Options

Greggs now in Iceland

littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I only saw this today. In Iceland I found Greggs Sausage Rolls, bake from frozen. They cost £1.50 for a pack of four. No doubt if this proves sucessful the slices might follow.

Comments

• Options
    poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greggs in Iceland.

Is this Britain's revenge for what they did to our investors during the banking crisis?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poshnosh wrote: »
    Greggs in Iceland.

Is this Britain's revenge for what they did to our investors during the banking crisis?

LOL :D

never seen these in our iceland. will have to check next time i'm in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I've seen these..it's been a couple of months now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    now if they start doing steak or chicken bakes , would need to be about 75p each or less to sell i reckon .......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the vegetable bakes, I would give those a try.
  • Options
    ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they start doing the bakes, I will be a happy woman. Never managed to find anything close to the chicken bakes in supermarkets - they always seem to include mushrooms!
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't get Greggs here in Ireland. Am I missing much? I've heard good and bad things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    KidPoker wrote: »
    We don't get Greggs here in Ireland. Am I missing much? I've heard good and bad things.

They need to get the finger out and get some Greggs stores in the north and south of Ireland!! Anytime im over in Newcastle I visit Greggs a few times!!
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually prefer Sayers sausage rolls to Greggs but if these ones taste the same as Greggs from the shop then you really can't argue as the local Greggs to me sell 4 sausage rolls for £2.20 so a 70p saving and the lack of travel is a bonus to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    :Its a very long way to go to Iceland for a sausage roll or pasty..It be stone cold on the way back to eat it :D
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nickynabi wrote: »
    They need to get the finger out and get some Greggs stores in the north and south of Ireland!! Anytime im over in Newcastle I visit Greggs a few times!!

They would no doubt base it in Belfast in the north. That's too far away for me. They even have a Nandos in Belfast. For some reason I was dying to try Nandos yesterday. Maybe it was the hangover. :p
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the poster for these in the Iceland...is it just sausage rolls they do? Was hoping for a steak bake..
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »

Good pies/bakes and sandwiches at good prices.
  • Options
    frankie_babyfrankie_baby Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Good pies/bakes and sandwiches at good prices.

Greggs sandwiches are shite
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Greggs sandwiches are shite

oh i like the chicken and mayo long roll..with lectuce..They all look nice..

by the way i thought you were new and your name was taken from x factor Frankie_baby :D:D:D, but obvouisly not lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually prefer Sayers sausage rolls to Greggs but if these ones taste the same as Greggs from the shop then you really can't argue as the local Greggs to me sell 4 sausage rolls for £2.20 so a 70p saving and the lack of travel is a bonus to me.

how much to bake them though ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how much to bake them though ....

I don't really take that into the equation, just like I don't take the cost of the petrol in getting to greggs. There is a point when breaking down the cost becomes a bit too pedantic for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't really take that into the equation, just like I don't take the cost of the petrol in getting to greggs. There is a point when breaking down the cost becomes a bit too pedantic for me.

nothing pedantic about it ........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nothing pedantic about it ........

I did say for me
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nickynabi wrote: »

Funnily enough, there are Greggs in Belgium.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did say for me

apologies , night shifts are a nightmare at times :D
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh :(

I saw the thread title and thought it meant I'd still be able to get a stottie and a baked bean pasty on my forthcoming trip to Reykjavik :)
  • Options
    simonmooresimonmoore Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    littlefro wrote: »
    I like the vegetable bakes, I would give those a try.

They don't do the vegetable ones near me I had tried them all. My aunt gets her local Greggs to sell her 6 frozen ones at a time and passes them on to me. Love them with chips and beans!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On my trips back to Wolverhampton I do like to buy a warm baby Greggs Cheese & Onion quiche. It would be nice to have a try a bake from frozen version.