Options

2014/15 Premier League TV Fixtures Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjexpjex Posts: 9,397
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    Hopefully that's true Spiros_Red.

I do love my football on TV, especially Super Sunday double and tripple headers.

But I spend way more a year attending than I do on my Sky subs, so it irks me somewhat that it's TV that's holding up confirmation.

It's not about how much you spend though, tv revenue is way more as many more people have sky sports than attend games. Hence Tv companies have the power to choose times.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    It's not about how much you spend though, tv revenue is way more as many more people have sky sports than attend games. Hence Tv companies have the power to choose times.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that.

It just irks that's all.

The match going fan who creates the atmosphere feels as if they're secondary.

Just a moan that's all :)
  • Options
    Ryan_Kerr1Ryan_Kerr1 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Rang up Sky and got through to someone who at least knew what they were talking about and they said that they are hoping to release them tomorrow but if not Monday/Tuesday by the latest
  • Options
    xtradjxtradj Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan_Kerr1 wrote: »
    Rang up Sky and got through to someone who at least knew what they were talking about and they said that they are hoping to release them tomorrow but if not Monday/Tuesday by the latest

I've been told tommorow but I remember last year sky named a day and it was then delayed so who knows.

Wouldn't suprise me if they came out Monday along with the new studio if that's ready
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hopefully today is the day
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Hopefully today is the day

If it isn't, can we expect some more tears before bedtime? :D
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it isn't, can we expect some more tears before bedtime? :D

Especially when the train tickets go up by another £2.50 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Especially when the train tickets go up by another £2.50 :D

Didn't know they started a train service now between Belfast and London. Where can you book that?
  • Options
    coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so 9am could they be out, or 10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so 9am could they be out, or 10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5pm

well its not 9am..
  • Options
    xtradjxtradj Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well its not 9am..

What time was it last year?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xtradj wrote: »
    What time was it last year?

Think it was around 11am last year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rang up the premier league and they said they are hoping it's today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rang up the premier league and they said they are hoping it's today

how sad are you, dont you have a life?
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was gonna post this a few mins ago but I'm to polite
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna post this a few mins ago but I'm to polite

well ive heard it all now, them season dont start for another month, and he phones up the premier league..
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's safe to assume that everyone posting on this thread doesn't have a life . . . . . .. . .oh wait a minute :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's safe to assume that everyone posting on this thread doesn't have a life . . . . . .. . .oh wait a minute :blush:

i work nights, but i just think its very very sad, tht someones rang up the Premier League to ask when the tv games are out....
  • Options
    Gray77Gray77 Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do these threads ever get moderated?

Why the constant digs at one poster? Has he slagged anyone off? No, he's just impatient for a set of TV fixtures to come out and has decided to mention that on a thread specifically about the release of TV fixtures.

If none of you care when they're released why keep coming back on the TV Fixtures thread to then just have a pop at someone who does care?
  • Options
    JudioJudio Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point

I am on here because I want to know when the changes are being announced

If someone has rung up the Premier League that is very useful info for me

Much more reliable than saying "Talk on Twitter suggests they are coming out"

Same with the poster who has spoken to Newcastle, that was very useful info
  • Options
    TangoTango Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gray77 wrote: »

Why the constant digs at one poster? Has he slagged anyone off? No, he's just impatient for a set of TV fixtures to come out and has decided to mention that on a thread specifically about the release of TV fixtures.

If none of you care when they're released why keep coming back on the TV Fixtures thread to then just have a pop at someone who does care?

I totally agree, I also am impatient and call people, it's each to their own.

He's just informing us it maybe out today and hasn't claimed that he knows inside information .
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,088
    Forum Member
    Gray77 wrote: »

There's a difference between caring and getting worked up/ringing up the PL/Sky/BT/whoever else though. Has he had any reason to get worked up? No. Has he had any reason to ring the PL up? No.

He might 'care' and be impatient but he's, quite honestly, making himself look just a little bit silly getting worked up over it and deciding to ring the PL.

It's hardly important enough to ring someone about or get worked up over is it? Plus it's not like he's actually achieved anything by getting worked up.

Fact of the matter is they'll be out when they're out, and no matter what information people get, they're still going to have to wait anyway.
  • Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well ive heard it all now, them season dont start for another month, and he phones up the premier league..

He took the time to ring the PL.

You took the time to post having a go at him.

Who has no life again?

For the record, this delay affects all matchgoing supporters, even local ones who might be shiftworkers who could need to arrange time off.

Or those who work Saturdays, Sundays or evenings as part of their working week and might need to organise or put in for annual leave.
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,088
    Forum Member
    Tango wrote: »
    I totally agree, I also am impatient and call people, it's each to their own.

He's just informing us it maybe out today and hasn't claimed that he knows inside information .

We've known for the last week at least that the TV games might be out on this day/that day/any day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sat-ire wrote: »
    He took the time to ring the PL.

You took the time to post having a go at him.

Who has no life again?

For the record, this delay affects all matchgoing supporters, even local ones who might be shiftworkers who could need to arrange time off.

Or those who work Saturdays, Sundays or evenings as part of their working week and might need to organise or put in for annual leave.

or stop pretending being a supporter and go and watch your local non league side who needs the money so much more than ur premier league side..