Options

Week 4 - 5 Thoughts

Comments

• Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patrick was the dance of the night for me. He felt it; he moved it... You could feel something off that dance. But then I liked his Nat King Cole last week. Love the relationship between him and Anya. They're quiet, hard-working, respectful grown-ups

Mark suits the Thai fisherman trousers. Love him and Iveta together -- great choreography

Delighted to hear the audience cheer Bruce's comment about energy prices. 2015 can't come soon enough :cool:

Imelda May is the bee's knees

Most improved dancer: Julien (samba his best dance by miles)
  • Options
    KaeresteKaereste Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Natalie am-a-zing
    2. Ashley - under marked
    3. Fiona - most ungracious when being given gentle criticism.
    4. Abbey - I think I must have been watching a different tango to everyone else as I found her insipid.
    5. Bruno falling off his chair - priceless.

6. And my bonus 6 - Go Brucie! I mean seriously - GO!
  • Options
    Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. LOVED Sophie and Brenden's FT tonight. So elegant :)
    2. Abbey surprised me, a fantastic tango :cool:
    3. Was feeling sympathy for Julien, he's working so hard.....but then he opened his gob!!! Bad move OTT or what :(
    4. Jive is not Deborah's dance but hope she is back next week :)
    QS is not Racel's dance but then non of them have been :yawn:
    5. Sorry Dave, Rachel, Fiona and Julien....you all deserve to be in the bottom two:o:cry::(
    Just to add I liked the other dances. Ashley looked so much better in training than on the night!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Best of the night was Sophie and Bendan. Elegant FT, in hold
    2) I know that Natalie had a bad back, but that was more show dance than QS
    3) (C)Rap music has no place in Strictly, that was no ChaChaCha!
    4) Kristina needs to realise it's about presenting the celebrity in the best light, not her
    5) So many bad music & choreography choices this week. Can't the pros do proper ballroom or latin anymore, or are the celebs so bad that they can't handle it?
  • Options
    multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    overall seemed more like a freestyle week than anything else, the voting was odd and very inconsistent.
    1 Ben's dance was basically a pole dance with him as the pole.
    2 Marks dance was a joke,
    3 Dave without his comedic input is now vulnerable because the public will just see the poor dancing,
    4 Julian seems a sweet guy giving it his all.
    the only boy who is remotely good is Ashley.
    5 Suzanna seems to have a touch of dwarfism and reminded me of the singing ringing tree.(showing my age)
    I can see she is determined to do her best and that should be applauded not snipped at by jealous types. She works hard and plays hard. Although her horror at Craig's score was fun
    6 Abbey can dance but seems petrified as soon as the music stops. Also looked like a boy which was disconcerting
    7 Debs was terrible and whist she is loving every moment can't do the fast dances. I had a thought during her dance that it must be terribly disheartening out there watching the pro and thinking "How on Earth am I meant to compete with that". I do wonder if some of the pro's are so intent on showing off their skills they fail to adapt to their partner. Anton for all his faults always dances with his partner,
    On that note,
    8 Fiona is another who is poor. Lovely lady and all that but poor none the less.
    9 Rachael is a typical English rose, stiff and lacks rhythm. Did anyone notice she had a big spot on her head?
    10 Sophie is very very good, can't overly warm to her but that shouldn't affect how I see her dancing, sure fire finalist

11 Nat for all the back story is far and away the best dancer and there is no one close enough to beat her without the public vote.

Lastly the reasons for getting out of the practice sessions to look for inspiration are getting lamer and lamer
  • Options
    VintageWhineVintageWhine Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Abbey and Natalie were outstanding, and a little undermarked.

2. Ben and Kristina's amazing excuse for a Salsa reminded me of Hanna Karttunen's exhibition dances with Victor da Silva (which I think featured twice on Strictly), an example of which is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTYWlUNSki4

3. Rachel looked all-leg in those ridiculous yellow trousers - definitely not appropriate dress for a Quickstep.

4. Some funny marking, as usual (I shall be examining the judges' scoring in a couple of weeks' time).

6. Uh-oh, lots of tied scores - could be a minor disahster in Sunday's (:rolleyes:) results show (hope not though!).
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Really noticed Patrick and Anya for the first, thought it was a great dance.

