Options

How does yr husband or boyfriend feel about how u dress up? Do u dress up his way?

Hilda_ChimanayiHilda_Chimanayi Posts: 123
Forum Member
My husband says as long as it is something that really reveals that I am married now!

Comments

• Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whut?

What clothing reveals you 'are married now'
  • Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like going to Tesco in your wedding dress?
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You husband says what?

As long as it's something that really reveals that you're married now?

Does that mean you're only allowed to wear a wedding dress? What other clothing could possibly reveal that you're married now?
  • Options
    JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you wear to signify that you're married? Apart from the ring, of course. A ball and chain?
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    You husband says what?

Does that mean you're only allowed to wear a wedding dress? What other clothing could possibly reveal that you're married now?

Not even a wedding dress would work Miss Havisham ;)
  • Options
    DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    I wear what the hell I want. My OH has never tried to tell me what to wear, as they know how I'd react!
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Not even a wedding dress would work Miss Havisham ;)

Hahaha! Very true.

Poor Pip and Estella, screw Romeo and Juliet. Their story was the greatest tragedy of all time!
  • Options
    StillAliveStillAlive Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we might be treated to a picture or two :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP why don't you put a bit of time and energy into the 46 threads you have started instead of firing off thread after thread that you then abandon. 97 posts and 46 of them are to start new threads that you yourself are not even interested in.

Maybe I need a nap but...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sweh wrote: »
    You husband says what?

What I mean here is that the way I used to dress up before I was married should be different from now, for example lets say before I was married I used to dress up in a manner that would attract boys for I was looking for one, but now I have a husband there is no way I can still be dressing up like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What I mean here is that the way I used to dress up before I was married should be different from now, for example lets say before I was married I used to dress up in a manner that would attract boys for I was looking for one, but now I have a husband there is no way I can still be dressing up like that.

So you've always dressed for men instead of for yourself.

Foolish woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just get a Burka and be done with it.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    StillAlive wrote: »
    Just get a Burka and be done with it.

Indeed.

1894 called. It wants it's Victorian back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Domestos wrote: »
    So you've always dressed for men instead of for yourself.

Foolish woman.
    Married couples should give each other respect so me dressing up my own way without my husband's approval means I do not show respect to him and that is what you call foolish. Just bear in mind that being married is different from being single, for when married u have someone in your life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Married couples should give each other respect so me dressing up my own way without my husband's approval means I do not show respect to him and that is what you call foolish. Just bear in mind that being married is different from being single, for when married u have someone in your life.

So how has he changed his dress to 'respect' you?
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Whut?

What clothing reveals you 'are married now'

An "I'M WITH STUPID" T-shirt?
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    OP, are you Grand Dizzy's wife?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    An "I'M WITH STUPID" T-shirt?

Just wear anything decent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell your "husband" to get stuffed.

Either that, or this thread is actually a 2/10 for effort.
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In a healthy relationship, what you wear should never be an issue. I would never tell my wife or gf what not to, or what to wear. I'd want her to be happy wearing whatever makes her feel good!

If she wanted to wear a short dress, if she wanted to wear a great big overcoat, fine. If she's happy, i'm happy. Like i said, shouldn't be an issue!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OP why don't you put a bit of time and energy into the 46 threads you have started instead of firing off thread after thread that you then abandon. 97 posts and 46 of them are to start new threads that you yourself are not even interested in.

Maybe I need a nap but...

Please m
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    In a healthy relationship, what you wear should never be an issue. I would never tell my wife or gf what not to, or what to wear. I'd want her to be happy wearing whatever makes her feel good!

If she wanted to wear a short dress, if she wanted to wear a great big overcoat, fine. If she's happy, i'm happy. Like i said, shouldn't be an issue!

Lovely answer!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does your gf know about the wife? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I buy the clothes and just ask for my husband's approval. If he says it not good then I will not wear it, my husband and I agreed that we should be outspoken about anything that is why I ask him first before doing anything so what I wrote on this thread is his opinion towards how I should dress up.
  • Options
    killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,921
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by Yeah_Jackie View Post

I totally agree, at least this one doesn't have a poll :D