I didn't pass my driving test :(

Mr NMr N Posts: 2,917
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I failed my driving test for the second time today. I had the same examiner as the first time round and was very nervous. Even though it was a good test (only two minor faults) I had 2 serious faults which by the way were totally unjustified because all I did was wait for someone to do a reverse around the corner but apparently I should have gone instead of waiting, another so called serious mistake was coming on the main road and lightly stalling the car and causing the car behind to slow down (not stop just to slow down). I also got a dangerous one, which is so unfair, I was coming to a junction, had to wait for ageeeeeeeeeeees eventually I decided to go as I was going right and the car coming was very far away (If my instructor had been in the car he would not have stopped me) I drove very well as I only got 2 minor mistakes but feel that the serious mistakes and the so-called dangerous were really unfair. I will never get as good of a chance as I had today as I managed to do the bay parking and the turn in the road perfectly.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Comments

• louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    Awwww i am sorry Mr N :(:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He gave a serious for waiting??

In my first test I got a serious for the same reason as you- the oncoming car had to go up a hill on the roundabout so i went, his justification was that I was stationary.

Bad luck, I'm sure you'll pass next time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh sorry to hear that, Mr N. I've been checking in all afternoon to see how you did. Have you considered having your instructor sit in on the test with you - do you think that might help calm your nerves?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,695
    Forum Member
    awwwwwwwwww want a hug?
  • Mr NMr N Posts: 2,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He gave a serious for waiting??

In my first test I got a serious for the same reason as you- the oncoming car had to go up a hill on the roundabout so i went, his justification was that I was stationary.

Bad luck, I'm sure you'll pass next time.

apparently for not waiting, but the car was very far away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awwwwwwwwww want a hug?

yes please :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dond wrote: »
    Oh sorry to hear that, Mr N. I've been checking in all afternoon to see how you did. Have you considered having your instructor sit in on the test with you - do you think that might help calm your nerves?

I wasn't very nervous, all those tablets had to do something. Thanks for the advice, I think I will have the instructor on the test next time, it might help.
    Forum Member
    Mr N wrote: »
    yes please :)

(((((((Mr N)))))):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd probably have waited if someone was reversing around the corner.

That 'serious' mistake - When you came out of the junction, did the car coming have to slow down or make any allowance for you entering the traffic stream? If not, I don't understand why it was a mistake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're silly things to fail you on, you must have got a nasty examiner. I think they're all nasty sods though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (((((((Mr N)))))):)

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Mr N. It must be so disappointing for you. Just keep on trying, I'm sure you'll get there.
    Forum Member
    Mr N wrote: »

anytime:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welksly wrote: »
    I think they're silly things to fail you on, you must have got a nasty examiner. I think they're all nasty sods though!

I didn't like him the first time either. On my first test he didn't comfort me what so ever, he didn't even say "take your time" or anything supportive at all. Fortunately this time round I was in control through the exam which makes it worse because I did very well considering the very first thing I had to do was bay parking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty_kat wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Mr N. It must be so disappointing for you. Just keep on trying, I'm sure you'll get there.

I was there, it just ...I don't know how I could have failed. :cry:
  • johnny utahjohnny utah Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stalling a car on a main road would be quite dangerous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stalling a car on a main road would be quite dangerous

normally yes, but there was only one car in the distance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard luck, but the only time you should stop for someone doing a manoeuvre (on a test, certainly) is when they are in the middle of it.
  • Beth HartBeth Hart Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear it Mr N :(
    welksly wrote: »
    Not all of them are, one of my best friends is an examiner and he's a really lovely chap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard luck, but the only time you should stop for someone doing a manoeuvre (on a test, certainly) is when they are in the middle of it.

They were on the road, in the left side at least. If I wanted to overtake I would have had to go over to the right hand side. Do you really think that's enough to classify as a fail?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth Hart wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it Mr N :(

Not all of them are, one of my best friends is an examiner and he's a really lovely chap.

Yeah I'm sure some are lovely, I just have to tell myself that because in reality I'm a bit of a crap driver and l keep failing my tests. ;)
  • SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    I am so sorry. :cry: So big hugs
    To tell you the truth, I too would have waited for someone to finish reversing. I would have thought it would be dangerous not to do so. He sounds a right horror, this man.

Better luck next time.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Mr N.

Keep trying though, you'll pass next time.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a horrible feeling when you fail but a great feeling when you pass.
    I still remember when I passed after a second attempt.

I drove worse the second time than on my initial test.

My sister took six tries before passing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear you did not pass.

(((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))) Hug for ya!