2) Iveta is doing some brilliant choreography for Mark; not only is it funny but he can actually dance.

3) The judges seemed to be quite nit picky with Ashley in comparison to others.

4) It's a pity Rachel did not perform the quickstep properly, it would have been great. I think Pasha is perhaps a little over ambitious with the choreography for somebody of Rachels ability.

5) I've warmed to Julien, the dancing clearly does not come easy to him but he's really working hard. I hope he doesn't go tonight.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Patrick great :)

2) Fiona dreadful :yawn:

3) How come two celebs do minimal content of the dance they are supposed to be doing and only one gets penalised for it? :confused:

4) I don't blame Robin for the disguise :(

5) Well done Abby :cool:
  • Options
    crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. The judges seem far harsher on Ashley on both comments and scores compared to the others .
    2. I like Mark and he is entertaining but he was stupidly over marked last night .
    3. Any hope I had of Rachel being a contender went last night
    4. Deborah clearly is loving dancing and I hope she stays in for a few more weeks .
    5. I love Kevin from Grimbsy
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    1. Bruce :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Natalie's QS was more like an American Smooth but so well done.

3. I want to take Dave, Mark and 'Kevin from Grimsby' home with me

4. Deborah's shoes were awful.

5. I can't take to Rachel. I don't know why.
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    1. Both Abbey and Natalie was fantastic last night, and were easily the best of the week. I thought Natalie's was a little better technically, but I would probably rather watch Abbey's again. ;)

2. Ben was so over-marked it wasn't even funny. He was literally a lamppost for the entire dance and still got 8s, whereas the likes of Ashley and Susanna who tried and produced better dances got marked less/the same. :rolleyes:

3. I really enjoyed watching Dave and Deborah last night - they both tried their hardest and it was a pleasure to watch them both. :)

4. I didn't get the hype about Patrick until tonight. He blew me away, in all honesty, simply because I wasn't expecting it AT ALL. His facial expressions. though... :eek:

5. Sophie bored me. It's a shame as she is one of my favourites, but I was very underwhelmed by the whole routine. It could have been much more interesting, but Brendan played it a little too safe for me. It was good, but predictable. :o
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
      Natalie - amazing. Grrrr to Len - his miserable 8 deprived her of a clear lead.
      [*]Abbey - stunning performance - but far too much eye make up.
      [*]Sophie - lovely romantic foxtrot. I've been looking for some warmth between Brendan and her and last night I believe I saw it.
      [*]Deborah - one of the most likeable contestants. The jive was not her dance - hope she stays in a little longer.
      [*]Darcy - I've started using the ff button when she speaks. That whining speaking voice sets my teeth on edge.
    1. Options
      TopsyCTopsyC Posts: 228
      Forum Member
      Natalie and Artem, class
      Mark and Iveta, made me smile
      Shut up, Fiona and Julien
      Loving cute new pro Kevinfromgrimsby
      Bored with Bruno's falling off chair act
    2. Options
      olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      1) Abbey & Aljaz ~ best dance of the night for me

2) Mark & Iveta ~ entertaining, yes, a cha cha, no

3) judges scores all over the place ~ again

4) Bruce needs to retire! Now!

5) I LOVE the singers & the band but tonight Spice Up Your Life was not good
    3. Options
      TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      1. Abbey danced really well but I thought the routine was boring.
      2. Natalie is in a class of her own and Artem's choreography (in comparison to Aljaz') is so inventive.
      3. Deborah is worse than Julien.
      4. Love Mark & Iveta.
      5. Rachel is dire, Pasha has his work cut out for him, you can't instil musicality.
    4. Options
      AedinAedin Posts: 173
      Forum Member
      1. Poor Deborah - I still love her even after that terrible jive. And those hideous shoes. Not to mention both dreadful skirts.

2. I don't get the love for Abbey - that tango was dull (and I love tangos). Nor for Ben: what actual dancing did he do?

3. The cha-chas were great this week - Patrick is gorgeous, cool and really improving. Mark & Iveta's funny, clever, innovative take on it will become a Strictly classic.

