Options

Delurkers Thread

littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Delurker Peeps. How many times have you felt the need to make a comment. Pressed that reply button, written your stuff.....then deleted it and gone back to reading. Drop a line here if you have felt the intention, you don't get into details beyond what stopped you from posting.

Comments

• Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time and time and time again!

Sometimes it's because I tie myself in knots with my reply and it makes no sense whatsoever, but usually I start, but then cba to finish - thinking someone's probably said it all before anyway! :D
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    I do it all the time v bad habit for me
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I post alot and would post a lot more - but then I re-read what I put and think either 1) can't be arsed to post or 2) said this about 1000 times already, why bother saying again!
  • Options
    TGITCTGITC Posts: 2,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do it sometimes when I have had a drink...

When I type it, I truly believe in what I am saying, but on reading it back, it just comes off as vicious and nasty - Not my original intention.

So I delete and go on my way :)
  • Options
    Its-GillianIts-Gillian Posts: 3,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do it alot, i've just done it now on another thread!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I joined the forum this year so I could comment because nobody else I knew could be bothered to watch and discussion and debate is all part of the show. But after a promising start the show just keeps aiming for new lows and I still have no favourite and couldnt care less who goes or stays although the arguments between the extreme fans and extreme haters is very entertaining reading. I type up lots of replies surprisingly but often just cannot be bothered posting them more like a bit of therapy for the rare moments something interesting is in Danger of happening.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do that all the time.

I write out a post (usually a load of crap) then highlight it and press delete.
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • Options
    miamoomiamoo Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I only got my account activated today because I felt the need to comment on the terrible twist, I have been a member and lurker for approx 3 years!
    I have followed big brother on here, and used to read the WHATM thread all day every day when I couldnt see a tv.
    Now I can post, I can never think of anything to say lol!
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I do it a lot. I delete a whole load of comments before they are sent because I think to myself 'you know what I can't be arsed to argue' or I can't put what I want to say in a good way!

edit: the forum 'superfans' put me off a bit too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    I found this place last year during BB, but didn't join in. I wish I had now, as the most intereating thread to lurk on was JDI, which is now defunct. :cry:

It was the friendliest & most intetesting psychologically thread on the forum - that's why it gets my vote (unfortunately for last year:().