Free Spirit by Jedward

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    When Jedward say they've written and produced it themselves, I just assumed that meant they were involved in the process, not that they were solely responsible?

The production on the last two albums was really good, so I was hoping they were still working with some of the same people.

Thanks for the link, I've pre-ordered :)

They're fiercely independent, and so they're doing EVERYTHING themselves these days. John's said he's produced Free Spirit, I guess that means he's done the whole album too. Ed has for a very long time been making their music videos, I've had the pleasure of being asked my opinion a couple of times by him about his videos (the Waterline video they made in Tokyo and the video for Can't Forget You, made in the El Mirage salt pan in California). I'm liking their production values, they know what they want, and they're cluey enough to know how to achieve it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »
    Of course you do. It was very kind of the boys to invite their stalker...sorry, number one fan into their writing sessions.

If it helps you to enjoy their music more by believing that they wrote it all then good luck to you, I'm not trying to destroy your illusion by telling you that Santa isn't real. I'm just correcting some of the untruths you have posted on the duplicate threads you started for those that may believe what you wrote.

No untruths. It's their writing. More than just the occasional phrasing, more than just input. This is directly tapped from their brains. If you have ever read any of their philosophical tweets and/or facebook posts, you'd have no difficulty believing this is wholely and solely their work. John and Edward aren't the froth and bubble that you'd like to believe.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosemary..
    You really DON"T have a clue, do you..?
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Rosemary..
    You really DON"T have a clue, do you..?
    I actually do, I know exactly what goes on in the business, daughter was a part of it for some while.
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LisaHafey wrote: »
    If you have ever read any of their philosophical tweets and/or facebook posts, you'd have no difficulty believing this is wholely and solely their work.
    Lol this is probably the best thing that I have ever read on DS, actually forget that, the entire internet! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol this is probably the best thing that I have ever read on DS, actually forget that, the entire internet! :D

Maybe you're not familiar to their inspirational tweets? They're quite profound in their unique way and have helped a lot of young people come to terms with issues such as bullying and feeling inadequate.

They are ambassadors for the ISPCC and very active in its bullying campaign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Maybe you're not familiar to their inspirational tweets? They're quite profound in their unique way and have helped a lot of young people come to terms with issues such as bullying and feeling inadequate.

They are ambassadors for the ISPCC and very active in its bullying campaign.

No I'm not, because I'm not simple minded.
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I'm not, because I'm not simple minded.

Just closed minded?
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Rolling Stone are happy to believe that Free Spirit was written and produced by Jedward themselves, I don't see why people are making out that fans are gullible fools to believe it too.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/first-listen-jedward-grow-up-on-new-single-free-spirit-20140421
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being a music magazine they must be in on the conspiracy @dechecho or not have a clue how things really work.

Perhaps some cleverer than us people could let use know which version is correct.

Since the idea that two people who have been working in the music business for nearly 5 years and recorded 3 albums already could write and produce an album full of songs is so obviously ludicrous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Being a music magazine they must be in on the conspiracy @dechecho or not have a clue how things really work.

Perhaps some cleverer than us people could let use know which version is correct.

Since the idea that two people who have been working in the music business for nearly 5 years and recorded 3 albums already could write and produce an album full of songs is so obviously ludicrous.

Yes clearly they've hoodwinked not only us, but the entire music industry! They must be geniuses!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Jedward Twins have made a animated lyric video with the longer version of their song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IpKEGnQCBUQ

I am loving this freedom they finally have to be who they really are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    The Jedward Twins have made a animated lyric video with the longer version of their song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IpKEGnQCBUQ

I am loving this freedom they finally have to be who they really are.

Me too! It's good to see that they're finally free to show this side of themselves :)
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although i hate these 2 cretins :D the song is very good :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Although i hate these 2 cretins :D the song is very good :o

I know!
    Shocking isn't it :D

Thanks for saying so :)
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their voices are so autotuned its almost painful to listen to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any idea what number this track rocketed into the charts at? I see it completely missed the top 100! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea what number this track rocketed into the charts at? I see it completely missed the top 100! :D

Debuted at number 5 on the iTunes singer/songwriter chart, and given two of the four songs above were by Ed Sheeran (who incidentally advised them with their song writing and has in the past few days followed them on twitter) it's not bad :)

The song has now been played four consecutive weeks on BBC Radio 2 - three on the Graham Norton Show, and yesterday on the Paul O'Grady Show.

You might argue that it's just Radio 2 - but the station recently announced it has a weekly audience of 15.57 million - Radio 1 by comparison has an audience of 10.5 million.

See, it's more than about record sales. It's about peer recognition. Yes record sales help, but they are about being seen as serious musicians, and they're on their way to achieving that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    Their voices are so autotuned its almost painful to listen to.

Having heard them sing Free Spirit live I can assure you that's not autotune.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

UK charts are always problematic for them as people can't seem to get past the image XF portrayed and subsequent management perpetuated (as can be seen clearly by some comments in this thread) but the song had entered the Irish charts at number 31, which is higher than their last single with record label UMI, and without any huge media blitze, they've basically let the song speak for itself.

They are also gaining the support of a lot of Dj's and radio station's who are just discovering it, it's probably their most played song since Under Pressure.

Interestingly. It's topping radio charts in Asia and Australia. And it got top 5 in the iTunes singer songwriter chart.

It's basically more about changing attitudes and showing people they have grown and developed as artist's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LisaHafey wrote: »
    Having heard them sing Free Spirit live I can assure you that's not autotune.

I heard it live too! I was amazed. They're voices have now properly developed and as john said, now they're independent they're able to sing songs which are written by them and for them, in the right key.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is still their second lowest charting single in Ireland though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is still their second lowest charting single in Ireland though.

In contrast to past releases, there has been very little hype, no signings, or radio interviews as yet for Free Spirit in Ireland.

They did their first tv interview a few days ago, and an online Irish magazine interview today. The official video won't be released until later this week.

They let the song speak for itself and it entered the Irish chart higher than their last release.

John and Edward are delighted.