    The reason Pamela Stephenson was easy with Sarah Ferguson is because they are best friends:

Sums it all up - both are completely loopy, and Oprah Winfrey (yes, this is OT) wants Ferguson to do television shows on her cable channel because she knows she is not the full shilling, the Americans have a curious fascination for the British Royal Family and it brings in the viewers.

Stephenson picks easy pickings - and I have never found her husband funny, nor understood a word he says.

I used to think she was over rated in the Not the Nine o clock news skits.. she wasnt an "alternative" comic at all just a pretty blonde anyone could have done the same job, Billy however i adore. Never knock the Billy :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeeLush wrote: »
    I used to think she was over rated in the Not the Nine o clock news skits.. she wasnt an "alternative" comic at all just a pretty blonde anyone could have done the same job, Billy however i adore. Never knock the Billy :p

And the stupid TV-am Nick Owen trouser-pulling down stunt:

What was that all about :confused:
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    Also, iirc, Stephenson isn't qualified as a psychologist in the U.K. sense and I'm uneasy about her column in which she dispenses advice as if she is a professional.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, iirc, Stephenson isn't qualified as a psychologist in the U.K. sense and I'm uneasy about her column in which she dispenses advice as if she is a professional.

She has a PHD, isn't that enough:rolleyes: