Options

Revolution (US PACE) spoilers in tags

daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So just downloaded it, anyone watched the first episode yet?

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Revolution's a sci-fi show, you may get a better response in the 'Cult, Sci-Fi and Fantasy' forum.

I've not seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to watching on Hulu later
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh damn, my bad! Mods can you move to scifi please :)
  • Options
    TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not on until next week as far as I can see:

Our Hope S01 E01 18th Sep '12 2:00am - 3:00am

What have you downloaded?
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Tiexen wrote: »
    Something else, obviously. :p

@ OP, the TV show isn't out till mid-September.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

An advanced screening.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Flash525 wrote: »
    Something else, obviously. :p

@ OP, the TV show isn't out till mid-September.
    It's been available on the NBC webiste (and other sources soon after) since yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow didn't know that this was available to watch, this is the show I'm most looking forward although the track record for these type of shows barring Lost isnt that good especially in recent years (FlashForward, The Event etc.)
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is available on torrent sites. I'm surprised it's been leaked this early, but I guess it was inevitable as NBC are showing it on their website as Corwin said.
  • Options
    zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Just watched the pilot on NBC.

The show seems similar to Jerimiah. It seems that they are rushing the pilot episode to get straight into the action.

Im guessing we will have a better feel for the show in a few more episodes, for now I will give it a chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    The Gaurdian seemed to like it
    Revolution (NBC, Monday, September 17, at 10pm)

There are a few shows this year trying to be the next Lost, and this is the one that comes the closest. Fifteen years after the world mysteriously lost all power, America has scattered into low-fi villages and controlled by regional warlords. The one man who may know how to turn the power back on just got killed and his daughter and brother are on a quest to turn the lights back on. The pilot is a little jaunty (but there is a lot of exposition to put in place) but if this can smooth itself out and develop some great characters (Breaking Bad's Giancarlo Esposito plays another stand-out villain) then it might finally capture the sci-fi crown.

I enjoyed but it still seems a bit too much like Terra Nova to me, and I doubt it will get renewed so I'll probably save them all and leave it till midseason to see whether it looks like it's going to be renewed or not.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its an interesting concept, but I'd rather they'd not gone down the road of 'who switched off the lights & how can we switch them back on?' as, inevitiably, the show will be cancelled before we ever find out.
    Also - I've not seen "The hunger games" but I'm assuming there's quite an influence with the fiesty young woman wandering the land armed only with bow 'n arrows?
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed large parts of it, but was let down with other parts that made no sense whatsoever. Like the walk to Chicago that was done in 2 minutes (or so it seemed)

First impressions were I'd watch the whole season if it stayed much the same. But the ending was a bit silly (fancy the young lad having an asthma attack right were that woman lived!
  • Options
    TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no spoilers please!
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It a US pace thread. So if you're in here then I would have thought you'd be watching US pace So spoilers will be here.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    jaimesw wrote: »
    It a US pace thread. So if you're in here then I would have thought you'd be watching US pace So spoilers will be here.

But Revolution hasn't even aired on TV in the US yet. The pilot airs on NBC on September 17. People are talking about what they saw on the pilot now because it is available on the internet.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    It's been available on the NBC webiste (and other sources soon after) since yesterday.
    I stand corrected. Being from the UK though, I can't watch anything on the NBC website.
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    Wow didn't know that this was available to watch, this is the show I'm most looking forward although the track record for these type of shows barring Lost isnt that good especially in recent years (FlashForward, The Event etc.)
    Lets hope this show fares better than those two; and Terra Nova.
    I enjoyed but it still seems a bit too much like Terra Nova to me, and I doubt it will get renewed so I'll probably save them all and leave it till midseason to see whether it looks like it's going to be renewed or not.
    I'll probably wait to see if this gets renewed before I start watching it. I've got into a couple of shows as of late that have ended up cancelled prematurely.
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,102
    Forum Member
    It was okay. The pacing seemed way too fast, trying to pack too much into the first episode without giving us chance to get to know the main characters first. It's rather telling that the bad guys are more memorable than the 'good guys' :). Plus there's a number of obvious 'LOST' inspired moments (which I hope doesn't continue, Lost annoyed me with it's horrible final few seasons :) ) but overall it shows enough promise to draw me in to episode 2.

Certainly the best JJ series since Fringe (though that only means it's better than Undercovers and Alcatraz :) ).
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,102
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    But Revolution hasn't even aired on TV in the US yet. The pilot airs on NBC on September 17. People are talking about what they saw on the pilot now because it is available on the internet.

Actually it's available in a number of places, not just on the website. It's available in most of the places that people watching the show at US place would normally get the episode from. So does US pace strictly mean 'US TV pace' or first availability pace for a US show? Subjective topic I think. I've tried to avoid spoilers in my mini-review above to be safe but if it's available to view (legally) then you'll probably get some spoilers in this thread.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Rooks wrote: »
    So does US pace strictly mean 'US TV pace' or first availability pace for a US show? Subjective topic I think.

In my experience over the years at DS the moderators define "pace" as when a show actually airs on TV in a given country.
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If all electricity is gone, why isn't everyone (and their goats) dead?
    If the mysterious phenomenon can kncokout planes, power lines etc., then surely it would have no problem shutting down the electrical impulses in the human (and animal) body.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect the change is that electricity can no longer pass through metal. From my hazy memories of A-level physics electricity is propagated differently in metals to non-metals.
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I expect the change is that electricity can no longer pass through metal. From my hazy memories of A-level physics electricity is propagated differently in metals to non-metals.

Nope.

There was a computer working at the end, and while the semi conductors aren't metal, the tracks between components are ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    Nope.

There was a computer working at the end, and while the semi conductors aren't metal, the tracks between components are ....

But the computer was only working after she pressed the button on her magic locket - the light above her came on too. So presumably the magic locket can reverse/cancel out the blackout over a limited area allowing electricity to behave 'normally' again.
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was... OK. I can't say I'm hooked, and the low-tech post-apocalypse look reminded me of nothing as much as the old "Planet Of The Apes" TV series, but if the rest of the series moves along as briskly as the pilot, and the plot arc isn't too drawn out, I'll be sticking with it for a few episodes at least...
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Really disappointed, it didn't really have me hooked and its a shame as I love the premise and the trailers looked really promising, just looked a little low rent and the action scenes at the end were silly. I preferred The Event, a similarly high concept NBC drama that never really got a fair run-I'll be amazed if its renewed if it continues like that though