BT Infinity without additional telephone line

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
Forum Member
Hi I am looking for a way to have BT Infinity installed in my house without the need for an additional telephone line, here’s the scenario :

Current situation
• BT Landline
• Sky broadband 3Mb
• Sky for telephone calls and satellite

I have now started my own business and want to use the broadband for business purposes, thus I would like to increase the speed and capacity of the broadband.
I don’t currently pay for broadband as the usage is low

Proposed situation
• BT Landline
• Sky Broadband 3Mb for personal use
• BT infinity 40Mb for business use.

However the only way I can achieve the above situation is to have an additional phone line installed with a monthly cost of £14.60 that I wont even use. I don’t need a business telephone for home as I use my mobile for all business calls

To simplify all I want is a BT infinity broadband service for £18 month withour a phone line

Any idea’s ? I am keen to keep the personal and business broadband separate and I wont qualify for the free Sky broadband without taking my calls through them

Comments

• joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    Skid Solo wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for a way to have BT Infinity installed in my house without the need for an additional telephone line, here’s the scenario :

Current situation
    • BT Landline
    • Sky broadband 3Mb

I have now started my own business and want to use the broadband for business purposes, thus I would like to increase the speed and capacity of the broadband.

Proposed situation
    • BT Landline

However the only way I can achieve the above situation is to have an additional phone line installed with a monthly cost of £14.60 that I wont even use. I don’t need a business telephone for home as I use my mobile for all business calls

To simplify all I want is a BT infinity broadband service for £18 month withour a phone line

Any idea’s ? I am keen to keep the personal and business broadband separate and I wont qualify for the free Sky broadband without taking my calls through them

You have two options here

The first is upgrading your Sky Broadband package to Sky Fibre 40MB Broadband from the 12 April

Prices

£50 Installation without a W
    £20 a month Rental Fee

No telephone line requires as you already have Sky Calls and Sky Broadband

https://fibre.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-options/sky-fibre-broadband/

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press_releases/2012/sky_builds_on_broadband_growth_with_increased_coverage_10000_wifi_hotspots_and_new_fibre_launch

The other Option is you take the BT Infinity service, they do one for Business but this is very costly and the worse Deal that you can have, the Best one is their Home Infinity service

BT Infinity without a Phone Line is £28 a month
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Current situation
    • BT Landline
    • Sky broadband 3Mb

Proposed situation
    • BT Landline

No you'll need to take line rental through BT to get Infinity.
    Forum Member

Current situation
    • BT Landline
    • Sky broadband 3Mb

Proposed situation
    • BT Landline

You have two options here

The first is upgrading your Sky Broadband package to Sky Fibre 40MB Broadband from the 12 April

Prices

£50 Installation without a Wireless Conntection
    £80 Installation with a Wireless Connection and Router
    £20 a month Rental Fee

No telephone line requires as you already have Sky Calls and Sky Broadband

https://fibre.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-options/sky-fibre-broadband/

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press_releases/2012/sky_builds_on_broadband_growth_with_increased_coverage_10000_wifi_hotspots_and_new_fibre_launch

The other Option is you take the BT Infinity service, they do one for Business but this is very costly and the worse Deal that you can have, the Best one is their Home Infinity service

BT Infinity without a Phone Line is £26 as of today, so get in quick, plus of course the £6 P&P if you want their Router, if not then you do not have to pay any Set Up Fees

This package is Unlimited so you can Download as much as you want

No Installation Charge either for this package

This Deal is only available by Phoning BT on 150,
    it is not available online

How many Phone Lines do you have currently?

I think BT Infinity will need a Phone Line, so if you cannot convert one that you aleady have you shall need a new one put in

It is currently free at the time you order your BT Broadband product

See here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25497 and Scroll Down to Installing your new phone line
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,507
    Forum Member
    *MikeB* wrote: »

Correct, but he can get the rental for £10-odd a month if he pays a year in advance, free line connection too. Huge reductions (but he would be better not to tell them that the Infinity is for business use!).
    Forum Member
    *MikeB* wrote: »

Yes, if that is the case then Get BT Line Saver Rental
    for £129 every year or it is £14.60 a month

See here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29984
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Correct, but he can get the rental for £10-odd if he pays a year in advance, free line connection too. Huge reductions (but he would be better not to tell them that the Infinity is for business use!).

Exactly my thoughts

I did this when I had my Virgin services installed, I told them it was for home use and not for Business use

I do not think the Engineers care much how you are using the services after it has been installed

They ask you a few questions and that is it, apart from you answering them that is

I do not think they know what is going on to be honest,
    because when I had my Business phone line installed for Free in my flat, they just got on with the Job and did not realise much that it was actually a place where I lived,
    all they cared about was getting the Installation done and move on to the next Job

As it is an Unlimited BT Infinity Broadband product, he can use it for business, I am not sure BT will mind if he uses it for Business use,
    as he is only saving himself a few quid on the monthly charge
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,507
    Forum Member
    For goodness' sake J_W, you really do sow confusion by over-complicating your answers to the simplest of questions.
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    For goodness' sake J_W, you really do sow confusion by over-complicating your answers to the simplest of questions.

I was giving him information on ways to pay the BT Line Rental, so he can make an informed decision that might actually save him some money