Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute's UK radioplay keeps on growing, being on local commercial radio playlists is so valuable. A well known boy band's latest single is not on the Capital playlist and is getting only half as many plays as Salute.

http://comparemyradio.com/tracks/Little_Mix/Salute

Really hope Columbia get their act together and send Salute to US radio. The stations they are doing the 'Bash' shows for will playlist it won't they?

I giggled a bit at that. Agreed on all points.

Just heard Nicki Minaj's new single, and I'm really digging that sound on her. I would love for Little Mix to get one song - just one - off of Dr. Luke, get with it Syco.

That reviewer was quite funny. Not sure I'd like Little Mix to show up on stage simulating sex on a giant hot dog a la Miley. But they definitely can stand to improve their crowd interaction even more than they have already.
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys!!

Just collected tickets at box office and now just being general stalkers abd waiting outside the venue lol.

They haven't arrived yet but hopefully they'll have time to take photos. If so, i'll post :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys!!

Just collected tickets at box office and now just being general stalkers abd waiting outside the venue lol.

They haven't arrived yet but hopefully they'll have time to take photos. If so, i'll post :)

Yay, hope you have a blast! :)
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dark Horse was SOOO GOOOD! Didn't expect that at all! Nothing Feel Like You! Ahh, I will always have a soft spot for that song. It should definitely be a summer tune. Probably won't happen though.

How special of you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're here!!!!!! :)

They never stopped :( I did get a video of them walking off the tour bus.

Perrie isn't there though. Only the other 3 got off and the bus drove off. Hope Perrie is there tonight :/
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like AXS have put even more o2 tickets on sale, it's the side view on level 1, very limited view it says
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salute not in the top 40 in the mids yet, hopefully it keeps climbing and manages it comfortably by Sunday. Top 40 will help it's exposure even more because a lot of tv shows and radios have a top 40 countdown which will give it added exposure as we build up to release week. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leigh just tweeted '2nd show in Edinburgh'

....it's Glasgow.

I hope she doesn't do that on stage :/
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    Salute not in the top 40 in the mids yet, hopefully it keeps climbing and manages it comfortably by Sunday. Top 40 will help it's exposure even more because a lot of tv shows and radios have a top 40 countdown which will give it added exposure as we build up to release week. :)

I went looking too! I bet it was just outside 40 when the midweeks were calculated, judging by its current iTunes placing. I see it being in by Sunday.

Its #33! The song is actually climbing at a faster rate now.
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 1's latest playlist up on twitter - Salute spends another week on the B-list. I just hope it makes the A-list at this rate.

EDIT: Very odd playlist update actually, very stagnant. Pretty much everything I expected to move up did not. I imagine a clear-out is imminent.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Day 2 of the #VEVOLift nominations, don't forget to vote for Little Mix!

https://ad.moontoast.com/vevo/vevolift-voting-may-2014/build/index.html?firstVideo=2

It's literally just a click, you don't have to sign-up and you can do it multiple times. You can vote from your phone too.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Saw jade today in Glasgow, she came out of a shop and took pictures with fans
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://ukairplaychart.com/uk/rolling_week/

Also at #33, and climbing.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're here!!!!!! :)

They never stopped :( I did get a video of them walking off the tour bus.

Perrie isn't there though. Only the other 3 got off and the bus drove off. Hope Perrie is there tonight :/

Why is it she is the only one who is never their coming off the bus, out of the hotel etc.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went looking too! I bet it was just outside 40 when the midweeks were calculated, judging by its current iTunes placing. I see it being in by Sunday.

Its #33! The song is actually climbing at a faster rate now.

Hahahaha glad I wasn't the only one, I thought it would be a slim chance but thought I better check anyway lol. It's doing really well on iTunes, what does everyone think Salutes peak position will be? I'm quite positive at the moment, especially if a BGT slot does happen, however, I'm a bit sad the EP isn't doing much, I think a completely unheard b-side would really help sales of their EPs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it she is the only one who is never their coming off the bus, out of the hotel etc.

