Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Walking Dead spinoff show has cast it's two leads.

Cliff Curtis(Trauma, Missing, Gang Related) & Kim Dickens(Deadwood, Friday Night Lights, Treme, Sons of Anarchy).

I'm especially pleased to see Kim Dickens in a leading role. She's been a favourite of mine for quite some time.:)

And hopefully Curtis has better luck with this show than his previous ones. All of which were cancelled after the first season.

I remember KIm Dickens from Lost. She only appeared in a few episodes, but I liked her in it so I look forward to seing her in a larger capacity. :)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dickens is also the lead cop in the film Gone Girl. Very good in that might i say.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    The Walking Dead spinoff show has cast it's two leads.

Cliff Curtis(Trauma, Missing, Gang Related) & Kim Dickens(Deadwood, Friday Night Lights, Treme, Sons of Anarchy).

I'm especially pleased to see Kim Dickens in a leading role. She's been a favourite of mine for quite some time.:)

And hopefully Curtis has better luck with this show than his previous ones. All of which were cancelled after the first season.

am looking forward to the spinoff :)
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    am looking forward to the spinoff :)

Can I ask why when we so little about it apart from its set in LA?

Personally I think it will have to cover different ground to make it interesting and appealing but I get the feeling its going to be a copy and more a case of AMC trying to milk more from the franchise.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit of a trailer for the restart up on YouTube.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Ge6Op2mAk

It's only about a minute and doesn't show any plot, just the group walking through a forest and shooting .........very atmospheric though !
    Forum Member
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »

Personally I think it will have to cover different ground to make it interesting and appealing but I get the feeling its going to be a copy and more a case of AMC trying to milk more from the franchise.

i like the walking dead and am interested to see what the spinoff will be like, will be going into it with an open mind
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Bit of a trailer for the restart up on YouTube.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Ge6Op2mAk

It's only about a minute and doesn't show any plot, just the group walking through a forest and shooting .........very atmospheric though !

cool, thanks for sharing :)
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pinkminxy wrote: »
    Think you're right actually. Can't seem to find any official UK ratings.

Check barb.co.uk for UK ratings usually around 1 million which is fantastic for a channel like Fox and more than many shows on ch4 five and even bbc2. Sorry for late reply only recently got into the show and forum
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »

I have no sources, but have had the impression from the little I've read that it's going to concentrate more on the immediate aftermath of the outbreak - which we missed since Rick was holed up in a hospital bed. We got to see a small glimpse of how things were in a flashback when Carol first met Lori on the traffic jammed highway but nothing else.
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    loracan wrote: »
    I have no sources, but have had the impression from the little I've read that it's going to concentrate more on the immediate aftermath of the outbreak - which we missed since Rick was holed up in a hospital bed. We got to see a small glimpse of how things were in a flashback when Carol first met Lori on the traffic jammed highway but nothing else.

Well that should be quite interesting, how many episodes have been commissioned?
  • TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tainted meat ! Tainted meeeeat!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    As it worked pretty well on the Game Of Thrones thread, let's try it for Walking Dead.

One thread for both UK & US broadcasts, so if you have not seen the current episode, don't come into the thread as you will be spoiled. The show airs on Sundays in the US, so if you are watching on UK Pace dont enter on Monday.

When it comes to spoilers, outside of the 20 hours ahead the US viewers are, don't do it as you will be reported. I know some of the actors have hinted at future developments on Twitter, please do not repeat them here.

As far as the books are concerned for the purpose of this thread they do not exist. So no posts about what happened in the books and how it was better/worse/different to the TV show.

I'm really looking forward to this series. I think they really turned a corner in Season 4, and finally found the right combination of action, story and character growth.

Will there be a 6th series of The Walking Dead? I never bothered with this series before. I caught it on Sky Box Sets and I have watched 1-5 just waiting for the second half of series five to come to Fox next month here in the UK.
    I have really enjoyed this series. I have watched all episodes in the past 3 days:)
  • DartGuruDartGuru Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucius12 wrote: »
    Will there be a 6th series of The Walking Dead? I never bothered with this series before. I caught it on Sky Box Sets and I have watched 1-5 just waiting for the second half of series five to come to Fox next month here in the UK.
    I have really enjoyed this series. I have watched all episodes in the past 3 days:)

I would suspect there would have to be a cataclysmic event for there not to be.
    Forum Member
    DartGuru wrote: »
    I would suspect there would have to be a cataclysmic event for there not to be.

So if no walkers get to fox we will have series 6?:)
    Thank You for your reply
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really beginning to dislike Rick at the moment. He's been many things over the seasons but I never had him down as a cop-killer.

There was no need to run him down in the car like that and what did it for me was the way he blew his brains out followed by "shut up".

I liked dawn and thought she was coming round to being the bad girl come good.
    Rick is becoming Shane :cool:
    Forum Member

‘Walking Dead’ Officially Renewed for Season 6

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-6-renewal-season-5-trailers/
    Forum Member
    ‘Walking Dead’ Officially Renewed for Season 6

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-6-renewal-season-5-trailers/

Thank You that is great news! I have only just found out that Rick is a English guy.
    Being Welsh I hope the Walkers Get Rick:)
    No I don't. He would be the person I would wish to be with if my wife, kids turned into Walkers.
    I would be CRAP no Good to anyone.
    Forum Member
    I would be CRAP no Good to anyone.

neither would i but i would have a go to protect my family
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

Wow- it must have been quite overwhelming- which season is your favourite?
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So .. Fat useless fake scientist .... Kill or Keep?
    Forum Member
    moonlily wrote: »
    Wow- it must have been quite overwhelming- which season is your favourite?

Yes it was. I watched over 5 days not 3. I got mixed up. Lucky I have unlimited Internet. Season two was best for me. I really liked Hershel who helped Ricks son. I loved the farm setting. I new it was coming after Hershel had his leg cut off he would not be long in the show. I was just hoping I was wrong. What is the name of the guy who played Hershel? He reminded me of my dear Daddy who died last year
    Forum Member
    Yes it was. I watched over 5 days not 3. I got mixed up. Lucky I have unlimited Internet. Season two was best for me. I really liked Hershel who helped Ricks son. I loved the farm setting. I new it was coming after Hershel had his leg cut off he would not be long in the show. I was just hoping I was wrong. What is the name of the guy who played Hershel? He reminded me of my dear Daddy who died last year
    When Hershel was killed and then saw his head was a walking. I just felt so SAD. I don't think I could have shot him in the head.
    That is why I would not last long, plus also I would be crap if I was put on a desert island without someone to help.
  • grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MIght have missed the reason somewhere but how come when it comes back its on Sundays not Mondays anymore?
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grilli wrote: »
    MIght have missed the reason somewhere but how come when it comes back its on Sundays not Mondays anymore?

I think it's always shown on Sundays in the US and it's shown a day later in the UK . Not read anywhere that this season is any different .
  • grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    I think it's always shown on Sundays in the US and it's shown a day later in the UK . Not read anywhere that this season is any different .

ignore me, of course it is. brain not working today. maybe i'm turning
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

Watching all 5 seasons together it must have been fascinating to see how the characters changed, but sad as some of them died- like Hershel, Dale and Andrea for instance who I think went too soon (and Lori and Shane who didn't).

I liked season 2 too although I guess it would have been too quiet if they'd stayed on the farm.

I have season 1 on dvd and lots of other eps on my Sony hd machine but never seem to think of watching them back to back - some I should have done in the Christmas New Year gap I suppose.