Yet more racist filth from Italian fans.

13»

Comments

• PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    you're free to believe that if you want, we'll just beg to differ.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    the chimp wrote: »
    Why does the FA's handling of the John Terry case make a complete nonsense of the claim, did you not notice the ban he got ?

In the Suarez and Terry cases you'll find that 99% of people defending them were just fans of their clubs, if it had been anyone from a different club they would have been going mad just like the rest of us.

This country is a shining light in the battle against racism, there is nowhere better.

Sorry but thats nonsense. This country has done some good things - no doubt, but wearing a few Kick It Out T-shirts is pish, it means nothing.

Everyone can wear something on their shirt and it means nothing.

John Terry was caught on camera saying what he said and look at what happened. I wouldnt even mention Suarez in this, lets just look at what we all saw on YouTube and lets have it real. John Terry said what he said. A smart lawyer sorted him out in court and thats fair enough but lets make no mistake about what he said.

The entire thing from start to finish was a complete shambles and an embarrassment.
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Sorry but thats nonsense. This country has done some good things - no doubt, but wearing a few Kick It Out T-shirts is pish, it means nothing.

Everyone can wear something on their shirt and it means nothing.

John Terry was caught on camera saying what he said and look at what happened. I wouldnt even mention Suarez in this, lets just look at what we all saw on YouTube and lets have it real. John Terry said what he said. A smart lawyer sorted him out in court and thats fair enough but lets make no mistake about what he said.

The entire thing from start to finish was a complete shambles and an embarrassment.

We know what he said but the simple fact is that somebody walking in front of him just before he said it gave him the perfect excuse, don't forget under British law you have to be 100% to convict, not 99% certain, the FA though have no such restrictions which is why we saw him banned, I would though like you want to see a set ban in place for such incidents, min 10 games for example.

There's a lot more done though than wearing t-shirts, my bro in law (an "A" licence holder) has given up a lot of time doing talks and free coaching for kick it out and other such organisations in the community, in fact it was atone of these events that he discovered a current England international.
    Forum Member
    We know what he said but the simple fact is that somebody walking in front of him just before he said it gave him the perfect excuse, don't forget under British law you have to be 100% to convict, not 99% certain, the FA though have no such restrictions which is why we saw him banned, I would though like you want to see a set ban in place for such incidents, min 10 games for example.

There's a lot more done though than wearing t-shirts, my bro in law (an "A" licence holder) has given up a lot of time doing talks and free coaching for kick it out and other such organisations in the community, in fact it was atone of these events that he discovered a current England international.

Im not saying its just wearing T-Shirts. What im saying is that while a lot can be said in theory, if the sharp end is just a few games banned as the Terry case was, then it doesnt matter what is done behind the scenes or what T-Shirts are worn.

Lets forget John Terry, its too personal for club fans to debate it.

Lets just say that if a player is caught on camera using language of a racist nature its a 20 game ban. **** the context. Lets have that. No player EVER needs to reference colour when having a go at another player. Announce it now and let the players deal with it. They will learn.

I know from your previous posts that you are as passionate about this topic as i am.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not saying its just wearing T-Shirts. What im saying is that while a lot can be said in theory, if the sharp end is just a few games banned as the Terry case was, then it doesnt matter what is done behind the scenes or what T-Shirts are worn.

Lets forget John Terry, its too personal for club fans to debate it.

Lets just say that if a player is caught on camera using language of a racist nature its a 20 game ban. **** the context. Lets have that. No player EVER needs to reference colour when having a go at another player. Announce it now and let the players deal with it. They will learn.

I know from your previous posts that you are as passionate about this topic as i am.
    I would agree with a lengthy ban whatever the context, from what Terry and Suarez said to what Ferdinand condoned on twitter, all of it unacceptable.
    Forum Member
    I would agree with a lengthy ban whatever the context, from what Terry and Suarez said to what Ferdinand condoned on twitter, all of it unacceptable.

I genuinely don't understand what Ferdinand condoned on Twitter. It wasnt racist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I genuinely don't understand what Ferdinand condoned on Twitter. It wasnt racist.

Choc ice most certainly is a race related reference, if anybody ever dared to call either of my kids choc ices they wouldn't get back up with all their teeth.
    Forum Member
    Choc ice most certainly is a race related reference, if anybody ever dared to call either of my kids choc ices they wouldn't get back up with all their teeth.

I dont doubt that on your part but an equal number of (non Man Utd) fans who know far more than me were adamant that it wasnt racist in the slightest.

I genuinely dont have the knowledge to have an opinion one way or the other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont doubt that on your part but an equal number of (non Man Utd) fans who know far more than me were adamant that it wasnt racist in the slightest.