In this case, she was with the Z-word. He dropped her off at some point from what my Twitter timeline tells me.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I get what u mean when zayn is about perrie never seems to be with the girls, it also happened on the DNA tour
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'll admit I agree with the Glasgow reviewer a bit on staging, albeit he/she saw a cut down version. They were budgeted for what was planned to be mostly a theater tour this time, and while the present stage show certainly isn't bad I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do next time given that they are established in arenas now.
    Day 2 of the #VEVOLift nominations, don't forget to vote for Little Mix!

https://ad.moontoast.com/vevo/vevolift-voting-may-2014/build/index.html?firstVideo=2

It's literally just a click, you don't have to sign-up and you can do it multiple times. You can vote from your phone too.
    I've tossed in a few votes, but can I just say how annoyed I am that they have absolutely no security on this poll, which actually has some ramifications for the artists in it? It's like they've never run an internet poll before... and yet, they have. You simply must lock it to once an hour/day/week by IP or you will get massive vote stuffing with scripts/addons, guaranteed. People don't even need to know how to code, they just need to know that iMacros exists.

Both fanbases I've spent much time in before have horribly rigged every poll they came across, using iMacros or if necessary Greasemonkey. The only poll either ever lost was a multiround MTV poll that suddenly put an IP lock on a 24-hour round; the opposing fanbase caught wind of the rigging before a heads up and figured out slightly better solutions to the lock more quickly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    I'll admit I agree with the Glasgow reviewer a bit on staging, albeit he/she saw a cut down version. They were budgeted for what was planned to be mostly a theater tour this time, and while the present stage show certainly isn't bad I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do next time given that they are established in arenas now.

From what I've seen its much better than the Steps Ultimate (Reunion) Tour which sold its 100k tickets in a matter of hours, and also played arenas. That consisted of a large set of illuminated risers, a lift, and a large multimedia screen. I think the Salute Tour set looks pretty darn good.

I agree with the other part of the review though. At times on the DNA tour clips it was like they'd been told they had to do X amount of songs in Y amount of time and were racing the clock instead of slowing the pace and engaging the audience.

I kind of discount the Sun and the Northeast reviews...you know they are very biased esp. because half the members hail from the region. I'm looking forward to more neutral reviewers in the upcoming days.
  • AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A USA fan who had no idea they were having a US Leg of the tour. Someone told her eventually.

Management is doing a bad job promoting the US leg so far.
    Um excuse me @LittleMix I want to go to the #SaluteTour fly me over from America? Tysm
    I wish @LittleMix was touring in Atlanta 😩❤️
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha glad I wasn't the only one, I thought it would be a slim chance but thought I better check anyway lol. It's doing really well on iTunes, what does everyone think Salutes peak position will be? I'm quite positive at the moment, especially if a BGT slot does happen, however, I'm a bit sad the EP isn't doing much, I think a completely unheard b-side would really help sales of their EPs.

Top 10 easily, close to Top 5 if they get a great BGT performance in there. I think Ed Sheeran will shoot straight into Sam Smith's #1 spot, especially if he does BGT. Ellie Goulding might be a layover in Top 5 if she does BGT as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Management is doing a bad job promoting the US leg so far.

There's 2 dates in the Chicago/Detroit area that arent even on the LM website, but their support act announced it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bmk3agGIIAA1V6F.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahaha glad I wasn't the only one, I thought it would be a slim chance but thought I better check anyway lol. It's doing really well on iTunes, what does everyone think Salutes peak position will be?

I think it can get into the lower Top 10 (#7-10), but it wont be on release week. I think it might peak later. I however would be quite happy if it sat for 10 weeks at #11 like Let It Go is doing and racked up those sales.

Would the song get a slight knock back after the Radio 1 Big Weekend artists have performed this weekend?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    There's 2 dates in the Chicago/Detroit area that arent even on the LM website, but their support act announced it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bmk3agGIIAA1V6F.jpg
    I assume they're holding off on announcing that until after they do the radio festivals in those towns. Probably a contractual obligation.

Ideally they will announce those dates right after the US run in June, while more casual fans are still paying attention.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, even I havent committed to tickets yet as its still 4 months away and I cant schedule that far ahead.
This discussion has been closed.