4. What planet are wardrobe on?

5. Natalie & Artem's quickstep was in a different league to everything else: classy, slick, witty. Wow.
    5. Options
      Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Over-inflated scores this week, and a big shock that Craig was party to some of that too.

Craig giving Ben and 8 was a joke (esp from him).
      Darcy giving Mark and Abbey the same score was a joke.
      Len and Bruno never shock anymore with their scores.

Admitingly Marks' dance was....special, but talk about freebie scoring for him and Ben in particular. But Iveta is doing well in creating so far two of the most funny dances on Strictly this (imo) even if the technique on Mark's side didn't match up.

The two best dances by Abbey and Natalie got overshadowed by what were crowd pleasers rather than credible dance numbers (imso).
    6. Options
      jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      1. Sophie ♥
      2. Enjoyed Patrick, Mark and Deborah.
      3. I'm just beginning to find some of the dancers/routines unspeakably bad & average (without even entertainment value)...
      4. ...so I've started ffwding through people I find dull (Cohen, Ashley, Rachel, Susannah)
      5. Did love it when Rachel said 'sh*t' :D
    7. Options
      nedtheatomicnedtheatomic Posts: 192
      Forum Member
      1. Mark - that joke isn't funny anymore, gurners of the world ...
      2. Judges on good form.
      3. Bruce - really felt for the guy in the shirt/vest - stuff that should be said off air - minging - his show obviously
      4. Rachel - stoic as ever in the face of fair criticism, real judge of character is when things are not going well, hope it clicks ( soon)
      5. Natalie & Artem - classy.
    8. Options
      Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      1. So sad to see Deborah in that mess after her joyful Quickstep last week
      2. I adore Mark & Ievta. A funny performer who can dance quite well
      3. Kevin's attitude & joyfull personality remind me of a much missed Ian Waite.
      4. Anton !!!! Really it's just not good enough
      5. Isn't it time Bruce had another little break
    9. Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
      Forum Member
      1. Love Brendan more than ever! Best pro I'd say, considering how well he does with good & bad
      2. Wish Tess would stop doing model poses at the top of the show!
      3. Natalie dances amazingly well yet doesn't make me excited
      4. Mark needs more credit for his dancing!
      5. The thing that annoys me most! Robin does not adapt to whoever he is given as a partner! They all have to dance manically like him! He's not a great jiver anyway imo so to teach a celeb & make it that fast and furious is silly!
    10. Options
      Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
      Forum Member
      1. The things I would do to Anya :o
      2. Fiona just doesn't have the concentration to do a whole Strictly routine.
      3. Ben is still being used as a clothing rack for Kristina's clothes
      4. Susanna is channeling her inner Karen Hardy (are they twins?)
      5. Iveta makes a surprisingly convincing gangsta ho'.
    11. Options
      Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,824
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      1. Some bizarre scoring this week
      2. Terrible costume & song choices for some couples as well
      3. Not minded Fiona up until this week but didn't like her attitude after some deserved criticism
      4. Nice to see dave attempting some proper dancing this week
      5. How good would Natalie have been with a full week of rehearsals? I do hope she lasts the series
    12. Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      1. I roared with laughter at Mark and Iveta's cha cha. Iveta is the best thing to have happened to this series, she is clearly unhinged and I love it.

2. Julien has set my teeth on edge just too many times now.

3. The first real dud for Deborah and Robin.

4. Another dud for Rachel and Pasha

5. Bruce was just not there at all.
    13. Options
      Melody.ExEMelody.ExE Posts: 67
      Forum Member
      1.) The costume department made some interesting choices. Julien appeared to have fungus growing out of his shoulder.

2.) Rachel looked so sincere in the dance off, I think it may have shown her in a better light.

3.) Fiona's Rhumba made me cringe, but I'm glad she's getting another chance for a new dance.

4.) I thought Sophie looked a little floppy in her Foxtrot, but I still love her.

5.) My inner cynic was actually glad Natalie didn't come out with a flawless 40-point dance after all the news about her back. (Her dance was still very good though)