Zayn and Louis marijuana video leak

Comments

• Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think when they were talking about 'chicken' they were referring to a harder drug they'd got a hold of, probably coke or something.

I'm almost sure they do coke, etc. You only have to watch or listen to ex-boybands or singers to know exactly how popular drugs are in the music business and how they got hooked on them.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to them
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocking! Says the Daily Fail.

Though for years fans have known, joked about and made pics and gifs of the boys, esp. Zayn, high as a kite on weed.

Well, done, lads, btw, for the likely deliberate leak to harder your image the hard way since your management insists on still playing it safe, flogging time-expired mechandise even though you are all 20 plus now and likely to be smoking, drinking and swearing.

Nothing said in the vid is anymore than young lads having a good time, enjoying life.

Maybe one or two of you can get a few more concessions from HQ too. ;-)
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dakota. wrote: »
    Linky link.

Apologies for the Daily Mail link, but it's hardly surprising surely?

Shock, horror pop star caught smoking weed, so what? Next.........
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am more offended by Louis using a variation of the N word :o

>this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dakota. wrote: »
    I'm almost sure they do coke, etc. You only have to watch or listen to ex-boybands or singers to know exactly how popular drugs are in the music business and how they got hooked on them.

I'm not trivialising it and i do feel this leak is deliberate by the band and maybe, but not certainly, their management. Weed bothers me a lot less than the idea of someone young addicted to coke. Although both are equally as addictive.

i do think this is basically done to make a point. Their management was holding back on allowing them to be seen as anything other than neat little clean-cut industry puppets. This group has probably set this management up for life with the money brought in over 4 years and they're still marketing them like children, for children.

If this was the only way to redress that then hey....
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Shocking! Says the Daily Fail.

Though for years fans have known, joked about and made pics and gifs of the boys, esp. Zayn, high as a kite on weed.

Well, done, lads, btw, for the likely deliberate leak to harder your image the hard way since your management insists on still playing it safe, flogging time-expired mechandise even though you are all 20 plus now and likely to be smoking, drinking and swearing.

Nothing said in the vid is anymore than young lads having a good time, enjoying life.

Maybe one or two of you can get a few more concessions from HQ too. ;-)

Except for the N word!!! Or please don't tell me that is the norm among guys in that age group?
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    >this!

Calm down, he's referring to a member of their team called Nigel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    >this!

He'll have to give the obligatory speech to Twitter saying he's not a racist.

Young lads + dope + rap culture references = won't be first, won't be last. If i got offended every time someone called someone gay id be spending my life getting offended over mostly bits of flippant crap. Im sure therell be an intense debate over it all tho in the coming days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Young boys who have a ton of money and no parental supervision; yeah not surprising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except for the N word!!! Or please don't tell me that is the norm among guys in that age group?

No disrespect but erm....

Besides, it seems like he's referring to someone on the team called Nigel so strike that out. Not guilty, m'lud. :D
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think this will do them any major harm as far as fans goes - their current fans are quite loyal. They may have to give an apology interview but after that it'll be business as usual - it could even open them to new fans who are put off by their teen image.

Louis does come across as annoying in the video though (it's been Liam I've found most annoying in the past) and I've never seen Zayn so animated!

There are many people their age who regularly smoke or have tried it - perhaps doesn't excuse it if they are role models - but I can't judge them because if I had been worth millions of pounds at their age I dread to think what I would have been like - certainly making the most of it with the ladies like Harry has.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    I don't think this will do them any major harm as far as fans goes - their current fans are quite loyal. They may have to give an apology interview but after that it'll be business as usual - it could even open them to new fans who are put off by their teen image.

Louis does come across as annoying in the video though (it's been Liam I've found most annoying in the past) and I've never seen Zayn so animated!

There are many people their age who regularly smoke or have tried it - perhaps doesn't excuse it if they are role models - but I can't judge them because if I had been worth millions of pounds at their age I dread to think what I would have been like - certainly making the most of it with the ladies like Harry has.

Good balanced analyses imo. You get some things spot on, others, well, lets just say you've bought right into the image their people have been desperately crafting away at since the start.

Edit: if Bieber can get away with far worse, this shouldn't hurt them too much. We live in a world where we now expect this to happen in the backs of our minds if we're being truthful. No amount of image control can make 'clean-cut' a viable 24/7 reality.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more concerned what sh!t Simon Cowell was smoking when he gave those talentless ***** a record deal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait a minute if there "security" team or whoever looks after them was there shouldn't they be up on charges? Don't get me wrong ive partaken myself but I'm not stupid enough to do it right under there nose's. Keep it @home knob'ed. & why are record companies allowed to continue giving them a contract?
    6 months for all concer
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I bet they take harder drugs than weed even the "nicer" ones have a past.

Yep. This isn't anything juicy. Wake me up when there is footage of them snorting or injecting something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I posted on that other thread that one of the members who often tweets quite cryptically, quoted Electric Avenue 2 days ago, all innocent out if the blue, like. Lol.

Yeah, I'm more convinced now that they are - what's the term, just remarketing/rebranding themselves.
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Good balanced analyses imo. You get some things spot on, others, well, lets just say you've bought right into the image their people have been desperately crafting away at since the start.<snip>

Thanks. I know it's a crafted image, anything with Simon Cowell (who I like) involved has to be to a degree - I only mentioned Harry as his image (whether true or not) is how I would have liked to have been in my early 20s - and I'm sure I'm not the only man who thinks so.

Once the band ends and they move on it will be interesting to see in hindsight to what level the image has been crafted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I'm sure this will be completely blown out of proportion by many but is any one truly bothered by it? Like most have said it's two young lads doing what young lads do.

If they'd been snorting or injecting something it would be a different story altogether of course.

If Miley Cyrus can spark a joint on stage at the EMAs without people batting an eye lid then this should surely be no different.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with them smoking a joint? It's better than them snorting or, to be honest, smoking cigarettes. If Miley can light one up on stage at an awards show, then these boys can do it in private. The only thing that bothers me about the video is having to listen to Louis absolutely grating voice.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vdp2791 wrote: »
    I'm sure this will be completely blown out of proportion by many but is any one truly bothered by it? Like most have said it's two young lads doing what young lads do.

If they'd been snorting or injecting something it would be a different story altogether of course.

If Miley Cyrus can spark a joint on stage at the EMAs without people batting an eye lid then this should surely be no different.
    And you know Simon ain't leaving all that money lying on the table
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a bit surprised they were being so brazen in a country like Peru. Don't they have very strong drug laws? I wonder what would happen if they had been arrested?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zayn's just said more in one backseat vid than he has in any of his televised interviews.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They aren't the first and won't be the last. My issue is them acting like it makes them big and clever. It doesn't.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    I am a bit surprised they were being so brazen in a country like Peru. Don't they have very strong drug laws? I wonder what would happen if they had been arrested?
    Possession of small quantities is not illegal in Peru.