I genuinely dont have the knowledge to have an opinion one way or the other.
    Choc ice, black on the outside white on the inside, it's referencing colour and basically that you are a "race traitor" and shouldn't do what's right, you should just back someone of a certain colour.

I have no doubt that Ashley Cole did the wrong thing, but that's nothing to do with his ethnicity, it's to do with what type of person he is, therefore no need to say choc ice.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I have never heard any at either the city ground or anywhere else, that will never change no matter how much you try and bring up one incident heard by one or two people, you have to realise though that the match is a local derby between two teams that hate each other where the supporters will do anything to wind each other up, just like your lot with their sectarian rubbish, I'm not condoning it, but if it did happen then that's the reason.

Have you got the numbers for next weeks Euromillions as well? How can you predict the future?
    2. In my very first post I said racism will never be eradicated.

But you claimed different last night.
    3. You know that your having a go at England was based on nothing other than bitterness, as a scot you seem to hate the fact that England is the shining light at anything, bad news for you though is that it is.

I hope you see the irony in what you posted there given what the subject matter is?

Substitute 'black' for 'Scot' and 'whites' for 'England' and that paragraph would come over extremely bigoted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timboy wrote: »

But you claimed different last night.

I hope you see the irony in what you posted there given what the subject matter is?

Substitute 'black' for 'Scot' and 'whites' for 'England' and that paragraph would come over extremely bigoted.
    1. No I didn't
    2. There is no irony or bigotry.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I don't like cricket/ I love it"

Substitute 'cricket' for 'pakistanis' and 'it' for 'violent racist attacks' and 10cc would be history's most musical hatemongers.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    "I don't like cricket/ I love it"

Substitute 'cricket' for 'pakistanis' and 'it' for 'violent racist attacks' and 10cc would be history's most musical hatemongers.

That is bloody funny. I thank you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. No I didn't

Let us have a look at the posts.
    the chimp wrote:
    I've been to hundreds of matches and not seen or heard a single racist comment, something that's a weekly occurance in many countries.
    timboy wrote:
    Lucky you.
    the chimp wrote:
    it's not luck, it's just how it is now it is here now.

Now what are you saying there if you aren't trying to claim that no racist comments are made in English football grounds?
    the chimp wrote:
    There is no irony or bigotry.

You label me a bitter Scot who hates England doing well at anything in a thread about racism and claim there is no irony in your post?

Lack of self awareness much?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Let us have a look at the posts.

Now what are you saying there if you aren't trying to claim that no racist comments are made in English football grounds?

You label me a bitter Scot who hates England doing well at anything in a thread about racism and claim there is no irony in your post?

Lack of self awareness much?
    Over the last two years there has been 60 odd arrests, divide that by the multi millions that have gone through the turnstiles and I'd pretty much guarantee that most will be in the same situation as me having never heard it, I never said there was no racism in fact the opposite, I said it would never be eradicated, but it is absolutely minimal here , I really can't imagine the problem getting too much smaller than what it is.

I didn't label you a bitter scot, your posts did, that's why there's no irony, why on earth you would try and bring England into a serious thread about the filth we have heard several times in Italy this year is beyond me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over the last two years there has been 60 odd arrests, divide that by the multi millions that have gone through the turnstiles and I'd pretty much guarantee that most will be in the same situation as me having never heard it, I never said there was no racism in fact the opposite, I said it would never be eradicated, but it is absolutely minimal here , I really can't imagine the problem getting too much smaller than what it is.

But 60 arrests ≠ 60 racist incidents.

There are incidents up and down the country that go unreported and no arrests are made.

I'm was reading a Hearts forum earlier about their reaction to losing the Scottish League Cup final and some of the posters on it are mentioning that their own support was racially abusing black players, including their own players. Guess the number of arrests for racist behaviour at the game?
    I didn't label you a bitter scot, your posts did, that's why there's no irony, why on earth you would try and bring England into a serious thread about the filth we have heard several times in Italy this year is beyond me.

Bearing in mind I never mentioned my nationality on this thread how have my posts on this thread labelled me a bitter Scot? I haven't slagged off any country in this thread. I would like you to give a specific example as I presume that you cannot base this incorrect accusation on the fact that I have mentioned that racism still happens within English grounds as this is something that you have also admitted.

I've already explained why I mentioned England, the fact that the vast majority of posters in the football section support English teams and will live in England and go to matches in England makes it perfectly reasonable to mention racism inside English football grounds but you seem to have taken offence at racism in English football grounds being mentioned. Why I don't know.

As an aside, I do not have a British passport yet can travel abroad.
  • Top Gun 001Top Gun 001 Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I'm detecting a lot of xenophobia towards our Italian european partners here.

Little Englanders!