Stormy Weather On Its Way

leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It looks increasingly like we are heading for a battering just like we had this time last year thanks to two things the cold plunge in north america and the reinvigorated jet stream.

Jet stream models suggest that stormy weather will be with us for the remainder of the month.

I would rather have the cold and sunny days that we had between christmas and new year than whats in store for us from tomorrow

Comments

• TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daily Express prediction or from a more reputable source?
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it when I see it,
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jet Stream winds high in the atmosphere may reach 230mph normally they are around 150mph, the storms are going to be worst between Scotland and Iceland but have the potential to be extremely nasty.

BBC Weather 9.55pm
  • bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's here now, in the Evans should be hung drawn and quartered thread :)
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    netweather.tv/jetstream predictions and also looking at the cold plunge which is spreading across north america in the next week or so. All points to the jet stream firing up and it has got its sights firmly on the UK. Even the metoffice are suggesting paralles with last years set up
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    I believe it when I see it,

If you're in Herefordshire, you probably won't see it! :D

The Met Office has warnings in place for Scotland, the north of England, North Wales and Ireland.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,920
    Forum Member
    It's looking like it could be centered a bit further north this year. So Scotland may get some of the bad stuff, but the South may escape the very worst of it - compared to last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're in Herefordshire, you probably won't see it! :D

The Met Office has warnings in place for Scotland, the north of England, North Wales and Ireland.

The Met office is 90% wrong for here, I don't know why they bother to try. The weather will be what it is when I look out of the window.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

I'd imagine if there's going to be wind and/or rain tomorrow, the Daily Express will sell it more as "Deadly Storm to Hit Great Britain"
  • QuofanQuofan Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    I'd imagine if there's going to be wind and/or rain tomorrow, the Daily Express will sell it more as "Deadly Storm to Hit Great Britain"

or, more likely..."Deadly Storm to Hit Great Britain and last until June..." :D

Neil
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quofan wrote: »
    or, more likely..."Deadly Storm to Hit Great Britain and last until June..." :D

Neil

When it will boil us all to near death in never before seen heat waves until November when 20 feet of snow will cool us down, accompanied by an obligatory photo of Diana.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    Not as bad in the south but they need to tie down that grounded ship in the Solent pronto, 30 mph gusts forecast there today, 40mph gusts Thursday/Friday, 50mph Saturday! Sea state rough at times in the Solent over the next few days... it's quite exposed out in the middle.
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Not as bad in the south but they need to tie down that grounded ship in the Solent pronto, 30 mph gusts forecast there today, 40mph gusts Thursday/Friday, 50mph Saturday! Sea state rough at times in the Solent over the next few days... it's quite exposed out in the middle.

GHOST SHIP a threat to lives as DEADLY STORM set to SMASH into Britain!

Oooops! Just had a Daily Express moment there! :blush:
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member

That made me LOL! :D
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nah don't worry definitely not the Express , you forgot the cannibal rats aboard the ghost ship
  • gothergother Posts: 14,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Nah don't worry definitely not the Express , you forgot the cannibal rats aboard the ghost ship

Deadliest storm ever seen on record will bring dangerous ghost ship infested with monster flesh eating rats. to the UK.
  • nemesisisnemesisis Posts: 6,167
    Forum Member
    bozzimacoo wrote: »
    It's here now, in the Evans should be hung drawn and quartered thread :)

ha ;-)
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Deadliest storm ever seen on record will bring dangerous ghost ship infested with monster flesh eating rats. to the UK.

Infected with Ebola, and there will possibly be major damage to Princess Diana's memorial island.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stormy weather in winter who'd of thunk it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had a bit of wind, and a few spots of rain so far. I know one thing, it is flipping cold outside.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 to 4 degrees C sunny calm and overnight frost and fog is far better weather than 11 to 13 degrees C with torrential rain and trying to battle through 50 to 80 mph howling gales and almost as mild temperatures overnight sweeping in from Bermuda, the Azores or Jamaica.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    I'm still waiting for the snow they said was coming >:(
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets get back to some seriousness here. The set up is now in place just like it was last year. Just like i said last month. America in deep freeze and reinvigorated jet powering storms to our shores. And until there is stability in north americas temperatures then we will be in rough winter again. For the record Dallas texas have got snow on friday and guess what they had snow last year as well. And we all know what that meant for the UK. Storm force winds until april
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rain hit me today
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    We had a bit of wind, and a few spots of rain so far. I know one thing, it is flipping cold outside.

Apologies, I had a big lunch.