Now the series has finished...is this one of the best BB's ever?

Comments

• goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bunch of stupid overgrown children nitpicking each other over and over. Not BB's finest hour.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    A great series needs a balance. The series had far too many aggressive wannabes if you know what I mean. I don't mean people being aggressive but trying to play the game in an aggressive manner with the bitching and the fakeness many of them portrayed.

We all love a good argument and row but it had far too much, not enough humour and just interesting chats.

This. ^^ And not a legendary HM amongst them.
  • .Dozy Rosie.Dozy Rosie Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early days were better,,as Brian said..it was a social experiment...maybe we need choose house mates accordingly!
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early days were better,,as Brian said..it was a social experiment...maybe we need choose house mates accordingly!

I think it stopped being a Social Experiment after the first couple of series. There's too many idiots selected year after year now who are guaranteed to cause controversy. It seems to me the more outrageous or stupid you are in your VT the better chance you have of being on the show. I counted 2 people in this series who were pretty normal and didn't really get involved in the bitching & who I believe would have been fun had they been in there with other fun people, neither won it! The selections ruin the show before it's even started IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Brian D said, it used to be a social experiment, now there is a lot of money for grabs so it's a gameshow.

But as long as people keep watching, I don't give a f*ck!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    No!!!!!!!!!!! It was better than last year but no where near the best. Horrible housemates, lack of decent twists and a horrible winner. I switched off as soon as Deana was evicted and only found out Luke won three hours ago. The only decent thing about the final was the shot of Lauren's arse!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    As Brian D said, it used to be a social experiment, now there is a lot of money for grabs so it's a gameshow.

But as long as people keep watching, I don't give a f*ck!

NOBODY actually knows what it is in my opinion! It's NEVER been a game show because game shows have rules and Big Brother has NEVER had rules with the exception of house mates behaviour and what is and isn't acceptable, so I personally take exception to people calling it a game show!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    atko wrote: »
    NOBODY actually knows what it is in my opinion! It's NEVER been a game show because game shows have rules and Big Brother has NEVER had rules with the exception of house mates behaviour and what is and isn't acceptable, so I personally take exception to people calling it a game show!

It did used to be a social experiment but it's obviously full of wannabees now, wanting their 5 mins of fame. I wouldn't call it a game show at all, but I would say it's going down the TOWIE route, we get 45 mins of edited HLs a day, with the producers pushing their own agendas.
  • momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could not honestly say I liked any of this years HM's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    It did used to be a social experiment but it's obviously full of wannabees now, wanting their 5 mins of fame. I wouldn't call it a game show at all, but I would say it's going down the TOWIE route, we get 45 mins of edited HLs a day, with the producers pushing their own agendas.

Now THAT I totally agree with! I believe that was ALWAYS Channel 5's agenda for Big Brother hence the no consideration for genuine fans who wanted the live feed! The TOWIE route could not work with a live feed and that's what they had planned all along....if we think back to what we were told when Channel 5 first commissioned it, they pretty much implied it. The problem is Channel 5 want it both ways...they want the Reality TV that is cheap programming for them with low overheads BUT they want the ability to set their own agenda and story lines. I have never voted for a while now on Big Brother....to evict OR save....and to me I cannot understand anyone voting on a show which is manufactured! Channel 5 must be rubbing their hands with glee because I bet the voters far outweighed even their expectations!
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was better than 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, but worse than 5, 3, 7, 9, so in the context of all series it was in the middle but in the context of later series was the best we've had for several years.
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave up on this series a couple of weeks ago - I just couldn't be bothered with it any more. I've only done that once before - B10.

There were just too many unsavoury characters in the house - there has to be someone I like to keep me interested. I just didn't care enough about anyone in there.

I hope CBB will have a better mix.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    i loved this series! Sara<3
  • .Dozy Rosie.Dozy Rosie Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First I have enjoyed since BB2!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First I have enjoyed since BB2!!

:eek::eek::eek:
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its was not a patch on earlier series, and I personally found last year's far more interesting than this year. You need to find yourself at least getting behind a few of them cheering them on. I generally could not have cared less about any of them this year.

The one thing it did produce was the biggest disgrace in years.... that thug Conor should have been kicked out instantly after his Deana rant. To then allow him to go on and have a chance of winning 50K is just adding insult to injury.

The last great BB was 10.....the last one on Channel 4, so much drama, so many good characters. Its all fixed so easy.... its all down to the casting.

A diverse bunch of different ages and INTELLIGENT would help. How Ashleigh got into that house this year is beyond me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Its was not a patch on earlier series, and I personally found last year's far more interesting than this year. You need to find yourself at least getting behind a few of them cheering them on. I generally could not have cared less about any of them this year.

The one thing it did produce was the biggest disgrace in years.... that thug Conor should have been kicked out instantly after his Deana rant. To then allow him to go on and have a chance of winning 50K is just adding insult to injury.

The last great BB was 10.....the last one on Channel 4, so much drama, so many good characters. Its all fixed so easy.... its all down to the casting.

A diverse bunch of different ages and INTELLIGENT would help. How Ashleigh got into that house this year is beyond me.

Ashleigh fitted in perfectly to the TOWIE mould that Big Brother has followed since its Channel 5 launch :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I have had fun getting stuck-in on the forum here whilst the show was on, but really my answer has to be a resounding "NO" because I actively hate at least half of the contestants this year, thus making it exhausting to watch when you despise the people you're watching and wish they would piss off and never end up in front of a tv camera ever again.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producer will never understand that hot looking 18-24 year olds who are brainless who have great bodies and just talk about sex and bitch 24/7 attracting the thugish and the out off school girls does not make a good series of BB well done CH5.

But i guess this is they're aim now? the format is ruined.
  • maidmarymaidmary Posts: 4,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far too many horrible hms this year, but it got better and better in the last weeks as they got their commeuppance.

The Final was my dream scenario with the 3 nice guys taking the top 3 places.

And the lovely LukeA winning ended the show on a real high for me so naturally as my fav won I rank it in my top 3 series along with series 5 and 7
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    No, not in my opinion. The house was far too catty throughout.
    I hated Conor walking away with that 50k when he didn't deserve it. The winner was kind of poor. Adam or Deana deserved to win. Luke did nothing once his secret was out, he brought nothing to the house.
    Adam has been very genuine throughout the series and Deana has made me laugh the most. The past 6 weeks Deana has been my favourite.
  • MithMarrMithMarr Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst BB by miles. It was like watching a documentary on the illiterate underclass who aspire to be nothing more than ill educated, bitc*es prone to outbursts of violence.

The decent HM were obscenely outnumbered and unable to allow their personalities to fully come out. What a crock of sh*te and thank god it's over. The insiders deserve each other, maybe they can all go to Ibeefa and sit around having amazing banter like" I dunno, it's like, I dunno, sort a fing like, it's I dunno, yeah but sort a fing like, but I dunno" the conversations could be beefed up with lots of literalehs to add important emphasis on the discussions. Just CBB for me from now on.
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO most definately not
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes. it was a great mix
    and no extra housemates after first week, which is how it should be.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Nothing about this series was fun, then again it's up to the producers and they handpick the hms. They are under the impression that we like the Ashleigh types and that is being a bit economical with the truth. About time they picked more people who are aged 30 or above in the future as they are the people who are worthwhile watching.