Emeli Sande Album Teaser

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8gilEDJTtk

What do people think?

I'm quite underwhelmed to be honest. Nothing else as good as 'Heaven' on there, only a couple of tracks stand out and the rest of the album seems to be filled with nondescript pop ballads. One to only download a couple of songs from I think...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that you can't really tell from such short clips but I can't wait for the album. I love Heaven and Daddy and I can't wait to hear her version of Read All About It. :)
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Agreed, hard to really tell from just a few seconds. I will be buying her album. But in hindsight (a marvellous thing, obviously) releasing Daddy after the massive hit that Heaven turned into was probably a bit of a mistake imo - great song but not that commercial and lost her some momentum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it probably is a bit harsh to judge too much on short samples and I'll definitely give it a listen on Spotify when it comes out and make up my mind then whether to buy it or not. Just slightly disappointed in what I've heard so far after she released one of the best singles of last year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The teaser just sounds rubbish... fact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am expecting to hear only one or two good tracks from the album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that a song called Lifetime is on there - she said once that she originally wrote a song with that title for Cher Lloyd. Although in an interview a little while back she said:

"I had a song they [presumably Syco] really liked, but I told them I was keeping it for my album."

Although she hasn't said which song that was, I have a feeling that was it. :eek: Admittedly from the clip it's hard to tell if Cher is actually missing out on anything there but I won't know until we get to hear the full song, I guess.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Interesting that a song called Lifetime is on there - she said once that she originally wrote a song with that title for Cher Lloyd. Although in an interview a little while back she said:

"I had a song they [presumably Syco] really liked, but I told them I was keeping it for my album."

Although she hasn't said which song that was, I have a feeling that was it. :eek: Admittedly from the clip it's hard to tell if Cher is actually missing out on anything there but I won't know until we get to hear the full song, I guess.

It was 'Mountains', which was meant for Leona but Emeli ended up keeping it for herself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    It was 'Mountains', which was meant for Leona but Emeli ended up keeping it for herself.

Oh right, are you sure? Either way it doesn't look like Cher will be singing on Lifetime, and if Cher actually recorded it herself I wouldn't be surprised if it never saw the light of day. :(
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Oh right, are you sure? Either way it doesn't look like Cher will be singing on Lifetime, and if Cher actually recorded it herself I wouldn't be surprised if it never saw the light of day. :(

Yes, it's well documented. She also wrote a song for Susan Boyle but I don't think that has materialised either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a great album all round. In my opinion (from the snippets):

Incredible tracks
    My Kind of Love
    Heaven
    Daddy
    Next to Me
    Mountains
    Read All About It (Part III)

Great tracks
    Where I Sleep
    Clown
    Maybe
    River
    Hope

Meh tracks
    Suitcase
    Breaking the Law
    Lifetime
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Due to the fact the snippets aren't necessarily at the chorus or the catchy bits (like daddy) I'll reserve my judgement.

i absolutely LOVE her though, and think Daddy is much better than Heaven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    Due to the fact the snippets aren't necessarily at the chorus or the catchy bits (like daddy) I'll reserve my judgement.

i absolutely LOVE her though, and think Daddy is much better than Heaven.

Me too, I love Daddy!
    The clips are so short but I love the sound of Read All About It.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As one reviewer said: "Remember how about 14 months ago Jessie J seemed like she was really exciting because she'd chosen to show a certain side of her music while keeping the Natasha Bedingfield stuff hidden until everyone had already decided she was the next big thing and it was too late to go 'oh actually she's quite different in reality'? Remember that? Well good luck with listening to the Emeli Sandé album." :D